The Football Thread

Labuyo

Hey quick question, anyone know of any good places to watch the games in QC? I live a little far off from the makati area and some of the places are annoying w/ overpriced finger foods and drinks. Any suggestions will do, thanks ahead.

(btw...I'm hopeing it's gonna come down to Argentina v. Germany ths year, don't care if little Mara is running up n down the touchline waving his arms about)

Hey quick question, anyone know of any good places to watch the games in QC? I live a little far off from the makati area and some of the places are annoying w/ overpriced finger foods and drinks. Any suggestions will do, thanks ahead.

(btw...I'm hopeing it's gonna come down to Argentina v. Germany ths year, don't care if little Mara is running up n down the touchline waving his arms about)

Actually, if you're from Makati, my cousin tells me that there is this place called Heckle and Jeckle in the Makati area. From what he says, that is where the most hardcore fans go so I suggest you go there. I'm not sure how much it is, but that is where the best football experience is. A place with ex-pats cheering on the Three Lions. Although you say you like Deutschland and Argentina, it will still be a good place for you to do your hating.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, if you're from Makati, my cousin tells me that there is this place called Heckle and Jeckle in the Makati area. From what he says, that is where the most hardcore fans go so I suggest you go there. I'm not sure how much it is, but that is where the best football experience is. A place with ex-pats cheering on the Three Lions. Although you say you like Deutschland and Argentina, it will still be a good place for you to do your hating.

A little late but the entrance is P300 inclusive of 3 drinks if i remember correctly

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! wow long time no see. been busy with work and ex, lol. and didnt want to show my face here because liv had a disappointing season (what aa lame excuse, haha) and finally got to remember my pw.

whats new guys? you all still up for some fantasy football in yahoo just like back in 2008? let me know. il create a group for all of us. :)

cheers! good to be back again.

as always, YNWA :)

bro, whats the yahoo group id #? how many members are joining already?

hey man, good to see you again.

forgot to post the followup post re fantasy football, posted it only at the fantasy football at the games section. anyway, heres the details:

id:4061

pw:1234

so far, only 3. sana umabot tayo ng 15 ulit or more just lick back in 2008. hope the veterans like damaso, reshirt, and howardduck come back. never seen them in awhile.

biggy, if you know anyone else who plays fantasy or whos interested, just forward them the details please. season starts in 4 days! cheers! see ya :)

yeah, hopefully the others would come out. Been awhile since i heard from you too, bro. No shame if you were not active last season with the way the liverpool ship was sailing. I mean look at us, we we're in the coke league for crying out loud. Hopefully, we get to stay up these season, thats my only wish for newcastle. To settle back into the EPL. Good luck to everyone's team this season, looks like its going to be dirty on the top. Cant wait!

yeah, hopefully the others would come out. Been awhile since i heard from you too, bro. No shame if you were not active last season with the way the liverpool ship was sailing. I mean look at us, we we're in the coke league for crying out loud. Hopefully, we get to stay up these season, thats my only wish for newcastle. To settle back into the EPL. Good luck to everyone's team this season, looks like its going to be dirty on the top. Cant wait!

hehe yeah, just made that as a lame excuse. but re NU, was quite shocked to see them back again. glad to see a familiar championship side again back into the EPL. i bid them good luck, its going to be a stormy season for them, knowing now that the balance of power has been shifted from 4 to 7(now aston villa gone, o neil just resigned). its going to be tough for bottom clubs to grab those essential 3 points.

giving some analysis onto the NU lineup, ive noticed theyve retained their basic skeletal framework in

26 Tim Krul (G)

6 Mike Williamson (D)

2 Fabricio Coloccini (D)

16 Ryan Taylor (D)

12 Danny Simpson (D)

10 Wayne Routledge (M)

7 Joey Barton (M)

8 Danny Guthrie (M)

17 Alan Smith (F)

23 Shola Ameobi (F)

20 Leon Best (F)

others are good championship players, but squad players when going into the EPL. heard recent news that sol campbell was just drafted. but if this is NU's best signing so far, (btw, campbell has a huge gut, way past his heydays) then they cant do much. I think the manager must get a creative player at least in the middle; bartons theyre best player in the creative dept, but not consistent. 4 days to go. but i hope NU will surprise ManU this tuesday. fantasy managers are already gearing up some ManU players in theur squad, likewise with Chelsea and WestBrom.

