The Football Thread

Labuyo

and to add,i think i have never claimed that im a punter or whatever you call those people who analize the beautiful game.i just post my biased vews as an England,Manchester United and a Real Madrid fan :D you can ridicule my stubborn views but calling me a noob is a little over the line mate.

and as i have said i would still think that england,manu and RM are the best even though they play like rubbish,thats what being a fan is :)and i dont think calling someone's hero names isnt nice too. what would u feel if someone said your hero sucks,wouldnt you rise into his defence? i know Becks will never be good as Ronladhino but as long as he plays,he will always be my hero. :lol:

I am not in anyway implying that you dont have your right to express your views(i think that this thread is a democracy naman diba? :) ) about footballers but,you must keep in mind the feelings of others who have high regard towards those players.

to sum it all up peace tayo Mr.Underground,you have your right to post your views and so do I. I hope we could co-enhibit here in this thread in harmony :)

Go England!!!!

just finished watching the USA vs Czech...3-0 to the Czech Republic...overall it was an exciting match from top to bottom, USA didnt play bad they just didnt make their chances count...Czech only had 45% of possessions but when the chances came they made it and nailed it...The attack of the USA was fluid but their defence & final touch fell short...

before that i watched my Australia vs Japan...I was betting for Japan all the way and they couldve won it but i felt they went into a defensive position too early...they had chances too but didnt make them count, defensive errors in the end led to the two Tim Cahill goals and John Aloisi scoring in the later minutes...

Italy vs Ghana coming up...

bro i believe ikaw ang noobie dito sa thread na ito.

if you don't like other people's views you have two options:

you can choose to ignore the posts which aren't to your liking or you can choose not to go to this thread. :)

i don't mind reading contrasting and conflicting views, but there are ways to express them properly without humiliating other posters/members.

:mtc:

lol You are the biggest noob around IMO as you dont even reply to the things written here as i think you dont know crap about soccer anywayz ;) I have my own opinion so you cant get rid of my right to write down my thoughts/view on this thread ;)

A newbie (Leet: n00b) is a newcomer to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the Internet, where it might refer to new, inexperienced, or ignorant users of a game, a newsgroup, an operating system or the Internet itself.

You also have two options: (As a global mod or whatever you post is)

1. Whether to use the mod template to edit my post or to just send me a warning via pm regarding such talk. You are indeed a noob in your own right as well if you didnt think of that first.

2. You can choose to ignore this and forget this happened ;)

I am not humiliating this redshirt dude or whatever you call him. I am just expressing my views in regards to his replies which are indeed crap.

I am just socially rejecting him for his replies ;)

lol You are the biggest noob around IMO as you dont even reply to the things written here as i think you dont know crap about soccer anywayz ;) I have my own opinion so you cant get rid of my right to write down my thoughts/view on this thread ;)

A newbie (Leet: n00b) is a newcomer to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the Internet, where it might refer to new, inexperienced, or ignorant users of a game, a newsgroup, an operating system or the Internet itself.

You also have two options: (As a global mod or whatever you post is)

1. Whether to use the mod template to edit my post or to just send me a warning via pm regarding such talk. You are indeed a noob in your own right as well if you didnt think of that first.

2. You can choose to ignore this and forget this happened ;)

I am not humiliating this redshirt dude or whatever you call him. I am just expressing my views in regards to his replies which are indeed crap.

I am just socially rejecting him for his replies ;)

im with Bubuy on this, if you dont like his opinions or peoples views & posts then construct in a way without humiliating others...

just finished watching the USA vs Czech...3-0 to the Czech Republic...overall it was an exciting match from top to bottom, USA didnt play bad they just didnt make their chances count...Czech only had 45% of possessions but when the chances came they made it and nailed it...The attack of the USA was fluid but their defence & final touch fell short...

before that i watched my Australia vs Japan...I was betting for Japan all the way and they couldve won it but i felt they went into a defensive position too early...they had chances too but didnt make them count, defensive errors in the end led to the two Tim Cahill goals and John Aloisi scoring in the later minutes...

Italy vs Ghana coming up...

Yea nice game ;) Czech sure did pawn ass ! US i think should send their players in Euroopean clubs cuz they still play the old type of set pieces and tactics.

I am also sad for Japan, in just 15 mins... 3 goals by Australie came in their defenses by Cahill... :(

I was hoping Japan could pawn the Aussies :(

WC 2006

Group A

Germany

Poland

Costa Rica

Ecuador

Group B

Sweden

England

Paraguay

Trinidad & Tobago

Group C

Holland

Argentina

Serbia & Montenegro

Ivory Coast

Group D

Mexico

Portugal

Iran

Angola

Group E

Czech Republic

USA

Italy

Ghana

Group F

Brazil

Croatia

Australia

Japan

Group G

France

South Korea

Togo

Switzerland

Group H

Ukraine

Spain

Tunisia

Saudi Arabia

Okay guys, choose 2 counties in each group and tell me who will be 1st and 2nd in their groups ;)

WC 2006

Group A

Germany

Poland

Costa Rica

Ecuador

Group B

Sweden

England

Paraguay

Trinidad & Tobago

Group C

Holland

Argentina

Serbia & Montenegro

Ivory Coast

Group D

Mexico

Portugal

Iran

Angola

Group E

Czech Republic

USA

Italy

Ghana

Group F

Brazil

Croatia

Australia

Japan

Group G

France

South Korea

Togo

Switzerland

Group H

Ukraine

Spain

Tunisia

Saudi Arabia

Okay guys, choose 2 counties in each group and tell me who will be 1st and 2nd in their groups ;)

my selections are in bold and larger font...1st place is in Red

Thats interesting... Poland ? Why? ;)

I really dunno why it was more of a wild selection...I know any of the other two in Ecuador & Costa Rica can reach the 2nd stage...but i just went along with Poland...more likely Ecuador will go through but then Costa Rica could defeat them...like i said it was a wild selection and those three teams are wild as they come...

