Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

This ROCKETS team has been overachieving since the playoff last year when they extended the heavily favored LAKERS to a 7 game series even without their "main man" YAO.

Good thing the Houston fans here don't have the no YAO mentality.

galing ng Rockets very gritty team. :)

ALWAYS BELIEVE THEY ARE!!!

Aaron Brooks should be given more credit.. During the time when Yao, TMac or Ron Ron were there, Aaron Brooks was still very steady and now that they are out, he is carrying the load together with Ariza (not too much Trevor though with the game vs. the Lakers).. Aaron Brooks has range and is as fast as (dare I say it) Tony Parker.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
Aaron Brooks has range and is as fast as (dare I say it) Tony Parker.. :thumbsupsmiley:

faster, imho. also a better player than tony parker, i think.

ive seen him play live (and tony parker too, at a different game) and he's pretty well rounded for such a (relatively) small guy.

great versatility and speed.

Guest megalodon
all these gets me thinking..

if yao would eventually rejoin the team, will yao, brooks, scola, ariza and battier be enough for a championship run???

it looks very possible..

i hope it will be possible, before yao eventually runs out of gas

You forgot to put Mcgrady. Hehe. Anyway, I think they'll be better off without Mcgrady. Yao and another star could get the Rockets over the hump. Perhaps the Rockets could make a run at next year's talent-rich free agent market.

faster, imho. also a better player than tony parker, i think.

ive seen him play live (and tony parker too, at a different game) and he's pretty well rounded for such a (relatively) small guy.

great versatility and speed.

Ei. Kainggit naman yan.. So you've watched the Spurs play.. Was Duncan there? I'd love to see my idol live.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Anyways, Tony Parker is not really the same Parker that we've watched in that Finals game vs. the Cavs where he was unstoppable.. TP has always been injured and has been favoring his ankles(even fingers) when he plays.. The thing that irks me with Parker is that he does not rest after every season because he chooses to play for France.. Much to Popovich's disgust, Parker does not care about what could happen to him as he plays for France..

Aaron Brooks has more range than Parker, no doubt and can achieve the superstar status that Parker has achieved.. But right now, we don't see eye to eye when it comes to who's the better player.. For me, Parker is a better PG, over-all, because he has made others around him better.. TP can even carry the Spurs before on his shoulders and win.. Those games without Manu and TD are a marvel to behold.. TP he is a proven player with a proven track record.. But right now, if Parker does not stop in continuing to do damage to his physique by not resting after every season, then, Brooks might just be better in the long run.. Right now, Brooks to me, is the next Tony Parker..

^huh? i missed that one. i thought after the suns they are going up against the hawks.

good news, then. thanks. ;)

parang ang hirap naman ng sked ng rockets to start the season. 2 games against POR, 2 games against the LAL, 1 game at UTA, 1 game against PHX, 1 game against ATL, and IIRC, 1 at DAL pa ba yun (o OKL, can't remember exactly)? sa mga natatandaan ko, ang medyo "madaling" team lang na kalaban nila eh GSW, SAC (which they lost), MIN... tig-iisang laban pa. :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas

heart-breaking loss against the hawks. rockets were down by 10 with 2 minutes to go... but they fought back and tied the game with 5 seconds remaining. but j-smith tipped-in a bibby miss. darn! :(

---

tmac and his prima donna antics:

Commentary: T-Mac's act forces team into reaction

No one tells Tracy McGrady what to do. Got that? No one. Stop it right now. There's no telling how much stress the Rockets are causing our diva.

If they don't fall into line, things could get even uglier around here. Watch Tracy hold his breath. Watch Tracy stomp his feet.

You think I'm kidding? McGrady stormed out of a meeting with general manager Daryl Morey a couple of weeks ago and followed up with a tense conversation with coach Rick Adelman this week. Relations with trainer Keith Jones are said to be less than wonderful.

Wait, there's more. McGrady apparently believes owner Leslie Alexander would rather collect the insurance money on McGrady's $23.3 million contract than have McGrady in uniform.

Well now — cough, shuffle feet, look uncomfortable — wouldn't you? Given the choice of an aging, selfish former star or a chunk of money, Alexander ought to prefer the money.

One problem with this theory is the Rockets didn't take out the insurance policy looking for an exit strategy. They took it out because the NBA requires each team to insure its five largest contracts.

i was bad-mouthing tmac before, but still support his comeback plainly because he is a rocket. but this time... GRRRR! 1 year na lang!!!

Guest megalodon

Ditch Mcgrady and get someone from the class of 2003 next year. The Rockets have proven they can win without 2 all-stars. What more with 2 all-stars to bring them back to their glory days. Since the Dream is one of my idols, I cheered for this team when they beat the Knicks in 1994 and when they swept the Diesel-powered Magic next season. Too bad Stockton doused cold water on a potentially explosive series in 1997 between the Rockets and the Bulls. That would have been a dream series, no pun intended.

Edited by megalodon

^webs T-Mac is ready and already have a clearance to participate in the team's practice (made a shoot around during pre-game against Sacramento). But Coach Adelmann dont want to destroy the chemistry of the current roster. The way this team is playing and winning, the Coaching staff need to re-consider reactivating T-Mac.

T-Mac he should rest at least he gets paid while not playing. and his team is winning so what the needs to get anxious to play?