good luck to us, both in real and fantasy. hehe. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

the addition of mascherano to my fave barca is an intriguing prospect.

some claim that it will make barca invincible. maybe. but looking at its line-up barca does not have adequate cover in defence with milito serving as back-up up to spanish internationals pique and puyol.

what do you think? will mourinho wrestle the crown from guardiola this time just like last time in champions league.

i hate to think about it by madrid has far more adequate players in cases of injury despite barca having a more established team and bolstered by spectacular additions of villa and mascherano.

Edited by buntot

argh, mascherano.. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yah, re your point on mourinho battling with guardiola. 2 best teams as usual, at least for the past 5 years. the difference is now how will mourinho quickly adapt to the spanish game, and fixture list, and at the notably at the same time the egoism of the galacticos of real madrid. its a whole new challenge altogether for jose. guardiola has the upperhand here, esp as you mentioned with mascherano filling the hole, hes the best at the moment. though im not a barca fan, i expect to see barca win more silverware, on all fronts.

being a liverpool fan, with the quality of signings hodgson has brought, plus the winning attitude of tottenham and the money of man city, i expect them to finish 6th, sad to say. only a miracle can make them come back to the usual top 4. nevertheless, theyl never walk alone..

the addition of mascherano to my fave barca is an intriguing prospect.

some claim that it will make barca invincible. maybe. but looking at its line-up barca does not have adequate cover in defence with milito serving as back-up up to spanish internationals pique and puyol.

what do you think? will mourinho wrestle the crown from guardiola this time just like last time in champions league.

i hate to think about it by madrid has far more adequate players in cases of injury despite barca having a more established team and bolstered by spectacular additions of villa and mascherano.

• 2 weeks later...

liverpool is indeed struggling right now.. most probably because of the ownership problem as they cant sign expensive players because of their debt. on the other hand, man city ain't doing so good either..

but... what the hell is wrong with Man Utd???? they keep on drawing games they should have won! seems like evra still has a wc hangover

argh, mascherano.. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yah, re your point on mourinho battling with guardiola. 2 best teams as usual, at least for the past 5 years. the difference is now how will mourinho quickly adapt to the spanish game, and fixture list, and at the notably at the same time the egoism of the galacticos of real madrid. its a whole new challenge altogether for jose. guardiola has the upperhand here, esp as you mentioned with mascherano filling the hole, hes the best at the moment. though im not a barca fan, i expect to see barca win more silverware, on all fronts.

being a liverpool fan, with the quality of signings hodgson has brought, plus the winning attitude of tottenham and the money of man city, i expect them to finish 6th, sad to say. only a miracle can make them come back to the usual top 4. nevertheless, theyl never walk alone..

Indeed they Will Never Walk Alone. As you say Duchess, dont think they can get back to the top 4 this season. With Captain Marvel reaching his 30s I wonder who can Pull the Team up now. Well, lets hope they Win MU this Sunday. That will give us Liverpool Fans some consolation!

oh yes. Real Madrid opens their Champions League Campaign with a 2-0 win over Ajax. :) I hope Mourinho steers them to their 10th European Cup Trophy this year! Hala Madrid!!!

saw this match. real madrid was playing an exhibition the whole 90 mins. i loved how mourihno was able to fit in the team quickly and gel all his superstars together fast. i wouldnt be surprised if this version of the galacticos won some silverware this era around.

saw this match. real madrid was playing an exhibition the whole 90 mins. i loved how mourihno was able to fit in the team quickly and gel all his superstars together fast. i wouldnt be surprised if this version of the galacticos won some silverware this era around.

well i do hope they bag some silverware this season. And I do hope they would bring home their 10th European Cup Trophy! :) By the way, what team do you support?