• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Computers: Frequently Asked Questions

What is DNS error and how do I avoid it?

a DNS error is something in which the DNS (or domain name service) does not recognize the site.. normally kasi a site is identified by IP addresses and it needs a DNS to convert the IP to a site name.... example : manilatonight.com is detected in the web as 136.243.107.228..... kung walang dns, you need to connect to MTC by typing this IP address dun sa address toolbar mo.... so mahirap tandaan. with DNS, may name sya as manilatonight.com, instead of you remembering the IP address.

minsan sumasablay ang DNS depende sa configuration ng ISP.... in order to do that, you may manually change your DNS so you will not use the DNS address given or used by your ISP.

you may either do this in two ways:

a. one is via manually configuring your computer's configuration via network settings

b. one is via configuring this directly sa router mo na nagbibigay ng IP address and other network settings mo.

there are several DNS configurations that you may use. One is Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and the other is OpenDNS (208.67.222.222).

• Like (+1) 1

Hi guys. I can't seem to fix the bluetooth function of my laptop since i upgraded to win10. Tried reinstalling the drivers but still have the problem. Any recommendations?

Its possible that the drivers is not WIndows 10 ready.

Usually, laptop manufacturers updates their hardware drivers specific to the OS version.

Download ka latest version to ensure na magwork yan.

a DNS error is something in which the DNS (or domain name service) does not recognize the site.. normally kasi a site is identified by IP addresses and it needs a DNS to convert the IP to a site name.... example : manilatonight.com is detected in the web as 136.243.107.228..... kung walang dns, you need to connect to MTC by typing this IP address dun sa address toolbar mo.... so mahirap tandaan. with DNS, may name sya as manilatonight.com, instead of you remembering the IP address.

minsan sumasablay ang DNS depende sa configuration ng ISP.... in order to do that, you may manually change your DNS so you will not use the DNS address given or used by your ISP.

you may either do this in two ways:

a. one is via manually configuring your computer's configuration via network settings

b. one is via configuring this directly sa router mo na nagbibigay ng IP address and other network settings mo.

there are several DNS configurations that you may use. One is Google DNS (8.8.8.8) and the other is OpenDNS (208.67.222.222).

i'm currently having this problem. I cannot access our web crawler unless I use a proxy.

I pinged and tried using the IP add of the site pero di ko pa rin sya ma-access. What could be the problem here?

Not really familiar with DNS configurations. What else could I do here since mukhang hindi naman sya DNS error?

i'm currently having this problem. I cannot access our web crawler unless I use a proxy.

I pinged and tried using the IP add of the site pero di ko pa rin sya ma-access. What could be the problem here?

Not really familiar with DNS configurations. What else could I do here since mukhang hindi naman sya DNS error?

since you cannot reach it without using a proxy, it is blocked by your URL filtering device inside the network.

no clear solution to it except to have it unblocked by your network/systems administrator.

or continue using a proxy.

(curious lang ako.....yung systems/network admin nyo is blocking URLs, but is not blocking proxies.....hehehehehe).

^follow this guide and see if it will work: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles-tutorials/trouble/10-Ways-Troubleshoot-DNS-Resolution-Issues.html

in normal cases, dapat naka-obtain dns automatically ka pero kung sa work computer mo naeexperience to i suggest contact mo na IT nyo,,,

Tried #9 and it worked for a while. now its back to being blocked along with another website that I used for work.

Grrr.. I don't know what to do anymore.

since you cannot reach it without using a proxy, it is blocked by your URL filtering device inside the network.

no clear solution to it except to have it unblocked by your network/systems administrator.

or continue using a proxy.

(curious lang ako.....yung systems/network admin nyo is blocking URLs, but is not blocking proxies.....hehehehehe).

I work from home, so that means, my internet provider right? not my own settings? Because I didn't change anything naman.

Already called/emailed them and they said they are going to look at it.

Will just wait for their reply (reported the same last week, I was able to access, then, ngayon wala uli.)

We have our own proxy (the company that I'm working for) pero di rin sya nagwowork kapag yung proxy namin but when I use web proxy nagwowork sya.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Tried #9 and it worked for a while. now its back to being blocked along with another website that I used for work.

Grrr.. I don't know what to do anymore.

I work from home, so that means, my internet provider right? not my own settings? Because I didn't change anything naman.

Already called/emailed them and they said they are going to look at it.

Will just wait for their reply (reported the same last week, I was able to access, then, ngayon wala uli.)

We have our own proxy (the company that I'm working for) pero di rin sya nagwowork kapag yung proxy namin but when I use web proxy nagwowork sya.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

ah ok.... from home pala.... i am assuming that it is your provider.

if you are willing to, kindly PM me the IP and other information that you are accessing. I'll take a look here.

just some simple validation so i can recommend you what to do next... i promise i wont access anything...

Edited by Google
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup. They'll have a onsite visit tomorrow. tried changing the DNS config as what your link and Google suggested but still cannot access the sites.

Thanks for the help, guys! Will give a feedback once its fixed. :)

After more than 2 weeks, Globe has finally sent someone for an onsite visit.

The technician changed some settings and replaced my router.

I can now access both sites.

Case closed. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Good Eve mga Sirs,

Just wanted to ask sir kung anu maganda recommendation for PC kung for Viewing purposes lng naman?

Naka android lolipop yung Smart TV ko, but at times d sya ganoon ka bilis ang response, kya naisip ko po bumuo ulit ng rig, and dedicate it to my smart TV, but i'm just considering for viewing lng sya and a little bit of games (Dota 2) and to check my office e-mails.

I was thinking if I should go Intel Rather than AMD since I'm not using it for games that much...

Budget would be 10k -12k only (reason is I already have a PSU Cougar 650 watts & casing too)...

I'm looking at a I3 Halwell processor but that might be a bit pricey thou...

Hope to hear some insights and recommendation from you sir, TIA Cheers! ^_^