oooppss. may ganito palang thread. hindi ko napansin. sorry. repost ko na lang yung pinost ko sa kabila.

I just want to ask.. If age really matter when applying for a job? I'm 19 years old.. and most of the advertisements in job search engines require 21+.

May tumawag din sa kin.. tapos hindi rineview ang resume ko. nung nalaman nyang 19 lang ako, tatawagan na lang daw nya ko ulit. O_O

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quick question. i was off the HR scene there since 2005 although im still involve now but with a new set of practices and laws. i know that call centers are flourishing before i left, just want to know if DOLE initiated new laws to protect our employees there given the mandate of the government to be more open just to increase investments in our country.

Here's a story you may be interested in. True story daw, from what I gathered when I received it.

I placed it here for a reason. Posted it likewise here.

Please respect the author's views, sentiments and IPR.

http://creativecommons.org/images/public/somerights20.pnghttp://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-nd/3.0/ph/88x31.png

This work by Eliphaz Termanite (a pseudonym) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.

I’ve moved on from my previous employer a few months ago, having decided to try and have a go at being an independent consultant. Sure, it’s a challenge, but it’s something that I’ve always looked forward to and see the time when I could work for myself.

A week ago, on a day that was particularly slow and uneventful, I was trying to keep myself busy. I answered a few emails, replied to some inquiries, and had a relatively quiet morning.

Now there wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary in doing that – unless you were me, at this particular stage in my life. I had been used to working – being an employee in the corporate world – with my own desk, PC and a fixed 8-hour workday, 5 days a week. For so many years I had been a typical office “slave.”

I was getting frustrated. Things weren’t moving as fast as I had wanted them to. In fact, I felt that things weren’t moving – or happening – for me – at all. I was questioning myself, asking a lot of questions. WHY? WHAT? WHERE? HOW? WHEN? WHY?

• Why aren’t things going right for me?
  • What do I have to do?
  • Where did I go wrong?
  • How long will I have to endure this?
  • When will things turn around for me?
  • Why me?

I decided to browse around at home for a book to while away my time. Nothing caught my fancy. However, I thought to myself, I just had to find one to keep me busy. I was starting to feel down and depressed – desperate even.

On the table at the den was the Bible. If there’s nothing else for me to do, I might as well do some contemplating. I would try to learn and understand how to overcome the trials that had come my way. Trials that still challenge me even until now.

I just stood there for a few minutes, staring at the book. The cover read, “Christian Community Bible – Catholic Pastoral Edition.”

Random thoughts flooded my mind.

• What do I really want at this point in my life?
  • Am I ready to forge ahead on my own?
  • Now what do I do when faced with a blank wall?

OK, let’s get straight to the point. I’d wanted to write this out in a well thought-out manner, with proper grammar and what-have-you. But this is becoming so dragging already.

As of tomorrow, I will have been unemployed for 70 days. Seventy calendar days. I’ve kept myself busy by sending my resumes to different companies. I’ve been interviewed by quite a number but I still don’t have work, a regular, desk-job type of work that I’ve been used to doing for so many years.

Oh, I do have savings – a bit – a little bit. But I can’t rely on those, what with electricity costs and other necessary expenses skyrocketing already. I’m looking forward to maybe 1-2 more months of being in the “safe zone” – being able to pay for those basic needs.

But what does October hold in store for me? Optimistically, I’d have found a job by then. Pessimistically, I’d either be running after a few people who still haven’t paid me their loans (contracted as early as 2006). Or worse, I’d have other people coming over to collect overdue payments. Who knows where I’ll get funds by then.

So I took the Bible. I stuck my finger into one of the middle pages there and opened it. Was it providence perhaps? Or just plain dumb luck. There it said, on the top part of the page.

JOB

I paused for a while. Were the fates sending a signal, or were they just tempting me?

So I decided to read through it. I scanned the pages and read a few chapters.

The book of Job is much more than a “story.” It deals in depth with the major questions of the human condition. The misfortunes of Job – after having been abundantly blessed all his life, he is reduced to utmost misery – are merely a pretext to have us reflect on this reality: human life on earth is not satisfying.

Job only needs to contemplate nature to believe in God and divine providence. However, his misfortunes bring him to reconsider the concept he had of a tacit agreement between the just man, himself and the just God. Job accuses God with all the force of his thwarted hope and, in the end, God will have to intervene.

So I’ve been thinking to myself, “This is only a test. There are better things out there for me.” Sure, but in reality, I’m still jobless and my money is bleeding from my pockets faster than someone who’s been stabbed with a balisong. I still try to keep a positive outlook on life, hoping that the next phone call I receive will be the good news I’ve been waiting for.

Just tonight though, after going through the day with the thought that I had done quite well with the daily chores at home, I had a bout of what I’d think of as not just depression. It was probably despair.

I got into an argument with a family member late this evening, stemming from what could probably be a minor oversight on my part. I won’t bother you with the boring details. Suffice to say that if you were in my shoes and looked back at the incident after a few days, you’d just shake your head.

The argument and the consequent dialogues could even pass for a radio drama spiel, or a segment in one of the evening telenovelas.

