Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

MANILA, Philippines - Barangay Ginebra's Jayjay Helterbrand was chosen anew as the

Smart/Accel- PBA Press Corps' Player of the Week for the period June 9 to 15.

Helterbrand earned his second straight citation from the media association after making his presence felt last week for the Gin Kings, making him the only player since Talk 'N Text's Mark Cardona to be consecutively named for the weekly honors.

Gin Kings mentor Jong Uichico said that Helterbrand is becoming a well-rounded player, thus helping his team win pivotal games.

"We all know Jayjay is a very good offensive player, but he's also been playing defense very well now. So he's getting to a different level, when he added assists and defensive aspects to his game," Uichico said.

Uichico's observation is not without basis.

In Wednesday's 89-81 win against Purefoods, Helterbrand tossed 17 points, including seven in the last 3:02 of play, helping the Gin Kings post an 11-2 run that stopped the Giants.

On Sunday, Helterbrand scored the key shots that lifted the Gin Kings against Coca Cola, 91-84.

Helterbrand connected with a triple, giving Ginebra an 89-80 advantage and when the Tigers tried to rally and moved within 84-89, the Gin Kings guard scored on a layup from his own steal in the last 14 ticks.

Helterbrand eventually finished with 27 markers, four rebounds and three assists in that game.

Those victories helped the Gin Kings to win six of their last seven matches are now waving a 7-8 slate that tied them with the Purefoods Giants and TNT Phone Pals for the sixth to eight spots.

I guess that they are starting to finally adjust to their new acquisitions and even coach jong had rotated his players quite well the past few games. Alexander might not be scoring heavily pero he is doing a good job in rebounding (leader nga sa liga eh) and in shot blocks so lalong hindi takot tumira sa labas ang mga team mates nya knowing na he is there to take care of the rebounding chores. Menk did manage to provide some quality minutes for them in their game against coke, sana lang matapos na 'yung pag-iisip nya ng trade para din maka-move forward na ang team. Artadi is also doing a good back-up for them, iba ang energy ng team pag nasa loob sya, sana lang ma-develope pa nya ang outside shooting nya, para ala-Bal David na siya hehe...

In response to the comment of another member/user saying na alaska lang ang mabigat sa mga next na kalaban ng Gin, mabigat din ang tnt bro, hirap sila kay macmac cardona saka parang pag Ginebra ang kalaban bwenas si cardona, one thing going for them is, 'yung import ngayon ng tnt is not as good as their former import mcghee..

Artadi is also doing a good back-up for them, iba ang energy ng team pag nasa loob sya, sana lang ma-develope pa nya ang outside shooting nya, para ala-Bal David na siya hehe...

The Flash - Artadi

The Fast and the Furious - Jayjay / Caguioa

The Fearless - Tubid

The Fighter - Junthy

TEAM F weeeeeee

Todo na to.. GO BGK!

In response to the comment of another member/user saying na alaska lang ang mabigat sa mga next na kalaban ng Gin, mabigat din ang tnt bro, hirap sila kay macmac cardona saka parang pag Ginebra ang kalaban bwenas si cardona, one thing going for them is, 'yung import ngayon ng tnt is not as good as their former import mcghee..

Di pa rin siguro nawala sa isip ni Cardona yung na thrown out of the game siya nung laban nila ng Semi-Finals.

Di pa rin siguro nawala sa isip ni Cardona yung na thrown out of the game siya nung laban nila ng Semi-Finals.

Matinding motivating factor siguro 'yun para sa kanya hehe. I like the way he play (maangas nga lang ang dating nya), nasa lists pa sya ng mga players na gusto kong maisama sa RP Team line-up (along with Yeo) kasi nga matapang pumasok sa shaded area kahit hindi naman kalakihan ang katawan o ganoon kataas..

Meron ba kayong natandaang lugar kung saan hindi crowd favorite ang brgy ginebra? Tanong lang po..

one time nasa Cebu ako at a sports bar. A game between Ginebra and then San Miguel (now Magnolia). I was clapping my hands and wooing nung leading ang Ginebra. Later on, lumamang na ang San Miguel, nagtayuan at nagsigawan ang ibang mga tao. Ako lang nakaupo. :cry: :blink: :wacko:

pwede rin yun kay Junthy, The Fugly... hehe.. joke lang...

He is also fearless in going inside the shaded area kaso si Tubid na ang The Fearless eh, but like i said before i like the way he plays maski noong nasa rb pa sya so i never took a swipe to the guy...

one time nasa Cebu ako at a sports bar. A game between Ginebra and then San Miguel (now Magnolia). I was clapping my hands and wooing nung leading ang Ginebra. Later on, lumamang na ang San Miguel, nagtayuan at nagsigawan ang ibang mga tao. Ako lang nakaupo. :cry: :blink: :wacko:

Mas gusto pa pala nila ang papogi team doon, eh di crown fave din 'yung isa pang papogi at ma-drama na team hehe..

7-8 na po ang GINEBRA!

oo nga! quite surprising... perhaps that Junthy trade did work!

alaska lang mabigat dyan sa tatlo

bound to lose na sila... but then again... so is BGK... hehe

i just think tnt is not as solid as before (during taulava days)

true! they have a lot of internal issues to settle...

i think dondon is from Cebu.. :rolleyes: