Lasik Surgery

brentley

On 11/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, Goody2shoes said:

Been thinking of getting Lasik for quite sometime now. But can't help the fear of getting it done. Plus the idea of not being allowed to scratch your eyes hard (just in case I forget) scares me. I've got a friend who got Lasik a couple of years ago and upto this day brings a bottle of eyedrops as his eyes are always dry. Seems like a hassle. Though my brother said it's the best decision he made - everything is HD when you wake up. Can't decide. 

Hi Good day, Dry eyes is one of possible effects after having LASIK. However, the benefit and comfort of not wearing glasses in order to see things clearly weighs far more as compare to the side effect of the procedure. By the way, not all patients experience dry eyes as a side effect. I do screen patients meticulously prior to the procedure. 

18 hours ago, theoneandonlymistressmia said:

Unfortunately it goes back. 

My uncle and my bestfriens had lasik surgery which cost roughly more than 80k. 

Blury vision came back few years after. 

Hello ms. Mia, there are lot of causes for blurring of vision. They may have their eyes check to determine whether there is a possibility of regression. Regression is the process where in there is residual astigmatism or power as the cornea heals. They may opt for another procedure to lower the grade of the eye po.  Hope this helps po

• Like (+1) 1
  • Winner! (+1) 1
On 11/7/2021 at 8:02 PM, 9610472 said:

Hi Good day, Dry eyes is one of possible effects after having LASIK. However, the benefit and comfort of not wearing glasses in order to see things clearly weighs far more as compare to the side effect of the procedure. By the way, not all patients experience dry eyes as a side effect. I do screen patients meticulously prior to the procedure. 

Thanks for this. Yes, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. Have you heard of SMILE? I heard it was a better version of LASIK. 

I was advised to undergo this procedure years back when I needed a 20/20 vision to enroll in a maritime academy. Unfortunately, that was also the time I was diagnosed with Glaucoma so the doctor said to not continue on Lasik. Doctor said they won't be able to monitor my glaucoma once the surgery is done.

23 hours ago, Goody2shoes said:

Thanks for this. Yes, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. Have you heard of SMILE? I heard it was a better version of LASIK. 

Yes sir, we regards to SMILE . It relieves you of the dry eye effect brought about by LASIK. However, the visual recovery is slower as compared to LASIK. Predictability of the visual outcome is still depends on the patient`s recovery from the procedure. Hope I was able to answer your inquiry. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
23 minutes ago, Capsicle said:

I was advised to undergo this procedure years back when I needed a 20/20 vision to enroll in a maritime academy. Unfortunately, that was also the time I was diagnosed with Glaucoma so the doctor said to not continue on Lasik. Doctor said they won't be able to monitor my glaucoma once the surgery is done.

Did the doctor ask you to take gingko biloba for the glaucoma?

5 hours ago, 9610472 said:

Yes sir, we regards to SMILE . It relieves you of the dry eye effect brought about by LASIK. However, the visual recovery is slower as compared to LASIK. Predictability of the visual outcome is still depends on the patient`s recovery from the procedure. Hope I was able to answer your inquiry. Thank you.

Thanks, it absolutely did. I was told the recovery was even quicker than LASIK. Will have to double check this when the time comes for me to decide. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Capsicle said:

The reason why we can't do LASIK on a Glaucoma patient is because we need a considerable amount of pressure to mount the microkeratome blade in order to make the flap seamless. In the process, pressure is being exerted on the eye for it to achieved an air tight seal while doing LASIK in order the laser to function properly.

The pressure exerted on the eye might increase the intraocular pressure of the eye thereby aggravating your existing glaucoma.. Hope I was able to shed some light in this issue. Thank you.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, bimbi said:

how about color blindness?  pwede sa Lasik?

We need to evaluate whether your color blindness is acquired or congenital. If you are indeed color blind, then LASIK will not be the solution to restore your color vision. You may see objects clearly after LASiK however, you may still have color deficiency. In this case, I won't offer you LASIK since the optimum benefit of the procedure can not be achieved. Hope I was able to shed some light po.