Classic Films

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Seminal Spy Spoof movie starring James Coburn which heavily influenced Mike Myer's Austin Powers

post-101504-1205686911.jpg

yeah, i love this film too. it's a great spoof of superhuman-detective films dominating the late sixties. you're lucky to have this, must have come amazon.com?

btw, how do you classify 'classic films' in this forum? are they films from 1970 and earlier? i have watched ALL oscar best pictures and i'm quite a collector myself. though i must admit i slumbered off 50% while watching cavalcade and 7 others.

when i had the luck to have 2 daughters (13 and 14 years ago), i made sure they'll appreciate watching 'classic' films too. so from serious subjects they somehow steered my passion to light subjects. now 60% of our collection now fall into comedy, animation and suspense categories.

what could be better introduction of classics to kids but the disney 'classics' like cinderella, snowhite, mary poppins, (but you should be beside them while watching the dramas of bambi and pinocchio ... )

then increase their appreciation with light comedies like labyrinth, goonies, etc. then introduce abbott and costello 'classics' like africa screams, abbott and costello meet frankenstein, etc.

when they were 10 and 11, i was surprised when they voluntarily picked some like it hot, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, murder by death ... it happened one night became their fave valentine flick, and it's a wonderful life for christmas.

shaping them to grow up to become ideal disney girls is fruitless, i understand they've their own lives to live. and being in their early teens now, i noticed they did not even squirm watching matthew broderick kissing another guy in torchsong trilogy. trabaho lang

Edited by remoteworld