China Made Cell Phone

The biggest problem I've had with China phones/clones and tablets is that they don't regulate the charging very well and my batteries swell. My "S3" clone's batter swelled so much I couldn't keep the back on the phone. That's not a very safe thing to have next to your head if it's getting hot.

They're also VERY good at manipulating the software to make it appear like it has more storage than it really does. It will say you have 4gig (~3.8 actually), but your phone will start saying it's full at 2 gig.

• 2 months later...

di naman natin pwede i-lump lahat na china-made phones as being of bad quality. Brands like Huawei and Xiaomi have similar specs vs. Samsung, etc. in terms of processor, camera, at lower prices.

Of course, if the china phone is very cheap (for example, P3K or P2K lang), syempre do not expect too much. You get what you pay for.

Huawei's a Chinese brand, coz it was founded 8n Chin. So wala na tayong magagawa dyan coz it really is a Chinese brand.

With all the local brands coming out, sa totoo lang, for a business, nakakasira ng prices. Kaya aftersales talaga ang labanan. Yung isang brand na hindi sasakit ang ulo mo sa service.

• 4 weeks later...

if i were to choose now its gonna be oneplus one, or meizu mx5

most cpus are either qualconm snapdrahon or mediatek,,,intel for asus

rise of china phones hopefully bring down pricr of samsung dony iphone

Samsung, Sony and iphones have short product cycles and this is what is causing price to plummet rather than serious competition with clones or China originals. The better clones are manufactured in Vietnam - they actually look and feel the same as the original but lacks built in memory and high resolution cameras, etc, In other words, clones are downsized in features.

• 4 months later...

I think based sa reviews sa Youtube, medyo decent ang Xiaomi/Mi and Huawei. May quality control sila at medyo competitive sila sa price, specs, and quality(Although huwag mo naman sila ikumpara sa Apple, Samsung , Sony, etc.).

Pero yung mga phones tulad ng Cherry (Manufacturer nila Chinese pa rin kahit Filipino company) not so much. Palaging mahaba ang pila nila sa mga service centers nila. Huwag din yung mga shady copy-cat phones na makikita sa bangketa. Sobrang gamble yun na 90% lose ka.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing I noticed here is how some would react to phones manufactured in China. It's not about the part wherein it was manufactured there really, but the brand's way in managing the development and production of their devices. Do they have their own site for the production? Do they have another supplier for their devices? Not just mobile handsets were manufactured there but also desktop parts and even laptops.

Back in the days when laptops made their way into the IT market, most of them were even manufactured in China. The processor and chipset company of Intel even invested and worked with the companies there who manufactured notebooks/laptops for global brands in the market.

I think this is one thing that most consumers in the local market doesn't understand.

• Like (+1) 1