How Can I Quit Smoking?

• 2 weeks later...

there is no easy way to quit, it needs to be gradual so the body's dependency of nicotine won't get shocked by the sudden removal of nicotine

you could follow this simple method:

3 sticks a day for 1 week, then 2 sticks a day for 1 week, then 1 stick a day for 1 week, then lastly 3-1 stick per week, eventually within 2 months your body would stop depending on nicotine and you can quit without any side effects

also try eating fresh fruits daily, an apple, banana or orange a day.

also try getting more fibre in your diet to help the cleanse

it is actually very easy.....in fact i did it several times already! laugh.gif. seriously, i don't smoke but my friend who use to be a smoker, quit cold turkey.....he endured the cravings and... will power lang talaga!....ngayon 10 years na siyang hindi nagsmoke...maybe it will help if you know somebody close to you who died of heart attack...many times they are smokers!

• 2 weeks later...

i recently quit smoking kasi inatake na naman ako ng asthma :) cold turkey lang... dati after ako atakihin ng hika ko balik yosi na naman, ngayon pinigilan ko talaga yun sarili ko na wag na magyosi.. dati kapag may inuman halos half pack nauubos ko, sa trabaho ganun din more than half a pack ako.. ngayon secondhand smoke na lang... :D

Hope you don't mind if I share to you some of my pointers:

1) RATIONALIZE: You will have to quit anyway, and why not now.

This means you will eventually be forced to quit since you willbe too sick to smoke.

2) PRAY, realize you cannot do it alone. (Pray to St. Maximillian KOLBE)

3) FEWadditional POINTERS:

a. You muststop Cold Turkey. This is the only way (tried nicotine and e-cigarrete,did not work for me).

b.Rationalized: It's not difficult at all. It will only take a few months foryour to get rid of smoking. Take it 1 day at a time.

c. Set a quitdate, choose an important date for you and your family.

d. Prepareyourself and your environment (this means preparing your family, friends,stocking and taking alternative remedies candies, avoid stress, etc..)

e. If you feelthe urge, do a "deep breathing" exercise or take a stroll or walk.What has been effective for me is to Pray the novena to st. Maximillian Kolbeevery time I feel the urge.

f. Once you stop never try again,not even a single stick or even a Puff

g. Lastly, please pass the prayerif it works for you

Hope you don't mind if I share to you some of my pointers:

1) RATIONALIZE: You will have to quit anyway, and why not now.This means you will eventually be forced to quit since you willbe too sick to smoke.

2) PRAY, realize you cannot do it alone.

3) FEWadditional POINTERS:

a. You muststop Cold Turkey. This is the only way (tried nicotine and e-cigarrete,did not work for me).

b.Rationalized: It's not difficult at all. It will only take a few months foryour to get rid of smoking. Take it 1 day at a time.

c. Set a quitdate, choose an important date for you and your family.

d. Prepareyourself and your environment (this means preparing your family, friends,stocking and taking alternative remedies candies, avoid stress, etc..)

e. If you feelthe urge, do a "deep breathing" exercise or take a stroll or walk.What has been effective for me is to Pray the novena to st. Maximillian Kolbeevery time I feel the urge.

f. Once you stop never try again,not even a single stick or even a Puff

g. Lastly, please pass the prayerif it works for you

Have you tried the electrnic one?

MOST EFFECTIVE IS COLD TURKEY. DIFFICULT ONLY FOR A WEEK, IMAGINE DIFFICULTY FOR WEEK VS LIFETIME OF REGRETS. WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE?

ELECTRONIC ONE NOT EFFECTIVE AS ITS JUST MIMIC SMOKING (LIKE CONDOM WITH SEX)., YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GO BACK TO THE REAL ONE. EVEN DANGEROUS AS THERE ARE NEWS IT EXPLODES AND TOXIC FROM SYNTHETIC MATERIAL IS NOT YET EVALUATION.

COLD TURKEY, JUST STOP.

Have you tried the electrnic one?

MOST EFFECTIVE IS COLD TURKEY. DIFFICULT ONLY FOR A WEEK, IMAGINE DIFFICULTY FOR WEEK VS LIFETIME OF REGRETS. WHAT DO YOU CHOOSE?

ELECTRONIC ONE NOT EFFECTIVE AS ITS JUST MIMIC SMOKING (LIKE CONDOM WITH SEX)., YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GO BACK TO THE REAL ONE. EVEN DANGEROUS AS THERE ARE NEWS IT EXPLODES AND TOXIC FROM SYNTHETIC MATERIAL IS NOT YET EVALUATION.

COLD TURKEY, JUST STOP.

I quit smoking because of the electronic cigarette.

Don't get those cheap ones because they really have a tendency to explode. 1000 below..

Invest in one.. The one that costs 2500 and up.. I disagree that these liquids are not safe..we only use FDA approved ingredients so it is safe.

The real test here is vape for a week, then on the 8th day try smoking a cigarette. If you dont like the taste by then,you know you are succesful.