The Football Thread

Labuyo

Transfer Gossip:

Owen Hargreaves to Man Utd? After man-of-the-match honors in the recent England thrashing of Greece, Hargreaves is being targeted as the replacement of Roy Keane at Old Trafford. But will Bayern Munich sell?

Another midfielder being linked to Man U is Villareal's Marcos Senna.

Ashley Cole is on his way out. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is tired of the defender's clamoring and has asked the board to sell Cole as soon as possible.

Highly rated Real Betis winger Joaquin has reiterated his desire to join Valencia. The Spanish international wants to win titles, and he believes Valencia is the team to do it with.

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has not given up on AC Milan ace Kaka. "One day, he will play for Real Madrid," Calderon was quoted.

AC Milan has joined the throng of clubs interested in Internacional's Rafael Sobis. The catalyst for Internacional's Copa Libertadores triumph is now also a part of Dunga's new look Brazil national team.

seems like the Senna deal will not go through and Fregie is trying his best to sign Owen but Bayern could or possible not deal him since Ballack left they have gaps on the commanding central midfield. Owen will be good along side Carrick and since Maclaren said he is building the England squad around Owen then this move will sure give United a strong midfield...instead of the O'Shea/Smith/Scholes/Giggs fiasco

Owen Hargreaves is a good midfielder but I still find him lacking the tools that can win ManU the championship again, I know he & Carrick can be a good combination rather than the players they have now but Sir Alex should get a better midfielder..

But in the end, if he is the guy ManU gets, I hope Hargreaves can disprove my opinion once & help United win the EPL again..

I haven't really watch Dirk Kuyt play, but by what I'm hearing, he's the heir-apparent to Ruud Van Nistelrooy in the Holland squad, I hope he is good, the problems with the Liverpool strikeforce have prevented them from doing better & I think with what Liverpool have right now, they have the best chance to challenge Chelsea for the EPL..

But then again, my Reds (Go ManU!!!) are still in the fight for the EPL..

Madrid Agree Diarra Deal With Lyon

Real Madrid and Lyon have announced that they have reached an agreement over Mahamadou Diarra that will see the Mali international move to Spain for €26 million.

The long running saga has finally come to a close with the French champions accepting Madrid's latest offer and he will undergo a medical and sign a contract in the next few days.

Lyon posted the news on their official website and Los Merengues's president, Ramón Calderón then confirmed the deal on Radio Marca on Friday evening.

Negotiations between the two clubs looked to have reached an impasse when the French outfit stated that they were holding out for €35 million and rejected an offer of €20 million from Madrid.

While the talks were continuing, Diarra threatened to go on strike in order to push a move through and made regular statements in the media about his desire to move to El Bernabéu.

Fabio Capello made no secret that another midfield player was his priority and that Diarra was his preferred target, although he refused to speculate on whether a deal could be reached.

Since taking over for a second spell at Madrid, the Italian coach has signed Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson from his former club Juventus as well as capturing Ruud Van Nistelrooy from Manchester United.

Diarra spent four years with Lyon and was an inspiration as they won the league every year he spent at the club after joining from Vitesse Arnhem.

Manchester United were said to be interested in the player, but the high price tag saw Alex Ferguson turn his attention elsewhere.

i hope this guy won't be lost in the Madrid bench. with this signing, Reyes who was the first target of Madrid may be left out at Arsenal.

Villarreal: Roig: “Senna Stays. Full Stopâ€

Yellow Submarine President Fernando Roig has assured Villarreal fans that Hispano-Brazilian midfielder Marcos Senna won’t be wearing Manchester United colours in the 2006-7 season, and that the Castellon club is counting on the player for the soon-to-begin Liga.

"For us the so-called Senna case was closed two days ago. We were hoping for conditions that weren’t offered [by the Red Devils] and although the player may think differently it’s a different matter for Villarreal. He’s staying and we’re open for a renewal of his contract", he explained.

"From my point of view things have been twisted out of perspective, which is something that usually happens when something is talked about far too much with too little fact involved. I feel that Manchester haven’t made things clear about actually many things and that tends to dynamite negotiations", added the exec responsible for bringing the club to first division stability in Spain.

