Who Is The Best General?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

BASTA HINDI YUNG GENERAL NA KUMAKALAT ANG LITRATO NGAYON SA INTERNET NA NAGPA KARGA PARA HINDI MABASA ANG PAA SA BEACHLANDING. MAY KASAKA PA RAW AMERICAN VISITING FORCES NUN AT YUNG KANO NA OFFICER NILAKAD YUNG TUBIG BASA ANG SAPATOS. GEZZZZZZZ!! THAT GENERAL SHOULD BE DEMOTED AND PUT ON LATRINE DUTY UNTIL HE RETIRES!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My Top 5, best Leader/Captain/General

1. William Wallace of Braveheart, astig sa speech hehe

2. Nathan Algren of THe Last Samurai, astig yung tactics nila dito.

3. Benjamin Martin of THe Patriot, ang lupit nya! war veteran talaga xa, can almost k*ll you instantly

4. Leonidas of 300, one bad ass dude

5. Achilles of Troy, astig, after sex sumasabak na sa battlefield hehe... galing sa hand to hand combat.

• 1 month later...

1. Maximus- he's a great character in this movie. respected by his subordinates and a great strategist.

2. Odysseus- he has a lot of quotable quotes in TROY. IMO the most intelligent general in fiction

3. Achilles

4. Leonidas (this guy is sick, bringing only 300 men with an effective strategy)

5. Nathan Algren

• 1 month later...

General Vo Nguyen Giap - I dont know if there's a film about him but he's the general responsible for the Vietminh's impressive tactical victory over the technically superior americans during the Vietnam war. If Sun Tzu is watching, he'll be very proud of Giap's very smart application of Art of War.

Che Guevarra - It's a war crime not to include him in this list, although he's not actually a general, it was more of Fidel Castro. But his mere presence and aura is a true energizer for the gung-ho cuban rebels that claimed the victory for the revolution.

of course, the All-time Greats: Alexander the Great, Ghengksi Khan, King Leonidas and my Favorite, William Wallace

Pwede ba sa gaming entertainment pa rin naman e. Saka hindi siya general. Si Capt. Price sa Call of Duty (WW2 era) saka sa Modern Warfare. Di lang basta utos nang utos, sumusugod din. Highly pragmatic din at madaling mag-adapt sa kahit anong situation.

May Filipino movie din about Genghis Khan, starring tatay ni Mr. Shooli (Mr. Mongolian barbecue).

Si Conan din nag-handle na ng army nang maging mercenary siya for a very small state (Ophir, I think).

Kung conquests lang pag uusapan here are my "boys"

Genghis Khan - umabot hanggang Poland ata siya!

Alexander the Great - hanggang India

Napoleon Bonaparte - to the gates of Moscow (like Hitler but without the tanks)

Personal favorites would be

Heinz Guderian

Hasso von Manteuffal

the people who brought to you the Blitzkrieg

• 3 months later...