Construction - Residential,commercial, Atbp.

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY TO THOSE READING THIS THREAD.. ITS JUST THAT I HAVE QUITE BUSY THIS PAST FEW MONTHS

AS MOST OF US KNOW THAT DURING THIS TIME IN PARTICULAR..WHEN THE CALENDAR YEAR ENDS, AND SOON AFTER THE FISCAL CALENDAR

ENDS AND WILL SOON BEGIN..HOT MONEY FLOWS QUITE LIBERALLY ( SEE BUSINESS SECTION OF THE DAILIES )

AS PER ADVISE..THOSE ASKING CERTAIN QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE IMPLEMENTING POWERS OF THE HLURB

SUCH AS THAT FOR BP 220 & PD 957

1.What are the latest minimum design standards ?

Under BP 220

Minimum lot area

Single Detached - 72 sqm for economic housing;

64 sqm for socialized housing

Duplex/Single Attached - 54 sqm for economic housing;

48 sqm for socialized housing

Rowhouse - 36 sqm for economic housing;

32 sqm for socialized housing

Minimum floor area

22 sqm for economic housing; 18 sqm for socialized housing

Under PD 957

Minimum lot area

Single Detached - 120 sqm for open market housing;

100 sqm for medium cost housing

Duplex/Single Attached - 96 sqm for open market housing;

80 sqm for medium cost housing

Rowhouse - 60 sqm for open market housing;

50 sqm for medium cost housing

Minimum floor area

42 sqm for open market housing;

30 sqm for medium cost housing

What are the latest price ceilings?

The current price ceilings as set by the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) are the following:

Socialized housing = PHP 300,000.00 and below;

Low Cost

- Level 1 = above PHP 300,000.00 to PHP 1,250, 000.00 (BP 220 standard);

- Level 2 = above PHP 1,250,000.00 to PHP 2,000,000.00 (PD 957 standard);

Medium cost = PHP 2,000,000.00 up to PHP 4,000,000.00;

Open Housing = above PHP 4,000,000.00

Are the revised IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220 already in effect?

The revised IRRs which were approved per Board Resolutions No. 699 and 700, Series of 2001 took effect last 06 May 2002.

Amendments approved per Board Resolution No. 725, Series of 2002 took effect on 26 July 2002.

How do we get copies of the new IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220?

Copies of the IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220 are available at the Rules and Standards Development Group, 2nd Floor of the HLURB Central Office, Kalayaan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon city. Requesting parties are charged P200 per copy to cover cost of printing.

Where can 20% compliance to balanced housing requirement be located?

The 20% socialized housing requirement can be located within the same city or municipality as the main project. In cases where this is not feasible,

the compliance project may be located in any city or municipality within the same region or in any city or municipality within the regions adjacent to it.

JUST KEEP ON POSTING EM QUESTIONS !!! :thumbsupsmiley:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTIONS CONCERNING HLURB TERMINOLOGY

What is a subdivision project?

Subdivision project refers to a parcel of land registered under Act No. 496 which is partitioned into individual lots for

residential, commercial, industrial or other purposes with or without improvements thereon, and offered for sale to the public.

What is a condominium project?

Condominium project refers to the entire parcel of real property divided or to be divided into condominium units

for residential, commercial, industrial or other purposes, including the structure thereon.

Can a chapel be constructed in open space reserved for parks and playgrounds?

No. Open space reserved for parks and playground is non-buildable and chapel as well as other subdivision’s facilities

may only be constructed in open space not reserved for parks and playground.

Can a Developer sell the subdivision’s open space?

No because subdivision’s open space is beyond the commerce of man.

Can an owner/developer of a subdivision project impose a height limitation on the house to be constructed therein?

Yes, in order to preserve the style and uniformity of project but height limitation should not be contrary to the

approved zoning ordinance the same will be deemed inoperative.

Hello Sir,

i'm thingking about having a house built. however, my lot is only 200 sq. meters. the space seems to small to accomodate my needs if i built just a two-storey house. would it be better to construct a three-storey house in this lot or should i buy a bigger lot and contruct a two-storey house there?

• 2 weeks later...

boss nasty, magtatanong lang sana. gusto ko sanang dimensions ng ground floor ko is 8m x 7m. gusto ko sana mejo mataas konti ang kisame ng ground floor at walang dibisyon sa ground floor para maaliwalas tingnan. sa second floor naman, ang magiging sahig ng second floor is semento din pati na exterior walls, bale ung division ng mga kwarto sa taas e wood na lang. ilang intermediate columns po ba kelangan sa 8ms and sa 7ms? pwede po bang maging crosswise lang ang crossbeams (tama ba tawag dun?) na tatawid ng area or kriskros pa din?

• 3 months later...

ALL READERS OF THE THREAD!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY LONG ABSENCE...

