Insomnia Remedies

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've terrible insomnia. If I'm troubled or even slightly bothered by something, I'm up. I've tried so many remedies, from the usual tea-drinking and using a weighted blanket to wrestling a shark/bear/whatever to get tired. It's ridiculous. Last year I started listening to long-winded lectures in bed and that worked for a few weeks. Then I spent three pretty sleepless months before I came upon binaural beats on youtube. Worked for a while, I even started dreaming again. Now I'm back to square one.

I've terrible insomnia. If I'm troubled or even slightly bothered by something, I'm up. I've tried so many remedies, from the usual tea-drinking and using a weighted blanket to wrestling a shark/bear/whatever to get tired. It's ridiculous. Last year I started listening to long-winded lectures in bed and that worked for a few weeks. Then I spent three pretty sleepless months before I came upon binaural beats on youtube. Worked for a while, I even started dreaming again. Now I'm back to square one.

db, watching tv works for me. I fall asleep with only thirty minutes of tv at bedtime. I can empathize with you regarding not being able to sleep because of something that worries you but I long ago accepted that I can't change what bothers me if I have no control over it. Just leave it be and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 1

db, watching tv works for me. I fall asleep with only thirty minutes of tv at bedtime. I can empathize with you regarding not being able to sleep because of something that worries you but I long ago accepted that I can't change what bothers me if I have no control over it. Just leave it be and let the chips fall where they may.

Really, what do you watch? I've binge-watched shows up to 3am. News shows are too bright; horror flicks are dark enough but then the screaming wakes you up. Maybe I need to pick awful dramas.