Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

Ayos talaga! Hehe! Let's see what happens tomorrow at Orlando. According to nba.com, the last home court victory of Orlando against Houston was waaaay back April 2002... When DH was a sophomore, Vince Carter was in Toronto, and Tmac was still wearing a Magic uniform. The downside is, no Yao Ming in tomorrow's match-up to harass DH. :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas

can't blame the coach because Houston is playing great basketball without TMac. i think goodbye for TMac and most likely will transfer to maybe lang ha lucky guess (Orlando or Toronto) ganun naman kase ung mga old all stars they go back from where they were known as a star kahit mababa na sahod nila. he could play SG in Orlando & Toronto.

now dats a good decission on t-mac trade him.... hmmm wer u think he will land??? magic teaming up his former teammate howard? boston wer they needed a sf without pp and daniels??? lakers they will be loaded w kobe and artest plus t-mac???? cavs will he fit in w james and shaq???? or d spurs myt need him more then wat i think off....

^^ The Rockets are adamant about not buying out T-Mac's contract. So the only option remaining is through trade. Here's how the Rockets can get rid of T-Mac, courtesy of Bill Simmons (aka The Sports Guy) ...

Fake Trade No. 2 (three-way): Tracy McGrady's EC (expiring contract) to the Knicks; Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry and Cuttino Mobley's EC to Houston; Danilo Gallinari to the Warriors. New York wipes Curry off the books. Houston takes a $10 million hit next year for a chance to hit superstar pay dirt with Randolph. Golden State gets something for Randolph before he inadvertently sabotages his trade value for good by crying during all five games of a road trip. And Gallinari realizes his destiny as a NellieBaller. Everyone wins.

the rest of his column can be found here - http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nba

Edited by dencio
...Houston takes a $10 million hit next year for a chance to hit superstar pay dirt with Randolph...

Zach Randolph? i've never really watched this guy play, but... isn't he another one of those ball-hogs? if this is correct, i hope this doesn't push through! :D

edited:

ooops! sorry, i thought you were referring to Zach... after reading some articles, i realized you were referring to Anthony Randolph. Still, just the same, i don't like him. hehe! :D

Edited by Pepeng Manas
^^ Marami nagsasabi na very high daw ang potential ni Randolph (Anthony, that is). The question is - hypothetically, do the Rockets gamble on this potential to get rid of T-Mac??

Getting Hitler for T-mac would be a plus. T-mac, IF he can still actually play, will never be the player he was before the injuries hit and may never be healthy again. On the other hand, Randolph may actually be a serviceable young player in the right environment. So why would the Rockets take a risk with someone who may be done rather than someone who can actually contribute?

^^ Marami nagsasabi na very high daw ang potential ni Randolph (Anthony, that is). The question is - hypothetically, do the Rockets gamble on this potential to get rid of T-Mac??

well... in morey we trust. :D gm daryl morey has already proven a couple of times that he knows how to spot hidden talent, or at least spot the talent that would fit. :)

besides, i've only seen randolph play once (vs the rockets)... and he IS good. it's just a "gut" feeling that he might not fit in. ;)

as you said, the question is - will the rockets gamble to get rid of tmac or just wait until tmac's contract expires. morey looks like he is not in a hurry to get rid of tmac. he really wants something out of the trade and is willing to wait it out if there's nothing there for his team. :)

Guest megalodon

The Rockets are fine. Adelman has a team mentality which is why his teams have been successful. Remember the Trail Blazers of the early 90s and the Kings of the early 00s? These teams may not have won the championship but these teams had winning records and qualified for the playoffs most of the time. The Blazers reached the Finals in 90 and 92 losing to the Pistons and Bulls. respectively. The Kings were a heartbeat away from qualifying for the Finals in 2002 but luck was on LAs side that year.

The Rockets are fine. Adelman has a team mentality which is why his teams have been successful. Remember the Trail Blazers of the early 90s and the Kings of the early 00s? These teams may not have won the championship but these teams had winning records and qualified for the playoffs most of the time. The Blazers reached the Finals in 90 and 92 losing to the Pistons and Bulls. respectively. The Kings were a heartbeat away from qualifying for the Finals in 2002 but luck was on LAs side that year.

.....last second shot by big shot rob. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Guest megalodon
.....last second shot by big shot rob. :thumbsdownsmiley:

And a flying elbow by Kobe on Bibby in Game 6 which wasn't called. :lol:

Anyway, Adelman is a competent coach. In my opinion, the Rockets are a superstar away from contending for a championship. I mean an unselfish superstar unlike Mcgrady.