Houston Rockets

SoulMTC

WOOOO! hahaha!

even if the rockets lose game 7, they're already winners in my book! i think there should be smiles and celebration in the rockets locker room even if they lose. :)

YUP IM SURE THEY ARE VERY PROUD..... I HAVE TO SAY BATTIER IS THE BEST KOBE DEFENDER

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEARTS OF THE UNDERDOGS......

Guest megalodon
YUP IM SURE THEY ARE VERY PROUD..... I HAVE TO SAY BATTIER IS THE BEST KOBE DEFENDER

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE HEARTS OF THE UNDERDOGS......

What the rockets did in this series is bordering on the miraculous. 2 of their franchise players injured and yet they extended a complete lakers team to a game 7. The Lakers should have had this wrapped up a game ago if only they didn't underestimate these gutsy Rockets. Kudos to Rick Adelman for again extending the Lakers to a 7th game. I hope the third time's a charm for Adelman after heartbreaking losses to the Lakers in the 2000 Western Conference Finals as coach of Portland and in the 2002 Western Conference Finals as coach of the Kings.

These Rockets are damn awesome... just imagine how huge the disparity in talent is ....

I'm beginning to think that they might deserve to win this series...

The effort and guts of this team is amazing.

Cant wait to watch game 7... I hope we get to see a close game. :thumbsupsmiley:

What the rockets did in this series is bordering on the miraculous. 2 of their franchise players injured and yet they extended a complete lakers team to a game 7...

"bordering on the miraculous." right you are, bro. if rockets win game 7, then it's definitely way beyond the border! :)

These Rockets are damn awesome... just imagine how huge the disparity in talent is...

yeah! a center who cant shoot free throws, not an offensive threat, and very undersized (Hayes). an undersized PF who you seldom see dunk a ball (heck, i haven't even seen him dunk the ball, actually) and lacks athleticism (Scola). a SF who couldn't even drive to the basket (Battier). a SG who dribbles off his shins (Artest). and an undersized, 23rd (...? somebody correct me please) pick, sophomore point guard, assigned to lead the offense (Brooks). :)

---

i still think the lakers will win the series... but... marami ng pinahiya ang rockets sa prediction nila (including me... i predicted 4-1 or 4-2 lakers). how many have predicted, lakers in 4? they were proven wrong. how many have predicted, lakers in 5? 6? how many was proven wrong? i hope the rockets can prove us wrong one more time! ;)

Kobe did say that this rockets team is tough. Artest and Battier are great defenders and Kobe has to work.

Scola is an olympian and former Spur (you know how great the Spurs are in picking talent). Brooks like everyone said was the choice and they let Rafer go because of him. There must be a reason for that.

The rockets just proved that it's not just Tmac or Yao (or just Yao) are the main reasons for their high ranking in the west. It's because they have talent as well and they can play well together.

Edited by complicated8
Guest megalodon
"bordering on the miraculous." right you are, bro. if rockets win game 7, then it's definitely way beyond the border! :)

yeah! a center who cant shoot free throws, not an offensive threat, and very undersized (Hayes). an undersized PF who you seldom see dunk a ball (heck, i haven't even seen him dunk the ball, actually) and lacks athleticism (Scola). a SF who couldn't even drive to the basket (Battier). a SG who dribbles off his shins (Artest). and an undersized, 23rd (...? somebody correct me please) pick, sophomore point guard, assigned to lead the offense (Brooks). :)

---

i still think the lakers will win the series... but... marami ng pinahiya ang rockets sa prediction nila (including me... i predicted 4-1 or 4-2 lakers). how many have predicted, lakers in 4? they were proven wrong. how many have predicted, lakers in 5? 6? how many was proven wrong? i hope the rockets can prove us wrong one more time! ;)

I wouldn't say Scola isn't athletic. He was the reason Argentina didn't lose by a mile when they battled the US in last year's Olympics. I think that the Rockets deserve to win the series but if they lose, they should hold their head up high and be proud of themselves for being undermanned and taking a complete Laker team to the limit. Mcgrady should be dumped since he's a quitter. The Rockets are a better team without Mcgrady.

hehehehe kala ko pa naman ganun kalaking factor si bynum with the lakers pero ala din it just the same team with out kobe wala na lakers asa lahat sa isang tao pag masama laro kobe ala na.... MALAKI LANG TALGA SI BYNUM MALAKAS PA SI CHUCK HAYES HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

I wouldn't say Scola isn't athletic...

well, i wouldn't argue with that. :) i didn't see scola play in the argentine team. (parang ngayon lang kasi tine-take advantage ng rockets ang galing ni scola nung nawala/fronted si yao) but comparing his athleticism with the likes of lakers talents... say... trevor ariza, i'd say ariza's athleticism is without a doubt better than scola's. ;)

edited:

after reviewing my previous post, i realized i said scola "lacks athleticism." my bad. you're right megalodon. should've said "less athletic" compared with other forwards in the nba. :)

GO ROCKETS!

Edited by Pepeng Manas
Guest megalodon
well, i wouldn't argue with that. :) i didn't see scola play in the argentine team. (parang ngayon lang kasi tine-take advantage ng rockets ang galing ni scola nung nawala/fronted si yao) but comparing his athleticism with the likes of lakers talents... say... trevor ariza, i'd say ariza's athleticism is without a doubt better than scola's. ;)

edited:

after reviewing my previous post, i realized i said scola "lacks athleticism." my bad. you're right megalodon. should've said "less athletic" compared with other forwards in the nba. :)

GO ROCKETS!

