The Football Thread

Labuyo

england draws with brazil, 1-1..

beckham gets standing ovation when he leaves the game..i hope with this game, england can get their groove back..

with ManUtd four current strikers, the problem is the only consistent player is rooney..saha&smith were injured most of last season, i hope this coming year they get to play more; sir alex can have more attacking options if he can change it up upfront..solksjaer was a good substition if a game was in a stalemate, he always brought something to the game that changed it for ManUtd and made them win..one of the best signings for ManUtd was Henrik Larsson..

nani and andersen transfer cost was 31million..hargreaves was 17million..sir alex claims they are still planning to sign a player before the season starts..

I think Solskajaer should retire if F. Torrez decides to sign with united. Keeping too many strikers and not encorporating them in the squad will mke them loose their touch. (Look at Real's strikers and their lack of squad rotation. But,believe you me over-rotation is bad too. look at Liverpool whenever Benitez does too much rotation they end up loosing even though they played well.) Unted should sign good young defenders like Alex and Mexes. Alex woould be unted's Ashley Cole. Mexes would be like a Carragher.

He is the NUFC capatin right? He better hold on now that Big Sam is the new NUFC gaffer. I hope Big sam would take a leaf out of the Bolton book and upgrade NUFC.

(a-hole mode,pardon me city fans if there are any)

For me there is only one team in Manchester, its Manchester United. Hiring another washed up rent-boy won't help your lot,specialy without some key players like James and Reyna.

United gould use a good defender like him. But if R. Carlols decides to retire this season, I think he would be a good replacement. Eventhough he is not an attact-minded/goal scorer like R. Carlos his a pretty solid defender so I think he would be ok for them.

wasn't Platini elected?

Platini got elected as the president of UEFA.

Pizarro accepts Chelsea challenge

Chelsea FC have made their second high-profile signing of the summer capturing forward Claudio Pizarro on a free transfer from FC Bayern München.

Title ambition

Having already acquired out-of-contract midfielder Steve Sidwell from Reading FC last month, José Mourinho has added to his striking options with the Peruvian international completing a medical and agreeing personal terms at Stamford Bridge today. "I think it's very important for me to win some titles and I have the chance here to win them," Pizarro said. "The most important thing is the [uEFA] Champions League which I was looking to win with Bayern, but we didn't have the chance."

Pivotal part

The 28-year-old moved to Bayern before the 2001/02 season having impressed in two previous campaigns at Werder Bremen. He went on to play 174 Bundesliga games for the club, scoring 70 goals, and played a pivotal part in their successive league and cup doubles in 2004/05 and 2005/06. Capped 45 times by his country, Pizarro made ten appearances in this season's UEFA Champions League, scoring four goals. While English runners-up Chelsea will enter the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League group stage, Bayern will play in the UEFA Cup after finishing fourth in Germany.

Bayern to tie up Toni transfer

Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge announced today that FC Bayern München expect to unveil ACF Fiorentina and Italy striker Luca Toni on 8 June, the €11m transfer being the first of a series of big-money moves planned for the summer.

Hero status

Having finished fourth in the Bundesliga to miss out on UEFA Champions League football for the first time in eleven seasons, Bayern are determined to ensure a swift return to European football's top table and regain their German crown. Rummenigge confirmed a deal has been reached with Fiorentina, where Toni enjoys hero status after scoring 47 Serie A goals in two campaigns following a switch from US Città di Palermo. The 30-year-old forward said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Florence and am very grateful to the fans for the great time I had here."

Surgery

Viola president Andrea Della Valle added: "We wish Luca all the best and a successful future. We'll miss him and I'm sure he'll miss Florence. His going to Munich [instead of another Italian team] was his final service to the club and city of Florence." Toni is recovering from surgery on his injured left foot and will sit out Italy's UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifiers in the Faroe Islands and Lithuania on 2 and 6 June.

Tottenham to keep Keane

Tottenham Hotspur FC striker Robbie Keane has signed a new five-year contract that will keep the Republic of Ireland international at the north London club until 2012.

'Exciting time'

The 26-year-old has scored 65 goals in 161 English Premier League games for Tottenham since joining for €10m from Leeds United AFC in August 2002. "I have felt really settled and happy at Spurs and that is probably one of the reasons I have played the best football of my career here," said Keane, who managed five goals too in Tottenham's run to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup, a competition they will also enter in 2007/08. "It is an exciting time at the club and I am looking forward to even better seasons ahead."

Juninho extends Lyon stay

Juninho Pernambucano has signed a two-year contract extension with French champions Olympique Lyonnais, keeping him at the club until June 2010.

History maker

The 32-year-old Brazilian international playmaker, who arrived at Stade de Gerland from CR Vasco da Gama in June 2001, is one of four players who have contributed to the historic six consecutive French titles won by Lyon. Juninho has scored ten goals in 30 Ligue 1 games this season but had reportedly been considering his future following the team's defeat in the UEFA Champions League first knockout round by AS Roma. He has made 186 league appearances for Lyon to date, registering 59 goals.

DAVID BECKHAM recalled for ENGLAND Squad... di pa ako sure pero kailangan yata talaga si david beckham sa team

maganda pa pinapakita nya sa real madrid and nanganganib yata na hindi makasama sa euro2008 ang england eh, wala pang panalo, last game draw against israel.. tzk tsk....

kung ako si mc laren babalik ko talaga sya for right wing and left wing nalang si gerrard

ganito bali line up ko

rooney crouch

gerrard hargreaves lampard beckham

a.cole terry ferdinand carragher

robinson/ james

ok ba ?

Yeah, i agree with u hehehehehe :upside: :boo:

Ayos! Inter si Redshirt and then ACMilan naman si Bubuy. How about Roma, Fiorentina? Any supporters?

Technically, Juve has ageing (but probably still good) players. I really hope Ranieri will be able to bring in some world-class players rather than focusing on the youth. Since Juve already have Iaquinta, they should get a world class midfielder and a defender.

Sana ipalabas sa Solar Sports yung final fixtures ng Primera Liga. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by dj_flip03

kindly enlighten me. I was watching tv the other day and the sportscaster said Real are bound to win the La Liga if they keep on winning. But when I check the yahoo sports site it says Barca are up because of goal difference but real has more wins. If it stays like that at the end of the season... who will be crowned as La Liga champs?

before kasi pag tie sa total points, it used to be the goal difference was used as the tiebreaker.. but i think sa La Liga binago nila recently, yung head to head matchup between the two teams at the top ang tie breaker..

kung pareho draw yung head to head nila.. whoever scored more away goals.. kung tie pa din, yung total goal difference na ang tie breaker..

im also not sure kung la liga lang ang ganun system or all major euro leagues na din..

correct me if im wrong though.. :)

Yeah, i agree with u hehehehehe :upside: :boo:

RED FLAG... MANCHESTER UNITED song echoes @ old trafford.

United's flag is deepest red: it shrouded all our munich dead;

before their limbs grew stiff and cold; their heart's blood dyed its ev'ry fold;

then raise united's banner high; beneath its shade we'll live and die;

so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here.

"then raise united's banner high; beneath it's shade we'll live and die; so keep the faith and never fear; we'll keep the red flag flying here.WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE WE'LL KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH; CAUSE MAN.UNITED WILL NEVER DIE....... MANCHESTER UNITED FC, WILL NEVER DIE..........