Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

Without Yao and T-mac is questionable next season. While Ron Artest moved to Lakers and no reliable sign up so far... I doubt Houston will make it to the playoff. :glare:

i hope you're wrong, bro. but that scenario is more probable. :(

... unless, of course, if they continue to perform like they did when they were up against the champs... wishing. :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
i hope you're wrong, bro. but that scenario is more probable. :(

... unless, of course, if they continue to perform like they did when they were up against the champs... wishing. :)

Bro. it's reality.. Yao, T-mac and Artest made 60 to 70% of Houston scores, and from the current line up, its almost impossible to fill the void. Houston is defense oriented team, only a few can really pull the trigger. Beside the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, even Portland are having key acquisition. :cry:

Bro. it's reality.. Yao, T-mac and Artest made 60 to 70% of Houston scores, and from the current line up, its almost impossible to fill the void. Houston is defense oriented team, only a few can really pull the trigger. Beside the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers, even Portland are having key acquisition. :cry:

I agree w/ u bro!

the offense of ROCKETS revolves around this 3 players.

now RONRON is gone! T-MAC & YAO is doubtful, because of injuries.

bka ndi cla makapasok s playoffs nyan!!!!

Even if the rockets become bottom cellar this coming season, it's no guaranty for a top pick in next draft, due to raffle system and not all first picks are good, remember Sam Bowie, Michael Olawokandi and recently Greg Oden.

correct! and how about the likes of tony parker and manu ginobili? ;) and the rockets has its share of diamonds in the rough, too -- landry, brooks, wafer, hayes. thanks to morey's 20/20 vision. :D

i'll say... this team is used to being underdogs. so they should just play hard, play intelligent, and hope they surprise everybody again (including me! :D ). and i have faith in luis scola and brooks. scola showed signs of being a good player when yao went down in the 2nd round. let's see if he can bring his mvp trophy from the euro to the nba now that rockets is in need of scorers. brooks, is a tony parker under construction. :D

if it don't work out, nothing lost. house money on the line. :)

i think trevor ariza isn't the loser here. if his goal is winning a championship with the rockets, then he IS a loser. but with the rockets' stars being out, he has the opportunity to show how much he's really worth... then get that big moolah on the next contract. :)

peace, bros. ;)

correct! and how about the likes of tony parker and manu ginobili? ;) and the rockets has its share of diamonds in the rough, too -- landry, brooks, wafer, hayes. thanks to morey's 20/20 vision. :D

peace, bros. ;)

Were you referring to Hayes as in Chuck Hayes? haha

He's the best scratch that, he's the only fake artist when shooting free throws in the NBA. Look how he fakes boozer and okur in this video:

:lol:

Were you referring to Hayes as in Chuck Hayes? haha

He's the best scratch that, he's the only fake artist when shooting free throws in the NBA. Look how he fakes boozer and okur in this video:

lol! i have seen him fake a lot of players over and over again... but i think it's unintentional. pinakapanget lang talaga tumira ng FT si hayes sa NBA. :D (and thanks for the link... napatawa ako. napamura pa si boozer. hehehe!)

on the other hand, though, very good defender seems to be an understatement for this guy. and he is an underrated passer. pag nakapwesto sya sa may FT line, ang ganda ng mga pasa nya sa loob. ;)

but for offense, he is a liability (i think understatement din 'to :D )

Edited by Pepeng Manas

Parker and Ginobili ? they are not related in anyhow to Rockets. If the Rockets relay on landry,brooks,wafer,hayes, I think they will even have a hard time beating NCAA Cardinals and Tar heels this coming season, not to mention NBA teams.

Parker and Ginobili ? they are not related in anyhow to Rockets. If the Rockets relay on landry,brooks,wafer,hayes, I think they will even have a hard time beating NCAA Cardinals and Tar heels this coming season, not to mention NBA teams.

of course TP and MG do not have anything to do with the Rockets. i was merely agreeing to your earlier post that #1 draft pick doesn't mean instant success:

Even if the rockets become bottom cellar this coming season, it's no guaranty for a top pick in next draft, due to raffle system and not all first picks are good, remember Sam Bowie, Michael Olawokandi and recently Greg Oden.

remember? :rolleyes: if that still doesn't clear it, TP and Ginobili were not even close to being the no. 1 pick.

----

nobody is saying that the rockets should and/or will rely on landry, brooks, wafer, and hayes. i even doubt that wafer will be part of the rockets team next season. im saying that they should rely on teamwork and hard work that they showed in the 2nd round against the champs. they need to complement each other. unlike the lakers or cleveland wherein if they needed a basket badly, they have a go-to guy. the present rockets team doesn't have that. they don't have anyone who can create his own shot.

---

who knows? in 2004, at the start of the season, nobody could have guessed that the pistons can win it all. they don't have any kobe, lbj, wade, or even a vince carter that time. but teamwork clicked. now... im not saying that the rockets has a big chance of imitating that pistons team (who does? :D ). all im saying is that, maybe, with hard work and teamwork, the rockets can still give us rocket fans a good run even with all those problems.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

now with no players at all so lead them, ok shane its your year again but surely he wouldnt do much. tapos nawala pa si wafer

the only thing im thinking baka blessing in disguise. probably a year like SA who lost the admiral and guess what they got duncan sa draft

let yao res and aim high sa draft, tapos throw away tmac get another all around decent player and you got yourself another good team

question is ids the draft next year strong?

now with no players at all so lead them, ok shane its your year again but surely he wouldnt do much. tapos nawala pa si wafer

the only thing im thinking baka blessing in disguise. probably a year like SA who lost the admiral and guess what they got duncan sa draft

let yao res and aim high sa draft, tapos throw away tmac get another all around decent player and you got yourself another good team

question is ids the draft next year strong?

huh? isn't it the admiral played WITH TD before and they won a championship?

sino ba matunog sa draft next year? ;)