• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yan kasi ang hirap sa bansa natin, wala tayong separation of church and state sa totoo lang.

Di idea of separation of church and state is that...... Religion has its own set of principles, the state has its own set of rules. The state exists in the Physical realm and thus must make decisions based on what can be interpreted in its most literal sense (i.e. laws). Religion on the other hand doesn't. It exists in the metaphysical realm where it bases its decision on things that are not necessarily scientific nor literal.... (i.e. metaphors of the bible which can have many interpretations. Moreover, it has been proven that societies without clear separation of church and state are more tyrnanical. i.e. Spanish-era philippines, or some countries in the middle east. So what you do therefore is separate both sectors! You let the state do its own thing without interference from any religion, and you let religion have its place where people can choose to embrace it or not. As respect for the separation, religious sectors enjoy tax exemption.

So kung magdecide estado na magturo ng sex education sa paaralan, huwag ito dapat pakialaman ng sektor ng relihiyion. Kung gusto nila, eh di huwag iexpell na lang nila mga members nila na aattend ng sex education classes if they think labag ito sa mga prinsipyo ng relihiyon nila. I doubt if they would though kasi nawalan na sila ng miyembro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

this is important in a lot of perspective. except sa kalibugan. pero to think of it, its actually a deterrent since sinasabi na kung ano mga consequences ng dalawang tao na sa sobrang libog e nag sex at nabuntis. better na malaman nila beforehand. kasi hindi biro ang early pregnancy, wala pa nga pera, trabaho o degree man lang, buntis na. another one is spread ng disease. another is parenting. another is social impact (pag na sex video ka i'm sure yun confidence or yun mukha nun tao manliit cya) kasi most like lahat ng tao nakita na ang mukha mo sa internet. hehehe so i guess sex education is a definite. a must.

parents should be teaching, preaching, this, firsthand sa mga anak nila na nagdadalaga at nagbibinata.. problem is.. hindi naman lahat ng magulang eh open sa ganitong topic.. para itong restricted area.. sensitibo pagusapan.. if only we could educate more of this youngsters everything about sex.. then hindi siguro tayo magkakaroon ng mga unwanted pregnancy..etc. which is dumadami na talaga sa panahon ngayon.. thats all i can share..

• 2 weeks later...

church does not want sex education....

they want more children para meron business of baptism...first/second/third class baptism or private class....bukod sa bayad sa binyag at kumpil

meron pa rin sobre para sa abuloy ng mga magulang, ninong at ninang.....nakalagay ang envelope sa plato at binibigay sa mga tao sa harap bago lumabas yung pare.

yung sobre na yan ay para sa pare at hindi sa simbahan.

tapos pag tumanda yung bata at pumanaw na ay meron pa rin bayad ang huling basbas.....first/second/third or private class.

yung sobre ay para din sa pare....hindi para sa simbahan....

meron na ba kayo nakitang pare na mahirap???? aber?

kapi bahay ko ngayun ay bahay ng mga arsobispo....grabe sa laki at sa dami ng naka paradang kotse....at meron pa silang mga driver.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It seems like we are all in agreement that sex education is needed. But the question is how.

I think both parents and school work together, since I don't expect students to open up sensitive questions to teachers.

Definitely kids need to know:

1. Sex is normal

2. Sex leads to babies

3. Sexually Transmitted Infections are serious

4. Sex should ALWAYS come with consent

5. Sexual development is different for everyone

6. How to use contraception (regardless of how he Church feels)

7. Where to get contraceptives

8. Where to get tested for STIs

9. The resource, opportunity, and time cost of having a baby.

10. Basic child support laws (we all know about Filipino men and their attitude to having kids)

11. And whatever questions the kids want to ask their parents and teachers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems like we are all in agreement that sex education is needed. But the question is how.

I think both parents and school work together, since I don't expect students to open up sensitive questions to teachers.

Definitely kids need to know:

1. Sex is normal

2. Sex leads to babies

3. Sexually Transmitted Infections are serious

4. Sex should ALWAYS come with consent

5. Sexual development is different for everyone

6. How to use contraception (regardless of how he Church feels)

7. Where to get contraceptives

8. Where to get tested for STIs

9. The resource, opportunity, and time cost of having a baby.

10. Basic child support laws (we all know about Filipino men and their attitude to having kids)

11. And whatever questions the kids want to ask their parents and teachers.

I agree. It should be taught that wanting to have sex is normal at a certain age. Sex is pleasureable. But also, sex is a responsibility. May consequences.

Ngayon kasi ang Education ng sex ay sin, bad, masama. And being comfortable with sex is a bad thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree. It should be taught that wanting to have sex is normal at a certain age. Sex is pleasureable. But also, sex is a responsibility. May consequences.

Ngayon kasi ang Education ng sex ay sin, bad, masama. And being comfortable with sex is a bad thing.

It’s ironic/hypocritical too kasi casual Filipino culture is very comfortable and eager when it comes to talking about sex and sex related matters (see: the best jokes, usapang kanto, usapan sa office, usapan ng college kids, usapan ng high school, chismis ng mga matanda, our President). So, society and the government should at least see the value in sex education and the danger in not having any at all. (See: the number of single mothers you know of, heard of, and see out in public and on Facebook.)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I agree in making sex education mandatory BUT it should be handled by teachers who have mastery of the subject, at least in theory, who know their ethical boundaries, and who are effective communicators, given the sensitivity and nature of the information. If poorly handled it may just lead to young teens to become more curious and experiment.

My hope is that parents today take the responsibility of being the first source of their kids' info on sex, sexuality, and sexual satisfaction.

Edited by DeeZee
  • 1 year later...

Ngyong 2021!! & kung mag ka face to face dapat maging subject siya lalo na sa mga kabataan ngayun generation!! ibang iba ang mga isip ng bataa. Why? mga bata ngayun ang bilis makabisado ng mga sayaw sayaw!! Diba? kahit may guidance payan! Maraming nakapalibot jan na hindi magndang impluwensya! pabata ng pabaata ang mga nabubuntis now nakakalaungkot lng kse dinila naeenjoy ang teenage life..

• Like (+1) 2
9 hours ago, Nicole of TV spa said:

Ngyong 2021!! & kung mag ka face to face dapat maging subject siya lalo na sa mga kabataan ngayun generation!! ibang iba ang mga isip ng bataa. Why? mga bata ngayun ang bilis makabisado ng mga sayaw sayaw!! Diba? kahit may guidance payan! Maraming nakapalibot jan na hindi magndang impluwensya! pabata ng pabaata ang mga nabubuntis now nakakalaungkot lng kse dinila naeenjoy ang teenage life..

You got it right Nicole!!!

Just want to add that it has to be Modern Sex Education and not the Boring old ones. So that they will be engaged and not bored to learn.

• Like (+1) 2

There are more religion subjects than Sex Ed.

From Pre-school to College meron religion

Was it effective to control teen pregnancy. Minsan nga elementary palang mabubuntis na.

During elementary graduation in our town sabi ng principal in her speech "This year was a good one, why? Because only few got pregnant" 🤣

Marami pa naman curious pag bata or teenager.

Having sex education as part of curriculum is a must para malaman nila yung mga what if scenario, mga consequences ng actions nila. And teach them responsibility and accountability.

Medyo napag-aralan pa ito sa RHGP during HS days ko pero once a week lang minsan wala pa kasi puro holiday dito. Nilalagay pa naman nila yung holiday sa Monday o Friday para long weekend.