REST ASSURED THAT NASTYMERLIN27 IS STILL IN CIRCULATION, ALBEIT A BIT MORE

BUSY THAN BEFORE...

SO ANY QUERIES PLS DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK AND I WILL TRY TO ANSWER THEM THE SOONEST..

GODSPEED TO ALL!!

NASTYMERLIN27 :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 months later...

SORRY BUT ITS BEEN QUITE A WHILE INDEED :sleepysmiley03:

I HAD NOTED THAT SOME USUALLY HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING SIZE AND THE RATIONALE BEHIND THE PD 927 &

BP220..SO LET MJE SOME QUOTE SOME BASICS :

Q )What are the latest minimum design standards ?

A )Under BP 220

Minimum lot area

Single Detached - 72 sqm for economic housing; 64 sqm for socialized housing

Duplex/Single Attached - 54 sqm for economic housing; 48 sqm for socialized housing

Rowhouse - 36 sqm for economic housing; 32 sqm for socialized housing

Minimum floor area

22 sqm for economic housing; 18 sqm for socialized housing

Under PD 957

Minimum lot area

Single Detached - 120 sqm for open market housing; 100 sqm for medium cost housing

Duplex/Single Attached - 96 sqm for open market housing; 80 sqm for medium cost housing

Rowhouse - 60 sqm for open market housing; 50 sqm for medium cost housing

Minimum floor area

42 sqm for open market housing; 30 sqm for medium cost housing

Q ) What are the latest price ceilings?

A ) The current price ceilings as set by the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council (HUDCC) are the following:

Socialized housing = PHP 300,000.00 and below;

Low Cost

- Level 1 = above PHP 300,000.00 to PHP 1,250, 000.00 (BP 220 standard);

- Level 2 = above PHP 1,250,000.00 to PHP 2,000,000.00 (PD 957 standard);

Medium cost = PHP 2,000,000.00 up to PHP 4,000,000.00;

Open Housing = above PHP 4,000,000.00

Q) Are the revised IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220 already in effect?

The revised IRRs which were approved per Board Resolutions No. 699 and 700, Series of 2001 took effect last 06 May 2002. Amendments approved per Board Resolution No. 725, Series of 2002 took effect on 26 July 2002.

Q) How do we get copies of the new IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220?

A) Copies of the IRRs for PD 957 and BP 220 are available at the Rules and Standards Development Group, 2nd Floor of the HLURB Central Office, Kalayaan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon city. Requesting parties are charged P200 per copy to cover cost of printing.

Q) Where can 20% compliance to balanced housing requirement be located?

A) The 20% socialized housing requirement can be located within the same city or municipality as the main project. In cases where this is not feasible, the compliance project may be located in any city or municipality within the same region or in any city or municipality within the regions adjacent to it.

KEEP THOSE QUESTIONS COMING FOLKS !!!

MGA TANONG NA PANG-SUBDIVISION:

Q) What is a subdivision project?

A) Subdivision project refers to a parcel of land registered under Act No. 496 which is partitioned into individual lots for residential, commercial, industrial or other purposes with or without improvements thereon, and offered for sale to the public.

Q) What is a condominium project?

A) Condominium project refers to the entire parcel of real property divided or to be divided into condominium units for residential, commercial, industrial or other purposes, including the structure thereon.

Q) Can a chapel be constructed in open space reserved for parks and playgrounds?

A) No. Open space reserved for parks and playground is non-buildable and chapel as well as other subdivision’s facilities may only be constructed in open space not reserved for parks and playground. < AS YOU CAN SEE IT IS THE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION THAT AT TIMES DECIDE ON THIS >

Q) Can a Developer sell the subdivision’s open space?

A) No because subdivision’s open space is beyond the commerce of man.

Q) Can an owner/developer of a subdivision project impose a height limitation on the house to be constructed therein?

A) Yes, in order to preserve the style and uniformity of project but height limitation should not be contrary to the approved zoning ordinance the same will be deemed inoperative. < IF YOU CAN REMEMBER IF YOU BACKREAD..THIS IS PART OF THE RESTRICTIVE CONTRACT THAT YOU SIGN WHEN YOU BUY THE PROEPRTY..PLS READ YOUR DOCUMENTS BEFORE HAND SO YOU WILL KNOW >

KEEP THOSE QUESTIONS COMING :thumbsupsmiley:

MGA TANONG NA PANG-SUBDIVISION ULIT...

PARA MAS LALONG MAINTINDIHAN...

Q) Sino ang maaaring magtatag ng Homeowners’ Association?

A) Ang maaaring magtatag ng asosasyon ay mga nakatira sa subdivision na wala pang asosasyon at mga taong nais magakaroon ng bahay at lupa sa ilalim ng mga programang pabahay ng pamahalaan.

Q) Saan nagpapaparehistro ng Homeowners’ Association?

