James Bond Vs. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne fans ....

Sa Bourne movies, somehow it substantiates how David gets along his travels e.g. using his alternative passports to pass through immigration, using his language skills to speak, his martial arts skills to defend himself, he uses Yahoo to search his subjects .... and a lot more practical tools for his advantage

Walang out-of-this-world gadgetry ..... walang expensive vehicles like BMW, Porche ..... blah blah

Me also, I like Bourne more than Bond...

ililibing ng buhay ni Jason Bourne si James Bond :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Bourne for me
  • 2 weeks later...

If were talking about james bond portrayed by pierce brosnan, timothy dalton, roger moore, george lazenby and sean connery......... Then Id say Jason bourne will ass rape james bond like a bitch.

But if were talking about Daniel Craigs rendition of bond, then I think theyd be an equal match. Daniel Craig is the only bond I know who is willing to mess up his hair to get the job done

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this toe to toe arrangement:

Who Would Win: James Bond or Jason Bourne?

Ok so I saw the new Bond movie last night, Quantum of Solace, and I was thoroughly impressed. However, during the movie, I couldn’t help but to think which one of these action movie heroes is the most badass overall.

Here is my breakdown of the what I’m scoring them on…

I’m going to score the contestants in six categories: fighting skills, spy organization, technology (including cars), calm under pressure, escapability (including chase scenes), and traveling the world.

Fighting Skills

Jason Bourne fights in many different styles, but the most prominent ones are Filipino Kali and Jeet Kune Do. Kali is a fighting style that teaches people to fight with everyday objects, like ballpoint pens and rolled up newspapers. That’s right… newspapers. And he still killed the guy.

James Bond learned Judo in the British Navy before he joined MI6. Judo is a form of martial arts that temporarily disables an opponent by using painful choke, strangle, and armholds. Disables… doesn’t k*ll.

Winner:

Bourne takes this one hands down. Kali is one of the most dangerous fighting styles in the world, and Bourne is someone who’s perfected it.

Spy Organization

Bourne worked for the CIA, where he received most of his training. Now he just spends most of his time cleaning up the CIA’s mistakes and running from them. Even when he tries to stay out of the limelight, the CIA finds him. I guess there’s no messing with the US of A.

Bond wourks (see what I did there?) for MI6, also known as the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS). Although they aren’t as old as the CIA, they are just as prestigious. And they have a much cooler looking building than the Pentagon.

Winner:

Bond works for the MI6; he isn’t being hunted by them like the CIA is hunting Bourne.

Technology

In all the Bourne movies, the technology he uses can be purchased by everyday Joe’s. This includes his fancy phone GPS tracker thing that he used in Morocco. Most of the technology is used against Bourne though. His enemies are using satellites and surveillance cameras to catch him; Bourne uses his head, a rail schedule, and a map to get away. No fancy cars (unless he steals one), no first class jets… perhaps Bourne’s greatest asset is his brain?

Bond always has the most ridiculously awesome gadgets. Since the list could go forever, I will concentrate only on the Quantum of Solace. Bond’s camera phone has identification imagery built into the stunningly sharp (15+ MP) camera. Any photos are immediately uploaded to the MI6 main network for information on the person. At the MI6 HQ, they have a wall/desk that would make Chuck Todd, with his touch screen electoral map, jealous. The Aston Martin Bond drives is worth an estimated $200,000 a car. No need for lame pickup lines when you roll up to a party with those wheels.

Winner:

The car alone is enough for Bond to win, but add on the cell phone and Bond becomes the Bill Gates of Spy Tech.

Calm Under Pressure

Bourne uses his head to think of plans on the go. The unexpected doesn’t scare Bourne because he uses it to his advantage. For example, when Bourne is in Spain, he manages to knock two guys out (go figure), escape the police, and formulate an idea within a span of three minutes. Not bad for a guy on the run.

Bond uses his beloved “shaken-not stirred” martini to calm him down. Not to mention the Bond’s women. I guess it’s easy to be calm when you’re a pimp?

Winner:

Bourne takes this one, but only by a hair. While an occasional drink is ok, using it to calm you down is a sign of an alcoholic. Consider AA Bond.

Escapability

Bourne is known for escaping out of ALL situations. Whether it is a car chase through lower Manhattan or foot chases through London’s train station, Bourne has a knack for slipping just out of reach.

Bond, in his latest flick, uses all forms of transportation to get away. Forget the exciting first scene with the Aston Martin car chase, this movie offers not only a boat chase, but a AIRPLANE dogfight too. I was half expecting for 007 to steal a horse from il Palio in Siena. Nah, just a foot chase on the roofs. And what doesn’t Bond know how to drive?

Winner:

Good job Bond. When you use a fishing boat and bi-prop plane to get away, you win at everything forever.

Traveling the World

Bourne knows upwards of seven different languages, has more passports than fingers, and can get from one end of Europe to the other in less than a day. Bourne blends in with many of the cultures that he goes to.

Bond travels just as much as Bourne does, but doesn’t blend in at all. That’s not his style. Even in Quantum, he is taken to a hotel that looks like a shithole to ‘not attract any attention’ and ‘add to the character’. Does he stay there? Nah… he goes to the Ritz-Carlton looking hotel.

Winner:

Bourne is like a Google Map in his mind. And he doesn’t use anyone else’s help to get where he is going.

Here is a recap of everything…

Fighting: Bourne

Organization: Bond

Technology: Bond

Calm under pressure: Bourne

Escapability: Bond

Traveling: Bourne

Score is currently tied 3-3, but since there are no ties…

Overall Most Badass Action Actor:

Bourne is the ultimate spy agent. Although he doesn’t score the same amount of ladies as Bond, he gets his fair share. I think Bourne would win The Amazing Race, Survivor, Temptation Island, I Love New York, and I Want To Be Paris’ BFF, all at the same time. That is how crazy awesome he is.

Regardless how you feel about how I scored things, let it be known that I wouldn’t mess with either of these guys. Unless I was the director. In which case I wouldn’t be scared.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jason Bourne is the closest thing to a realistic secret agent. He is trained to be inconspicuous. He can blend in with the environment. He can mingle with ease anywhere. Being an average-looking person is essential to field agents in the real world.

Of course, add adaptability and practical knowledge and you will have a very reliable spook. Gadgets? Fancy cars? That will just make the agent stand out like a hideous pimple of a female supermodel.