Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

Guest megalodon
Lakers lost a lot by giving up Trevor Ariza. :D

Not really. They gained Ron Artest who is an upgrade from Ariza. Ariza is a good defender just like Artest but Artest also provides scoring punch.

Not really. They gained Ron Artest who is an upgrade from Ariza. Ariza is a good defender just like Artest but Artest also provides scoring punch.

i think it's an upgrade for both teams - LAL and HOU.

ariza, he can defend and he can score. the reason why he left LAL in the first place is because he wants to prove he can score. he's just being overshadowed by you-know-who and gasol. and in houston's last two games, he proved it so far. houston, right now, needs someone who can score... and ariza i think is a good choice (well done, morey) because he can also defend, therefore not entirely missing what artest brings. 2 games through the season, he was one point shy away from his career high. and the next game, he broke his career high.

artest on the other hand... well, i got to disagree with you (just a little :) ) when you said that artest also provides scoring punch. artest, no doubt, brings toughness and defense. i even think artest is a better defender than ariza. but on offense... his shot selections are questionable, and i've seen him dribble off his shins more often than any other player. he even did that against the mavericks. if i were the coach of the team going up against the LAL, i'll tell my player to back off a little when artest is on the 3-point line and let him take the shot (unless he gets hot :D ). but don't let him drive to the basket, as he can bully his way in. sure he will at times score 20-30, but not consistently.

but that won't be a problem for the lakers. as i've said, i think he's a better defender than ariza (IMO), so that's an upgrade in defense for the LAL. he's a downgrade in offense... but who cares! they got kobe and gasol, plus very good supporting casts. (except for odom. i hate that guy! :D)

the difference, tho', is the LAL probably knows what they're getting out of artest... as he's been in the league long enough. with the rockets, they're hoping that ariza can, indeed, score.

just sharing my opinion, though... not the facts. ;)

hahaha! happy to be wrong -- rockets win at utah! by a convincing margin! so far, this rockets team is over-achieving (again!). they've beaten 2 strong play-off contenders early in the season. and one is at the home court of utah, probably the toughest crowd of all teams in the nba.

and mah man, budinger, scored 17 pala. :cool:

RED NATION!!!

PS... i won't say any predictions for their next game. i don't want to be wrong twice in a row! hehehe!

Edited by Pepeng Manas

^sana nga consistent. acceptable na merong ilang games na masama ang shooting percentage, pero sana wag masyadong maraming laro.

---

let's see how the rockets will do when they're up against a much bigger team. although gasol is out, bynum, mbenga (if he'd play), odom, still makes the lakers very big relatively.

kaya lang di pala lalaro si Smooth Jazz Chase Budinger. :( pero this is a chance for Jermaine Taylor to show what he's got. :cool: good luck, JT.

Edited by Pepeng Manas
Guest megalodon

The Rockets are undermanned yet they have overachieved. A carryover characteristic from last year's playoffs. What can I say? 2 missing superstars and a 6'6 center and their PG averaging 21 ppg. Good luck with the Lakers game Rockets fans. :D

Edited by megalodon
The Rockets are undermanned yet they have overachieved. A carryover characteristic from last year's playoffs. What can I say? 2 missing superstars and a 6'6 center and their PG averaging 21 ppg. Good luck with the Lakers game Rockets fans. :D

This ROCKETS team has been overachieving since the playoff last year when they extended the heavily favored LAKERS to a 7 game series even without their "main man" YAO.

Good thing the Houston fans here don't have the no YAO mentality.

an escape act by LA over HOUSTON ... just by 1.

Ariza and Artest both finish the game with 15 pts. Both exchanging 3 points baskets during the closing seconds of regulation. Ariza though had a bad shooting night ... percentage-wise.

Still a great game from HOUSTON

^ i agree. the end result could have been better for houston, but i'm happy with how the game went for houston. :cool:

as i've mentioned a couple of posts back, rockets will have bad shooting nights. they were 4-15 from the 3 after 3 quarters, IIRC. but the great thing about it is, the game could have still gone either way instead of houston being smothered. the game needed an overtime and the champs won by 1, for crying out loud! :D

but these kind of games is when the rockets really need a go-to guy.

it was like a playoff game. really exciting!

John Hollinger of ESPN.com tweeted before the jazz game, "if houston wins against nemesis jazz (at utah), we have to take them seriously." rockets were still pretty impressive against the champs, so somebody sound the alarm! :D

media should now raise their expectations regarding the rockets! :thumbsupsmiley:

WE ARE RED NATION!!!

...Good thing the Houston fans here don't have the no YAO mentality.

No Yao? No Tmac? No Artest? No problem! ;)