• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Going to work and returning home on a bike really burns out a lot of calories.  Especially, if added difficulty is your a bike packer and your road is full of series of elevations.

Edited by vrij
correct grammar

While doing bikexploring recently, I reflected that biking has many facets and here I share with you below. These are just my own thoughts and opinions.

Bikers can be categorized as bikers by need and bikers by choice. Bikers by need are those forced to use biking as mode of transportation everyday because this saves them money and it is the most accessible transportation in their area. Bikers by choice are those who choose to do them out of respect for the environment, for maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle, and simply they choose it. They also use biking either on a daily basis or on need.

Bikers by choice can be further classified into bike trekkers, bikepackers and bikexplorers.

Bike trekkers are either soloist or with a pack. They go challenge the bike route like the Antipolo uphill run. Or, they go on long distance trips and back which is done all in one day like from Manila going around Laguna and back. They are also those who like to challenge known difficult trails which can be paved or not.

Bikepackers are those who pack their bikes with bags on it. There are those who use it on a daily basis to go to the office. I know of one of the bike promoters who is a lawyer who uses his bike packed with his stuff going to the office almost everyday. These bikers by choice use them on a daily basis to go to their place of work. But bikepackers are also the long distance bikers that they are on the road for days covering lots of distance.

Bikexplorers are those who enjoy following a path and see where it ends. They are the one who likes to make trips to places they heard but they have not reached. They can scour the mountains, cities and towns to satisfy their curiosity.

The three categories of biking by choice are often times mixed together depending on the purpose of their trip.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, parker08pal said:

Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment. 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️🚴

It is not cheap hahaha depends 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, K0RN - RETIR3D said:

Can anyone share their Bike (Specs)? 

My MTB 

frame : mountainpeak ninja 2

Fork : Epixon Stealth air

cockpit: Controltech

GS: Deore 10speed

wheelset: Weinman 40mm rims, Speedone Torpedo Hubs, bontrager tires

My RB 

frameset: Bianchi Intrepida

GS : Shimano 105 R7000 rimbrakes

wheelset : DTSWISS r460 (from specialize allez) 

• 3 months later...