Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

naku parang mahina.... kung ganito lang, baka dapat si oj na lang ulit hehehehe

mukhang mahina nga ito eh kung titignan mo lang yung mga moves at highlights nya sa NBA games, predictable ang mga galaw nya at may edad na... sana si OJ na lang, same height lang naman sila, pero si OJ is Athletic, may tira pa sa tres at bata pa 26y/o lang. :huh:

nagtitipid ba ang Ginebra at kelangan pa ni Jeffers maglaro ng dalawang conference? Aging na ba si CTC? sino na ang magbabantay sa mga higanteng import ng ibang teams??? lalo na yung may unlimited height? :rolleyes:

Ang babagal at malalamya ang mga Bigs natin lalo na si Greg, kay Fajardo lang hindi na siya makasabay... sino magbabantay sa mga 6'9 na imports??? :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOYWyrA7fY

Edited by the riddick

naku parang mahina.... kung ganito lang, baka dapat si oj na lang ulit hehehehe

Oj parin naman eh hahaha. Othyus jeffers hahaha. Orlando johnson okay sana kaya lang pag may sumilip na nba scout jan malamang eh hindi na naman mag all out yan. Sa talent walang question...sa character meron.

Well, knowing Tim Cone's past import choices... Mapapalitan yan pag nagkaron ng complications or pag nagsunod sunod ang mga talo. Ilang beses na ba nyang ginawa yan sa kabila.

hindi ko pa nabalitaan na nagpalit ng import si CTC dahil hindi magaling ang nakuha nya, ang alam ko lagi panalo ang nakukuha nyang imports like si Blakely, Hayes and Bowles... baka sa Ginebra lang siya magkamali at maaga na naman magbakasyon ang Barangay... sana ako ang mali.

I remember an import by Alaska that was replaced in the mid-season of Commissioner's Cup sometime in the 90s. That was the very talented/athletic Derek Hamilton.

Pinalitan hindi dahil ineffective, but he failed drug tests.

Bangis nun si Hamilton... Dalawa silang failed sa Drug tests nun... Yung isa was yung Thompson from Purefoods...

I doubt kung kayang bantayan ng twin towers yung malalaking import. They are too soft. Kelangan nila yung versatile. Yung pwede maglaro inside and outside. I think denzel bowles is a good choice.

Me point ka, kaso ang rights kina Blakely at Bowles ay nasa star pa din yata at 'di nila basta-basta i-waive o iibigay ang rights na 'yun

Malkaas yan pinakawalan lang ng tnt dahil sa nba contract nya .. pero all around 3 guy un naman butas sa ginebra 3 kasi walang wingman na shooter..

Othyus Jeffers was once an NBA D-League MVP, so that might count for something.

Sana legit scorer import, madali na mga rebounds madami naman bigs ginebra

Sana nga he's the right import for them

7393_957567997661482_4091707537717780499

NBA D-League Showcase Diary: Day 1 — Catching up with Tim Cone.

Tim Cone on his plan to field Othyus Jeffers as ‪Ginebra‬ import: “It’s not the best import,” “it’s the import that fits you best.”

So the next time that Cone and I crossed paths, Wednesday in Santa Cruz, California, at the NBA D-League Showcase, I had to know: Now that he’d completed his first conference as head coach of the Barangay, what part of the job had taken him by surprise? “I always knew there was more pressure coaching Ginebra than other teams,” Cone said.

“But I didn’t really experience it. You’re constantly under the spotlight. Social media is just crazy. You really feel like you’re letting a lot of people down if you don’t succeed.

“Also, I didn’t anticipate how hard teams play against Ginebra,” he added. “We never saw a B-game of anybody. We’d watch [opponents] on video, and then they’d play us and they’d be ten times better.”

Before taking over at Ginebra, Cone had coached 26 years in the PBA, he’d led his teams into dozens of do-or-die Game 7 situations, and he’d won more championships than any other coach in the history of the league. Yet to hear him tell it, even the most impressive coaching resume in the history of Philippine basketball couldn’t prepare him to know how it feels to stand in the Big J’s shadow.

Cone had flown in from Manila to scout imports at this year’s Showcase. Even though he had no immediate need for a reinforcement at Ginebra — Cone has already declared his plan to field former Talk ‘N Text stud Othyus Jeffers back-to-back in this PBA season’s Commissioner’s and Governor’s Cups — “Yeah, it’s a gamble,” Cone told me about his plan to field Jeffers, who stands less than 6’5”, in the upcoming Commissioner’s Cup, when the height limit for imports will be 6’9”. It seems especially risky because it’s Cone’s first import conference with Ginebra, and a slow start would likely lead to calls to bring in an import who matches up more evenly with other teams’ reinforcements. “But, if I may say without sounding like a know-it-all, I think the whole thing has been really well thought out,” Cone said. “We did our homework and we decided what’s gonna be best for our team.”