He also talked of Juan Pablo Sorín, although in more optimistic terms than about the ex-São Caetano player. "We’re juggling a few offers and hope that in two or three days things will be sorted out. Sorín is still a Villarreal player, but we hope to reach a mutually satisfactory solution soon."

that about settles it. :P

Bayern Tell United To Forget Hargreaves

Manchester United have been warned by Bayern Munich to forget about their attempts to sign England midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed his interest in signing the Canadian-born player, who has seen his profile in England rise dramatically after a couple of good performances at International level.

This has led to United preparing a reported £13m bid, but Bayern insist they've had no offer from United and they wouldn't welcome one either.

Bayern Munich have once again insisted England midfielder Owen Hargreaves will not be leaving the club, despite serious interest from Manchester United.

"FC Bayern has informed the player and his agent in no uncertain terms that the contract with the club until June 30, 2010 is to be honoured," read a statement from Bayern

It added: "To this day, we have not discussed a transfer with Manchester United or any other club and there will be no future talks over a transfer of Hargreaves.

"FC Bayern Munich have informed Manchester United on this day, Friday August 18 2006, that they must end their advances for Owen Hargreaves."

i guess the Reds aren't going to get any. :P

Manchester United 5 - 1 Fulham

http://home.skysports.com/images/playerpics06_07/Premiership/ManUtd/rooney_ronaldo_celeb.jpg

4 goals in a space of 20 minutes and Rooney capping 2 goals...a great start for Manchester United, hopefully this run can continue and get some wins under the belt!!!

http://home.skysports.com/images/playerpics06_07/Premiership/ManUtd/rooney_ronaldo_celeb.jpg

4 goals in a space of 20 minutes and Rooney capping 2 goals...a great start for Manchester United, hopefully this run can continue and get some wins under the belt!!!

hmmm... about to do some torrid kissing, eh?

Whatdahell happened to Arsenal?! And Tottenham?! And Liverpool?! Ganda ng game nung MIDDLESBROUGH-READING!

oo nga. na dissapoint ako sa TOT!They gave away two goals in just a span of 15 mins or even less!!

Galing talaga ng Manunited!!

Glory Glory MANCHESTER UNITED!!!! :cool: :mtc:

i hope so too! watch out Charlton.

But i must say this photo bothers me :blink:

Hammers romp home

Two second-half goals from Bobby Zamora made it a disappointing return to Upton Park for new Charlton manager Iain Dowie as the Hammers ran out 3-1 winners.

Dowie, who enjoyed two spells at West Ham as a player, saw his side take a 14th-minute lead with a controversial penalty from Darren Bent.

But his hopes of getting off to a winning start were made virtually impossible by the dismissal of debutant left-back Djimi Traore in the 26th minute. Traore, a £2million signing from Liverpool, was booked for a foul on Lee Bowyer in the 23rd minute and shown the red card three minutes later when he prevented the home side from taking a quick free-kick.

The home side's sustained pressure brought them an equaliser in the 51st minute through Zamora. He capitalised on Charlton's failure to cut out a low right-wing cross from Bowyer to poke the ball home at the far post.

West Ham deservedly went in front in the 65th minute, as Zamora hooked the ball against the inside of the left-hand upright and over the line.

Alan Pardew's men completed the scoring in the last seconds of injury time when substitute Carlton Cole finished superbly with his first touch of the ball after replacing Marlon Harewood.

Hammers romp home

Two second-half goals from Bobby Zamora made it a disappointing return to Upton Park for new Charlton manager Iain Dowie as the Hammers ran out 3-1 winners.

Dowie, who enjoyed two spells at West Ham as a player, saw his side take a 14th-minute lead with a controversial penalty from Darren Bent.

But his hopes of getting off to a winning start were made virtually impossible by the dismissal of debutant left-back Djimi Traore in the 26th minute. Traore, a £2million signing from Liverpool, was booked for a foul on Lee Bowyer in the 23rd minute and shown the red card three minutes later when he prevented the home side from taking a quick free-kick.

The home side's sustained pressure brought them an equaliser in the 51st minute through Zamora. He capitalised on Charlton's failure to cut out a low right-wing cross from Bowyer to poke the ball home at the far post.

West Ham deservedly went in front in the 65th minute, as Zamora hooked the ball against the inside of the left-hand upright and over the line.

Alan Pardew's men completed the scoring in the last seconds of injury time when substitute Carlton Cole finished superbly with his first touch of the ball after replacing Marlon Harewood.

nice win by the hammers. I hope they prolong their stay at the top filght :D

Juventus is sick! They will go to civil courts with their appeal. We all know that no government or civil org can interfere with sports bodies. That is a basic mandate in IOC regulations!