Oks lang. He's less athletic but what I like about him is he doesn't mind doing the dirty work. He's a scrappy player and I think he's the best Argentine player. I know Manu fans would react to this but without Scola, Argentina would have been beaten by 30-40 points by a super talented Team USA in the Olympics. I hope Scola outplays Gasol in game 7.

What the rockets did in this series is bordering on the miraculous. 2 of their franchise players injured and yet they extended a complete lakers team to a game 7. The Lakers should have had this wrapped up a game ago if only they didn't underestimate these gutsy Rockets. Kudos to Rick Adelman for again extending the Lakers to a 7th game. I hope the third time's a charm for Adelman after heartbreaking losses to the Lakers in the 2000 Western Conference Finals as coach of Portland and in the 2002 Western Conference Finals as coach of the Kings.

Atleast tayo me 3 LEGIT franchise players & Stephon used to be one pa. These Rockets team is simply amazing! Isipin mo na lang effect pag HOUSTON & ORLANDO prevails sa Game 7? (puera usog sa Boston, wag naman) It will be VERY BAD FOR THE BUSINESS. Daming $$$ mawawala sa NBA.

BABANGON KAMI'T DUDURUGIN NAMIN KAYO!

-HOUSTON TEAM

galing talaga ng rockets..the whole rotation of the team: brooks, lowry, battier, artest, scola, hayes, landry and wafer are playing great team basketball (except ron-ron in some instances hehehe)..

i still believe the rockets have what it takes to win at the staples center, they have to contain the lakers early in the game, for sure magiging aggressive ang lakers in the 1st half to try and bury the rockets thru their offense: kobe & gasol will go all-out kasi they know if the rockets stay within striking distance; they can beat the lakers thru good ball movement, team play and their lockdown defense..

karamihan tuloy ng mga kakilala ko na dati gusto sa finals lakers vs cavs ngyn gusto na ng nuggets vs cavs na finals dahil sa disappointing effort ng lakers hehehe :)

Guest megalodon
Atleast tayo me 3 LEGIT franchise players & Stephon used to be one pa. These Rockets team is simply amazing! Isipin mo na lang effect pag HOUSTON & ORLANDO prevails sa Game 7? (puera usog sa Boston, wag naman) It will be VERY BAD FOR THE BUSINESS. Daming $$$ mawawala sa NBA.

BABANGON KAMI'T DUDURUGIN NAMIN KAYO!

-HOUSTON TEAM

Yup it will be bad for the business if houston advances but the cleveland vs. san antonio finals 2 years ago was also bad for business.

Oks lang. He's less athletic but what I like about him is he doesn't mind doing the dirty work. He's a scrappy player and I think he's the best Argentine player.

and don't forget his attitude. he said he's not afraid to play without Yao. what he's afraid of is not doing their best/not working hard (something like that). medyo napatango pa ko non nung sinabi nya yon. :)

Yup it will be bad for the business if houston advances but the cleveland vs. san antonio finals 2 years ago was also bad for business.

yeah! and that only took 4 games.

well, that's what they get for getting into this kind of business (sports). not everyone is always a winner (that also applies to the business people of the nba) hehehe! :)

Guest megalodon
and don't forget his attitude. he said he's not afraid to play without Yao. what he's afraid of is not doing their best/not working hard (something like that). medyo napatango pa ko non nung sinabi nya yon. :)

yeah! and that only took 4 games.

well, that's what they get for getting into this kind of business (sports). not everyone is always a winner (that also applies to the business people of the nba) hehehe! :)

I'd favor the Lakers in Game 7 just like everybody else but I think the Rockets have gotten in the minds of the Lakers and winning Game 6 will only embolden the Rockets to gut it out in Game 7. Houston has nothing to lose. They have exceeded expectations such that even if they lose Game 7, experts and fans alike have already given them respect. I mean, let's face it, the Lakers are being beaten by double digits by a bunch of nobodies relatively speaking.

without t-mac, yao and of course "the old man" dikembe, the rockets have no one but themselves to rely on. it made them need each other more. i believe even if the rockets wont win (but am betting on them), they will be feared at/respected come 2010 season. even without t-mac. so pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz dont say rockets is your team. you dont even know what team is. i'll trade t-mac with anyone. maski yung kantoboy dyan ok din.

hi guys.. before anything else.. gusto ko lang malaman nyo na Laker fan ako.. :D

Game 7 on Monday.. Lakers don't deserve to win this series.. for me ha.. kasi, they are not playing well.. imagine, walang Yao, Tmac malas pa si Artest, but still tinambakan ang Lakers.. popost ko dapat to sa Lakers thread pero malamang babahain ako ng batikus dun.. :D

i hope this game 7 manalo na rockets.. at ako'y nababadtrip na sa Lakers.. they dont deserve to win the series against Houston.. :)

Never turn your back on your team. Sure we don't deserve the win. Doesn't mean we can't make up for it in the WCF. It's not over til it's over. I'd rather see my team go down with guns blazin' and with them putting up a good fight rather than see them downright surrender.

I'm surprised that the Rox was able to push us this far. Like i said, this team has a good future ahead of them. Scola and Landry and Brooks are the guys that piss me off a lot but that's coz they're all good and they've been murdering the Lakers.

Magaling talaga. :)

Pero I still like the Lakers' chance of winning in game 7. :)