The Football Thread

Labuyo

How true, about zidane. I remember one of my fondest memories sa football was when me and my brother went to podium to watch the finals for the 2006 world cup, italy v. frasnce. I never thought that a lot of people would show up that night. But that night was special, for zidane and for italy. Everybody knows the story. To the present day, I think this Euro was a test not for france but for henry. He really did seem like he wuld take the reign of france as head man but i guess he isnt as special as zidane is. Thought domenech would do a better job as well. I've always favored the French team to win these internationals, most of the squad are well known. My next bet to be winners are germany or netherlands. Please, not spain, torres is just a huge pansy! And please not the italians. Theyre a bunch of crap!

How true, about zidane. I remember one of my fondest memories sa football was when me and my brother went to podium to watch the finals for the 2006 world cup, italy v. frasnce. I never thought that a lot of people would show up that night. But that night was special, for zidane and for italy. Everybody knows the story. To the present day, I think this Euro was a test not for france but for henry. He really did seem like he wuld take the reign of france as head man but i guess he isnt as special as zidane is. Thought domenech would do a better job as well. I've always favored the French team to win these internationals, most of the squad are well known. My next bet to be winners are germany or netherlands. Please, not spain, torres is just a huge pansy! And please not the italians. Theyre a bunch of crap!

wow, torres out of all people. when were u born? o well, stick to watching internationals, its for noobs. enjoy. :lol:

"Youll Never Walk Alone"

Edited by duchessXI

it will take time for france to recover from zidane's retirement. it's always like that when you lose such a talisman in your team. it took brazil 24 years to win the world cup again after pele. argentina is still waiting after maradona.

torres will win the ballon d'or within 3 years. mark my words.

"you'll never walk alone"

"you can't buy history"

quarterfinals picture

Portugal vs Germany

Turkey vs Croatia

Holland vs Russia

Italy vs Spain

-- my prediction

Portugal vs Croatia

Spain vs Holland

Croatia (for some reason, Croatia has its history in the Euros and not in the World Cup, they could do it again this time around)

Holland (close match between the Spanish and them, hard to say but still have to pick one)

Holland (Beckenbaur and Cruyyf to give free beer to the whole dutch squad) :thumbsupsmiley:

Torres is greatness in the making.

Too bad he went to the 'pool...

GER to win tonight, Ronnie will cry win or loose. :P

WTF happened to my Sverge?!?!?

good call. i didn't think germany would beat portugal. thats the thing with germans (and italians), they always manage to win matches they should lose.

ronaldo to real is getting closer and closer : http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-...s&type=lgns

Edited by damaso

i just see it that it doesnt mean if you score as many goals as torres you're bound for greatness. Just my opinion but he is a far cry from the likes of gerrard, lampard and giggs. These are guys who have been institutionalized into each's club history. We'll wait and see if torres reaches those pinnacles.

ha ha ha croatia choked ......

'twas a boring 90 minutes and the game only came to life in extra time...Semih put the turks in semis..with a very good hit... :thumbsupsmiley:

As much as I want Turkiye to progress...they will have a depleted line up against Germany...no Tuncay,Arda, Volkan and possibly Nihat and it will be Germany to progress to the finals...pero still hoping for Turkey

Holland v the Ruskies .... Dutch to trample the Russians 3-1

Spain v Italy........Italy will be without their Jaworski (Gattuso) and Pirlo..Spain to win 1-0

I dont see the Dutch centre backs (Oijer and Boulharouz or even Van Bronckhorst)) coping against the speed of Torres and Villa

Finals will be Spain v Germany

i just see it that it doesnt mean if you score as many goals as torres you're bound for greatness. Just my opinion but he is a far cry from the likes of gerrard, lampard and giggs. These are guys who have been institutionalized into each's club history. We'll wait and see if torres reaches those pinnacles.

well lampard might be going to inter...

i dont know how the turks do it. three unbelievable comebacks in a row...

give torres some time. c'mon, it's only his first season with liverpool - of course he's not as institutionalized as gerrard who came up through liverpool's youth system.