FIFA is threatening to ban all Italian national teams in all competitions including but not limited to Under 21s, Under 23s, Olympics and most importantly the World Cup, if Juve pushes through with its civil case. That means if Italy is banned, the current world champions won't be able to defend.

Tarnished na nga ang image ng Juventus idadamay pa ang buong Italian soccer. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Fcuk Juve! :grr: Cheats! :angry: Forget about their tradition and reputation all I will remember of them is that they are CHEATS!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

Juventus is sick! They will go to civil courts with their appeal. We all know that no government or civil org can interfere with sports bodies. That is a basic mandate in IOC regulations!

FIFA is threatening to ban all Italian national teams in all competitions including but not limited to Under 21s, Under 23s, Olympics and most importantly the World Cup, if Juve pushes through with its civil case. That means if Italy is banned, the current world champions won't be able to defend.

Tarnished na nga ang image ng Juventus idadamay pa ang buong Italian soccer. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Fcuk Juve! :grr: Cheats! :angry: Forget about their tradition and reputation all I will remember of them is that they are CHEATS!!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

I feel you, bro. I'm a Juve fan but I hate their management commitee. They kept on pushing their issue eventhough they're obviously guilty.

BTW, nice win by Boro. Chelsea showed early vulnerability. Let's hope the other teams will be able to take shots as well.

Manchester United with a win over Charlton, 3-0, what a great start for the Red Devils, last game was 5-1 over Aston Villa (i think, i'm not sure..)..

Unbelievably, Chelsea lost 2-1 to Middlesborough, two late goals to win the game for Boro, what the hell is happening to Chelsea? two losses in a span of two weeks? (they lost to Liverpool in the Community Shield..) i thought buying Sheva, Ballack & Kalou would strengthen the side..maybe the team needs time to gel..

i sure hope this is the start of the ascendancy of ManU back into the EPL, Sir Alex should buy Hargreaves..i wasn't able to watch the Charlton game but by what I'm hearing, Carrick played great, he was a substitute for Scholes in th 77th minute..

The other top teams: Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea & Tottenham are having miserable starts..Liverpool & Arsenal w/ draws in their 1st game & Chelsea & Tottenham having losses in their first & second games respectively..

Real Madrid wants Kaka & AC Milan want Ronaldo: is it a swap? for me its a loss for AC Milan if they swap players, Kaka still has lots of years ahead of him while Ronaldo is in the end of his career..

On the CL draw: ManU's group has Copenhagen, Celtic & Benfica..Benfica is still a threat, they are a great counter attacking team..Celtic can upset us but I think ManU can easily beat them..I don't know much about Copenhagen but I think its a sure win for ManU..

Chelsea & Barcelona on the same group again, damn, this will be a war when they meet again, if Chelsea can't find the chemistry they need to win, I think Barsa will easily dominate them..

Real Madrid & Lyon on the same group, I think Lyon was severly weakened when they lost key players during the transfer season, I hope Real Madrid can comeback to their winning ways..

Excited na ko sa bagong season..Go Manchester United!!!!...

I feel you, bro. I'm a Juve fan but I hate their management commitee. They kept on pushing their issue eventhough they're obviously guilty.

sorry to lash out at your team like that. :D but they could show more class under the circumstances. :cool:

anyway, the Primera Liga is underway and here is Don Fabio's first ever teamsheet for the new season.

TEAMSHEET:

# Goalkeepers: Casillas and Diego López.

# Defenders: Salgado, Roberto Carlos, Cannavaro, Cicinho, Raúl Bravo, Woodgate, Pavón and Mejía.

# Midfielders: Baptista, Robinho, Guti, Emerson, Diarra, Beckham and Javi García.

# Forwards: Raúl, Van Nistelrooy and Cassano.

Very notable ang exclusion ni Phenom. I still think they need him, I hope they don't sell Ronaldo. :unsure:

im not surrprised that juv are doing anything they can to overturn their faith this comming season. afterall Juventus like all other clubs is a business. Being out of Serrie A,Cl etc... is very bad for business. but the thing they are tryi ng to pull off is very uncalled for for a club of their stature.

parang si gloria yung juv pala :P buking na lulusot parin.the only difference is glorias getting away with her dirty tricks and juv looks like they are gonna pay for their actions -_- ( no offence to juv or the maddame president :P )