• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

yes, I'm the guy who loves to gloat about his career

I'm a former radio producer (7 years) and now, entrepreneur. I get invited to keynote lectures to train MMA and Radio Broadcasting students in practical skills in the field. 

Frequently Asked Questions!

1. What do I do as a radio producer?

As a radio producer, my role involved a variety of tasks to ensure smooth and engaging broadcasts. I was responsible for planning and coordinating show content, booking and preparing guests, and managing the technical aspects of production. This included editing audio, creating show scripts, and ensuring that the program ran on schedule. Additionally, I worked closely with hosts and other team members to develop creative concepts and maintain high-quality standards for our audience. My goal was always to deliver compelling content that resonates with listeners and keeps them engaged.

2. How did you get started, what course did you get in college?

I got started in radio during my time at La Salle University, where I majored in Communication. The program offered a comprehensive curriculum that covered various aspects of media and communication, including journalism, broadcasting, and digital media. I took advantage of the university's state-of-the-art radio station to gain hands-on experience. Participating in student-run shows and interning at local radio stations helped me develop the practical skills and industry connections that were crucial for launching my career as a radio producer.

3. Why did you quit after 7 years? Why become an entrepreneur?

After seven years in radio, I felt it was time for a new challenge. While I loved producing shows and engaging with audiences, I wanted to apply my skills in a different way and have more control over the creative process. Becoming an entrepreneur allowed me to explore new opportunities, innovate freely, and take on a leadership role. Additionally, the move to entrepreneurship proved financially rewarding, as it opened up avenues for greater income and financial growth. It was a natural progression for me, driven by a desire to grow and make a broader impact.

Edited by JosephKeys