Yea nice game ;) Czech sure did pawn ass ! US i think should send their players in Euroopean clubs cuz they still play the old type of set pieces and tactics.

it's not just a matter of them sending their players to european clubs to improve their game, the question is, are there european clubs willing to take them in to their fold?

tim howard was a flop at goalkeeping during his stint at manchester united.but on a brighter note,there is this american striker that plays for everton in the premiership.i think his name is mcbride,name escapes me at the moment.

it's not just a matter of them sending their players to european clubs to improve their game, the question is, are there european clubs willing to take them in to their fold?

tim howard was a flop at goalkeeping during his stint at manchester united.but on a brighter note,there is this american striker that plays for everton in the premiership.i think his name is mcbride,name escapes me at the moment.

Yes there are tons of clubs who could take them in. First Division in the U.K has tons of clubs, they could send their players over there for training and there are also La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A even Russian League.. there are a lot of opportunites but its always about Americans having a mind set of they will knw everything in their country.. Clubs should promote internship programs or they could just go to the top clubs in reserves and not in the first team. Lots of chances there ;)

Yes there are tons of clubs who could take them in. First Division in the U.K has tons of clubs, they could send their players over there for training and there are also La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A even Russian League.. there are a lot of opportunites but its always about Americans having a mind set of they will knw everything in their country.. Clubs should promote internship programs or they could just go to the top clubs in reserves and not in the first team. Lots of chances there ;)

Yes there are tons of clubs who can take them in but its a matter of clubs wanting to take them in and spending money on them...im very sure there are heaps of USA players that went to Europe doing alot of trails with major clubs but were unlucky to get in...Its like Japan, Nigeria & a few others that have talented players but fail to make impact in Europe...

Heres the list of USA-Euro based players 10 out 23:

Tim Howard

Kasey Keller

Marcus Hahnemann

Carlos Bocanegra

Steve Cherundolo

Eddie Lewis

Bobby Convey

Claudia Reyna

DaMarcus Beasley

Brian McBride

and John O'Brien played for Ajax before moving back to the USA because of injuries...

and the most popular USA player Landon Donovan had a brief spell in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen but failed to make any major impact so went back to MLS however one of the main reasons why he turned his back on Europe was because he wanted to spend more time with his soon to be wife actress Bianca Kajlich.

In future i can see Edward Johnson & Freddy Adu going over to Europe and making a name for themselves...

Edited by luol_deng

so the aussies now have a legit chance of making past the second round...i was rooting for japan pa naman...

us got owned...hahaha

pustahan tayo pag umabot sila ng final(well not in this world cup) and win the championship it would be like they're the best talaga and soccer has always been in their fold...

quoting dobs... "damn americans"

WORLD CUP LATEST SCORES:

CZECH REPUBLIC 3:0 USA

KOLLER ('5)

ROSICKY ('36, '76)

ITALY 2:0 GHANA

PIRLO ('40)

IAQUINTA ('83)

AUSTRALIA 3:1 JAPAN

CAHILL ('84, '89) NAKAMURA ('26)

ALOISI ('92+)

Peace lang tyo dudes, wag mangaway ng posts ng iba, make love not war, magfootball na lang tayo..

favorites to win WC aside from obvious BRAZIL..for me, England, Argentina, Italy and Holland..

Dark Horses..Germany, Czech Republic, France, and Portugal..

so glad the Czechs trahsed the USA. I hope FIFA will wake up and see they made some mistakes in ranking.

there are a lot of american/ half american players playing in Europe but only the high profile one that make it to the US squad. The US would like to get players form their domestic league to prove to the world that they are up to par with the football level in europe. But unknown to their ego's is that they are still a few steps behind.

so glad the Czechs trahsed the USA. I hope FIFA will wake up and see they made some mistakes in ranking.

there are a lot of american/ half american players playing in Europe but only the high profile one that make it to the US squad. The US would like to get players form their domestic league to prove to the world that they are up to par with the football level in europe. But unknown to their ego's is that they are still a few steps behind.

its not FIFAs fault its all down to points...and those points are then caluclated which leads into the team rankings...USA had a good qualifying run, friendles and other fixtures which gave them major amount of points...

South Korea vs Togo on now...i'll keep u informed...

I think it's not a good basis for the team for the rankings. As I watched the pre-game of the USA vs Czech, the analysts noted that USAs ranking are not a good way to base your top picks because although the USA team had a lot of victories they haven't encountered any of the European teams for the qualifier. As was very obvious, the USA team seems to be in perfect offense at the 1st half, but when the Czechs have already scouted their plays it's too obvious that the Czech team is a far more better team than the US. I think it goes also for all th european teams. The US can't downplay the fact that they don't have exposure to bigger teams like the europeans.