A) Ang asosasyon ay ipinarerehistro sa regional office ng HLURB na nakakasakop sa subdivision o lupang nais bilhin ng asosasyon.

Q) Ilan dapat ang bilang ng incorporators?

A) Ang bilang ng incorporators ay hindi dapat bababa sa lima at hindi hihigit sa labinglima.

Q) Ilan dapat ang bilang ng directors?

A) Ang bilang ng directors ay hindi dapat bababa sa lima at hindi hihigit sa labinglima.

Q) Ilan dapat ang bilang ng mga kasapi ng isang asosasyon?

A) Sa mga asososyon sa subdivision, walang limitasyon ang dami ng miyembro. Sa mga asosasyon ng mga mangungutang sa CMP, ang bilang ng miyembro ay hindi dapat lalampas sa tatlong daan.

Q) Bakit inirerehistro ang isang asosasyon?

A) Inirerehistro ang isang asosasyon upang ito ay magkaroon ng juridical personality na iba sa mga opisyales at kasapi nito.

Q) Ilan dapat ang bilang ng directors o trustee?

A) Ang bilang ng directors o trustees ay hindi dapat bababa sa lima at hindi hihigit sa labinglima katao.

Q) Sapilitan ba ang pagpapatala ng isang asosasyon?

A) Sa mga subdivision, ang pagpapatala ng asosasyon ay hindi sapilitan ngunit sa mga nais mapasailalim ng CMP, ito ay kailangan dahil hindi sila pauutangin kung hindi sila rehistrado.

Q) Ano ba ang alituntunin tungkol sa pangalan ng asosasyon?

A) Ang pangalan ng isang asosasyon ay hindi dapat kasingtulad, kasing tunog o kasing hawig ng isang asosasyon na nakatala o nakarehistro na. Ito ay para maiwasan ang pagkalito ng mga tao kung aling asosasyon ang kanilang kaharap o kausap.

Q) Ano ang nilalaman ng Articles of Incorporation?

A) Ang nilalaman ng Articles of Incorporation ay ang mga sumusunod:

Pangalan ng asosasyon

Pakay ng pagtatag ng asosasyon

Lugar ng opisina ng asosasyon na dapat ay nasa Pilipinas

Tagal ng buhay ng asosasyon

Mga pangalan, nationalities at tirahan ng mga incorporators

Bilang ng mga directors o trustees

Bilang ng kapital, ng mga pangalan, nationalities at tirahan ng mga nag-ambag at kung magkano ang inambag ng bawa’t isa

Iba pang mga bagay na hindi labag sa batas na mahalaga sa pagkakaalam ng mga incorporators

Q) Ano ang mga dapat na nilalaman ng By-Laws?

A) Ang mga dapat na nakasaad sa By-Laws ay ang mga sumusunod:

Lugar, oras at paraan ng pagtawag at pagdaos ng pulong ng mga directors o trustees

Lugar, oras at paraan ng pagtawag at pagdaos ng pangkalahatang pulong

Kinakailangang dami o bilang ng dadalo sa mga pulong at halalan

Paraan ng proxies at paraan ng pagboto ng proxy

Qualifications at disqualifications, tungkulin at pabuya sa mga directors o trustees

Araw ng halalan at paraan ng pagbigay ng paalala o pagtawag ng halalan

Paraan ng paghalal o pagtalaga at tagal ng panunungkulan ng mga director o trustees at mga opisyales

Mga parusa sa paglabag ng mga alituntunin o By-Laws

Mga bagay na mahalaga at kanais-nais para sa asosasyon

Q) Ano ba ang mga kapangyarihan o maaaring gawin ng isang asosasyon?

A) Ang mga maaaring gawin ng isang asosasyon ay ang mga sumusunod:

Maghabla at ihabla sa ilalim ng pangalan ng asosasyon

Ang magmana sa ilalim ng pangalan ng asosasyon habang ito ay hindi pa nabubuwag

Gumamit ng selyo ng isang korporasyon o asosasyon

Pagsusog ng Articles of Incorporation ayon sa Batas Pambansa Bilang 68

Paggawa ng By-Laws na hindi taliwas sa batas, kagandahang asal, polisiya ng publiko at ang pagsususog nito

Tumanggap, bumili, mamigay, umupa, o humawak ng ari-arian ng sang ayon sa batas

Makipag-isa o sumapi sa ibang asosasyon upang makabuo ng isang asosasyon

Mamigay ng mga ari-arian ng asosasyon

Tumanggap ng mga kasapi

Gawing ang mga bagay na ikakatupad ng hangaring ng asosasyon na nakasaad sa Articles of Incorporation na hindi labag sa batas

Q) Ano ang hindi maaaring gawin ng isang asosasyon?

A) Ang isang asosasyon ay hindi maaaring magkaroon o gumawa ng anumang karapatan maliban sa mga ibinibigay dito ng batas at ng Articles of Incorporation at mga kaakibat ng mga kapangyarihang sasabi.