The driving factor behind Cone’s decision to go small with his import in the next conference was to preserve minutes for Slaughter and Aguilar, similar to San Miguel’s decision to play AZ Reid alongside Fajardo last season. “If you have a big import who has to play inside, then you’re gonna be playing him 40-44 minutes per game,” Cone explained. “That means you’re gonna be splitting the time between Japeth and Greg. I’m not going to take the strength of my team and put it on the bench.”

Besides, Cone pointed to Jeffers’s previous achievements — he was the NBA D-League’s 2013-14 MVP — and suggested that even if he stands a few inches shorter than other teams’ imports, Jeffers might not be giving up much to them. “Othyus is a special kind of 6’5” player,” Cone told me. “He played power forward in the D-League. He defended 6’9”, 6’10” guys all the time. Plus, no local is gonna be able to guard him, and no import at 6’9” is gonna be able to guard him either.

“It’s not the best import,” Cone continued, “it’s the import that fits you best.” Wednesday, in Santa Cruz, the still-new Ginebra coach sounded pretty darn sure that he had found that player in Othyus Jeffers, but then again here he was at the D-League Showcase, scouting more imports, noting plays and actions he liked and disliked, and 27 years into his coaching career still carrying himself like a student of the game.

Edited by Hari ng Spakol
  • Like (+1) 1

7393_957567997661482_4091707537717780499

NBA D-League Showcase Diary: Day 1 — Catching up with Tim Cone.

Tim Cone on his plan to field Othyus Jeffers as ‪Ginebra‬ import: “It’s not the best import,” “it’s the import that fits you best.”

So the next time that Cone and I crossed paths, Wednesday in Santa Cruz, California, at the NBA D-League Showcase, I had to know: Now that he’d completed his first conference as head coach of the Barangay, what part of the job had taken him by surprise? “I always knew there was more pressure coaching Ginebra than other teams,” Cone said.

“But I didn’t really experience it. You’re constantly under the spotlight. Social media is just crazy. You really feel like you’re letting a lot of people down if you don’t succeed.

“Also, I didn’t anticipate how hard teams play against Ginebra,” he added. “We never saw a B-game of anybody. We’d watch [opponents] on video, and then they’d play us and they’d be ten times better.”

Before taking over at Ginebra, Cone had coached 26 years in the PBA, he’d led his teams into dozens of do-or-die Game 7 situations, and he’d won more championships than any other coach in the history of the league. Yet to hear him tell it, even the most impressive coaching resume in the history of Philippine basketball couldn’t prepare him to know how it feels to stand in the Big J’s shadow.

Cone had flown in from Manila to scout imports at this year’s Showcase. Even though he had no immediate need for a reinforcement at Ginebra — Cone has already declared his plan to field former Talk ‘N Text stud Othyus Jeffers back-to-back in this PBA season’s Commissioner’s and Governor’s Cups — “Yeah, it’s a gamble,” Cone told me about his plan to field Jeffers, who stands less than 6’5”, in the upcoming Commissioner’s Cup, when the height limit for imports will be 6’9”. It seems especially risky because it’s Cone’s first import conference with Ginebra, and a slow start would likely lead to calls to bring in an import who matches up more evenly with other teams’ reinforcements. “But, if I may say without sounding like a know-it-all, I think the whole thing has been really well thought out,” Cone said. “We did our homework and we decided what’s gonna be best for our team.”

The driving factor behind Cone’s decision to go small with his import in the next conference was to preserve minutes for Slaughter and Aguilar, similar to San Miguel’s decision to play AZ Reid alongside Fajardo last season. “If you have a big import who has to play inside, then you’re gonna be playing him 40-44 minutes per game,” Cone explained. “That means you’re gonna be splitting the time between Japeth and Greg. I’m not going to take the strength of my team and put it on the bench.”

Besides, Cone pointed to Jeffers’s previous achievements — he was the NBA D-League’s 2013-14 MVP — and suggested that even if he stands a few inches shorter than other teams’ imports, Jeffers might not be giving up much to them. “Othyus is a special kind of 6’5” player,” Cone told me. “He played power forward in the D-League. He defended 6’9”, 6’10” guys all the time. Plus, no local is gonna be able to guard him, and no import at 6’9” is gonna be able to guard him either.

“It’s not the best import,” Cone continued, “it’s the import that fits you best.” Wednesday, in Santa Cruz, the still-new Ginebra coach sounded pretty darn sure that he had found that player in Othyus Jeffers, but then again here he was at the D-League Showcase, scouting more imports, noting plays and actions he liked and disliked, and 27 years into his coaching career still carrying himself like a student of the game.

Pansin ko rin talaga ito.. yung other teams pag ginebra ang kalaban talagang halos lahat ngpapakitang gilas.. even yung mga elimated teams eh..parang beast mode pag ginebra kalaban.. Good luck sa next confe....