Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

how come they let Artadi off to another team???

I would understand Reavis being traded, but Artadi???

have it ever come across your minds that the trades that happened maybe an orchestrated move by TOP Management to re-align the composition of their 3 Teams.

As such, maybe the Gins coaching staff had no say as it was a top management decision.

nabasa ko lang sa ibang forum.. MC47 leading the gin kings again in scoring.. wala nga lang boxscores to know kung sino sino ung mga players that were fielded in..

Landmasters-Ginebra game tied

By Dale Rosal

Cebu Daily News

The Mandaue-Cebu Landmasters stunned the visiting Barangay Ginebra Gin Kings, forcing a 79-all count in an exhibition game yesterday at the jam-packed Mandaue City Cultural and Sports Complex.

The Gin Kings, fresh from a 76-71 victory over the M. Lhuillier-Cebu Niños Monday night, fought tooth-and-nail with the Landmasters and the home team never gave up until the final buzzer.

In front of a loud crowd than included Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes and boxing champion Z "The Dream" Gorres, Mandaue banked on the late-game heroics of its veteran players to forge the tie. Since the game was an exhibition match, no overtime period was needed to settle the game.

Alex Cainglet, Jerome Berame and Francis Mercado scored crucial points in the fourth that helped settle the outcome of the game.

Cainglet led Mandaue with 14 points while John Paul Alcaraz and Boyet Bautista both added 11 each.

Mark Caguioa led the Gin Kings with 16 points while Ronald Tubid added 15.

After the game, Mandaue coach Jun Tan said he was impressed with the way his wards played.

"Nakita nako nga maayo ang dagan sa duwa namo batok Ginebra, maayo unta nga magpadayon ni hangtod sa Liga Pilipinas," said Tan, whose Landmasters squad is presently competing in the Liga Pilipinas 3 tournament against some of the best in the country, including the Niños.

The Landmasters showed signs of brilliance when they led after the first period, 25-20.

Mandaue managed to hold on to a two-point lead in the third but the Gin Kings, the most popular team in the PBA, fought hard in the final canto.

After Caguioa and company put up a five-point lead halfway through the final canto, Cainglet started off a late rally capped off with Berame and Mercado’s efforts to force the tie.

new acquisitions for our beloved Gin Kings are Paolo Bugia, Enrico Villanueva, newcomer Kevin White. Gone are Paul Artadi, Rafi Reavis, Chico Lanete. Mainstays are The Fast and the Furious, Major Pain, Willie Wilson, Junthy Valenzuela, Ronald Tubid, Cyrus Baguio, Douglas Kramer, JC Intal. Go Kings!!! Looking forward to the All-Filipino Cup on October 2009.

new acquisitions for our beloved Gin Kings are Paolo Bugia, Enrico Villanueva, newcomer Kevin White. Gone are Paul Artadi, Rafi Reavis, Chico Lanete. Mainstays are The Fast and the Furious, Major Pain, Willie Wilson, Junthy Valenzuela, Ronald Tubid, Cyrus Baguio, Douglas Kramer, JC Intal. Go Kings!!! Looking forward to the All-Filipino Cup on October 2009.

Kevin White???sa kanila ba yun??

si Celino Cruz nasa kanila na din

Kevin White???sa kanila ba yun??

si Celino Cruz nasa kanila na din

Yes rookie lang si Kevin White acquired through the draft. Yup Celino Cruz sa Kings na din. Btw, here is the official roster of your Brgy. Gin Kings

Roster for 2009-2010 ALL-FILIPINO CUP

Coach: Joseph Uichico

Asst. Coaches: Mr. Art de la Cruz, Mr. Allan Caidic, Mr. Juno Sauler

PLAYERS: Celino Cruz, Billy Mamaril, Cyrus Baguio, Kevin White, Junjun Cabatu, JC Intal, Junthy Valenzuela, JJ Helterbrand, Douglas Kramer, Paolo Bugia, Enrico Villanueva, Willie Wilson, Eric Menk,Rich Alvarez, Mark Caguioa, Ronald Tubid, Sunday Salvacion

Hope this upcoming season would be a banner year. :thumbsupsmiley:

dalawa na lang ung point guards ng BGK, not unless Kevin White is playing that position.. another update mga guys..

Top gun Caguioa returns to Ginebra

By Francis Thimsel J. Ochoa (Philippine Daily Inquirer)

Mark "The Spark" Caguioa

CASUALLY SEATED on a plastic chair at the sidelines of the Greenmeadows gym, Barangay Ginebra coach Jong Uichico took a long, hard look at the player that one of the Kings’ trainers was rubbing down and stretching.

“He’s not a hundred percent yet,” the soft-spoken mentor said, “but he’s improved a lot since he first practiced and it’s comforting knowing that we can play him once the season starts.”

The player, of course, is Mark Caguioa, the unquestioned top gun of Barangay Ginebra who missed an entire season because of a patellar tear and watched the Kings plod their way to one quarterfinals and one finals appearance.

The 6-foot-1 firebrand agrees with his coach’s assessment, but, Caguioa said, he needs a little time.

“As the season goes [on], I can get back to being ‘The Spark,’” said Caguioa, referring to the moniker attached to him for most of the seven seasons he spent in the PBA—all with Ginebra.

“[but] in the beginning, I don’t think I can play the way I’d like to play.”

Caguioa missed the entire 2008-09 season because of the knee injuries, a year after averaging 19.8 points (third in the league), 4.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 32.1 minutes per game on the way to being named to the mythical first team.

Without his best offensive option, Uichico somehow managed to steer the Kings to a quarterfinal stint in the Philippine Cup and a championship appearance in the Fiesta Conference, where they forced a powerhouse San Miguel squad into a seventh game before yielding.

And with Caguioa—who has worked out with the team for the past month-and-a-half—back in the fold, expectations are naturally high.

“It’s always good to have Mark fit and ready to play but as far as our chances go this season, it really depends on the really strong teams like Talk ‘N Text, San Miguel, Alaska and Purefoods,” said Uichico.

“Those are the teams that can really contend for the two championship slots and we will just go out and try to steal one of those slots,” he added.

Caguioa also doesn’t expect the Kings to be on top of the list of favorites just because he’s finally suiting up. But he knows that his presence will make a difference.

“I never put pressure on myself; never put pressure on my team,” he said. “I’m not that kind of person. I’m just a laid-back chill kind of guy. It’s not saying that I don’t care. It’s just how I play the game. The more you put pressure on yourself, the more you get nervous.”

“But I know that if I’m a hundred percent, we have a chance to win the championship.”

Currently, Caguioa is working to get into peak condition.

“He’s around 80 to 90 percent ready,” said assistant coach Art dela Cruz. “His timing is there and he just has to get his legs back.”

As the players huddled around Uichico to wrap up practice, there was a palpable sense of optimism that emanated from the mass of red jerseys. And although there were a host of new faces in that huddle, there was no denying where all that hopefulness burst from.

Uichico, sitting casually on a plastic stool at courtside while the lights were being killed, was staring right at him.