There I was, being bombarded with strong words, and me launching wave after wave of counter-attacks and tirades. I felt like p-o-o-p - worthless piece of p-o-o-p. I was being defensive at times, even to the point that I thought I’d snap. I probably received 7-10 blows to the arms and head, but I didn’t mind. What’s there to lose? You can’t put down someone who can’t go anywhere lower than where I am.

I’d had it. I was (am) jobless, with almost all my money gone, and receiving rants about my misfortunes. I hear a lot of reasons why I’m jobless. If they were all bullets, I’d have been riddled to death, with so many holes that I’d be worse than Swiss cheese.

I hear it again. I’m jobless – no, not just jobless, but WORTHLESS.

My self-esteem, if not totally gone, is probably down there somewhere in the 9 levels (or circles) of hell and won’t be coming back up anytime soon.

So what do I do? Itulog lang yan. Nothing a few winks won’t cure, or at least set aside long enough for me to find more worthwhile activities. Tomorrow will be another day. It will provide other opportunities I will have to explore.

But there’s something good to look forward to. But it hasn’t presented itself yet. And I’m not sure when I’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh, it’s there, but I still have to find a flashlight first and make my own light to guide me through the long dark night.

Wish me luck.

Written by: Eliphaz Termanite (a pseudonym)

This is a true story.

Edited by council

I can relate to that, I'm jobless since Feb 4 this year. Almost anim na buwan na rin pala, the difference is my savings is drained dry. Humihingi na ko sa Nanay ko ng pagbayad credit card bills ko.

I remember it very well when I was fresh out of school, apply kaagad ako ng trabaho. I was not idealistic of sorts but gusto ko lang kumita ng pera pang-gimik at pang bili ng pang porma.

• 3 weeks later...

me, after passing the board exam, super excited ako mag work. reason: just to work. un lang reason ko,gusto ko lang maexperience na mag work. then send resumes. then a big company, leader in high-end property development. then i was instantly hired on the day i was interviewed. then after just 3 days of working, actually not really working pa, kc mga introductions pa lang., i resigned. hehe.. daming nanghinayang dahil talagang hirap din makapasok sa company na un. i just felt na hindi pa ako ready mag work..hirap.until now, undecided pa rin if mag work ako para magamit ko pinag aralan ko or go to province to help in our family business? help me!....almost two months na akong jobless pero not seeking pa.. still undecided.. need advice guys..thanks

Question:

Since employee X did nt have a good working relationship with his last employer so everything was held ( salaries, certicate of employment etc..)

though he submitted his resignation letter and served the 30 days min period prior disengagement. He does not have a contract with the employer as well.

Can employee X still apply and be employed with other companies even you dont have a certificate of employment from your last employer?

Question:

Since employee X did nt have a good working relationship with his last employer so everything was held ( salaries, certicate of employment etc..)

though he submitted his resignation letter and served the 30 days min period prior disengagement. He does not have a contract with the employer as well.

Can employee X still apply and be employed with other companies even you dont have a certificate of employment from your last employer?

add ko lang , the company is a single prorietor private company.

Thank you sir, follow up question

Can employee X still be hired in other company if his case is AWOL ( leave his job because he cant stand anymore the situation and hostile working relation with his boss who is the owner as well)

All things being equal, there is a chance that the employee might not be able to work in another company, especially in the same industry. More so if the potential employer does a background check or asks for a certificate of employment. One question to the former employer can ruin any chance of being hired.

Edited by council
  • 2 weeks later...

aside from that, any more consequences if employee x did not get a certificate of employment from previous work? what about the nbi and sss forms? reapply again?

All things being equal, there is a chance that the employee might not be able to work in another company, especially in the same industry. More so if the potential employer does a background check or asks for a certificate of employment. One question to the former employer can ruin any chance of being hired.
Ang alam ko lang kasi ang incentive namin ay less 20% para sa tax pero paano ko compute ito:

Married ako with 2 kids and regular employee na

My salary is 30,000 gross

How much ang tax ko?

HOw much Philihealth, SSS and pagibig?

Hindi ko kasi makuha dapat net salary ko.

Thanks!

PhilHealth Premium Rates

The monthly health insurance premium of an employee is pegged at 2.5 percent of the salary base of the range within which their basic monthly salary belongs. Only half of the required monthly premium is shouldered by the employee which are automatically deducted and withheld from their salary, while the other half is paid for by the employer.

The employer's counterpart in the payment of contributions shall not in any manner be charged to the employee

Likewise SSS premium rates are being shared by the employee and employer with the employer sharing a much higher percentage than an employee . Di ko sure yung sharing sa SSS 60-40 ata not sure just check the site na lang po. Sa Pag-ibig naman maximum is 2% of your gross salary shared also by employee and employer po.

Yung sa tax depende kasi po din sa bracket within which your salary falls for the semi-monthly period . I hope nakatulong ako with my litlle knowledge lang po.

• 1 month later...

i dunno whjere to post my question....but anyway, if you're applying for a job abroad (or in a different region here in the country) and want to bring your family with you, where/when do you bring that up with the prospective employer??? sa application letter ba? can you suggest of ways to nicely word that intent? :)

tnx!