Q) Gaano katagal ang buhay ng isang asosasyon?

A) Ang asosasyon ay maaaring tumagal ng limampung taon, maliban na lang kung ito ay bibigyan pa ng karagdagang panahon o babawasan sa pamamagitan ng pagsusog ng Articles of Incorporation o pagdissolve o pagbuwag nito ng mga opisyales at kasapi nito o ng pamahalaan/HLURB.

Q) Kailan nagsisimula ang buhay ng isang asosasyon?

A) Ang asosasyon ay nagkakaroon ng buhay mula sa araw na ito ay mabigyan ng Certificate of Registration.

Q) Sino ang nag-aapruba ng mga amiyenda sa Articles of Incorporation at By-Laws?

A) Ang majority ng board of directors o trustees ang unang nag-aapruba ng anumang amiyenda sa mga provisions ng Articles of Incorporation at By-Laws at pinagtitibay ito sa pamamagitan ng isang Board Resolution. Pagkatapos, ito ay ipapaapruba sa two-thirds o majority ng mga miyembro ng asosasyon.

Q) Kailan nagkakabisa ang mga inamiyendahan sa Articles of Incorporation at By-Laws?

A) Ang Amended Articles of Incorporation at By-Laws ay nagkakabisa sa araw na ito ay maaprubahan ng HLURB at mabigyan ng Certificate of Filing of Amended Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws kapag naisumite lahat ng requirements ng opisina at ang mga amendments ay di labag sa batas.

Q) Ano ang obligasyon ng asosasyon sa HLURB pagkatapos na ito ay mairehistro?

A) Ang asosasyon ay dapat magsumite sa HLURB ng reportorial requirements ukol sa resulta ng eleksyon ng mga directors at officers at estadong pinansyal ng asosasyon kada taon, depende sa termino ng mga opisyales. Dapat ding patatakan ang mga libro ng asosasyon sa HLURB.

Q) Ano ang epekto kapag ang isang asososasyon ay hindi nakarehistro?

A) Kapag ang isang asosasyon ay hindi nakarehistro at ginagampanan at nag-ooperate sya na gamit ang karapatan at pribilehiyo ng isang rehistradong asosasyon, ang mga opisyales at miyembro nito ang personal na mananagot sa mga obligasyon at mga paglabag sa batas ng nasabing de facto association.

KUNG MERON PA KAYONG MGA TANONG..PAKI POSTE NA LAMANG SA PITAK NA ITO :headsetsmiley:

MGA TANONG NA PANG-SUBDIVISION ULIT...

PARA MAS LALONG MAINTINDIHAN...

Q) Sino ang maaaring magtatag ng Homeowners’ Association?

A) Ang maaaring magtatag ng asosasyon ay mga nakatira sa subdivision na wala pang asosasyon at mga taong nais magakaroon ng bahay at lupa sa ilalim ng mga programang pabahay ng pamahalaan.

KUNG MERON PA KAYONG MGA TANONG..PAKI POSTE NA LAMANG SA PITAK NA ITO :headsetsmiley:

sir, nice posts...

tanong ko lang po kung meron din kayong FAQs tungkol sa mga condos...

thanks...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
question lang po anu pa po ba ang mga construction companies na nagoofer ng madaliang construction and do you have any info or feedback about vazbuilt and jao? thanks po!

I also have the same concern. We have a vacant lot and I'm planning to build an apartment; tipong 2 floors, ground floor will be our house then 2nd floor will be for rent.

I saw this company - http://www.jaobuilders.com, who offers build a house pay later on a 5/10 year term. May nakapag try na ba ng service nila? Any comments/feedback?

Thanks!

hello everyone! was hoping someone can give me an inkling if how much does one normally mark-up a house if builds and sells one. same story as others.. have a small lot, want to build a house on it wondering if would i make more money selling a house and lot vs. just the land. any help/remarks would appreciated.

hello everyone! was hoping someone can give me an inkling if how much does one normally mark-up a house if builds and sells one. same story as others.. have a small lot, want to build a house on it wondering if would i make more money selling a house and lot vs. just the land. any help/remarks would appreciated.

I'm not a real estate broker but I do know construction and a bit of costing. You can always make so much more on building a house on your lot and selling it but you do have to be able to market it and be patient in finding a buyer. On the other hand, its much easier to sell the lot itself since its cheaper and buyers get to do what they want with it. More on this to follow....

post-25839-1231522287.jpg

then sell it as the lot itself. Building a house or a building on a lot needs a lot of time and know-how ifyou want a good, quick return of investment. You gotta know the costing of materials as well as labor and at the end of construction, you got to find a buyer. It also depends on where your lot is situated, if you think its a marketable area where a lot of buyers will be interested in, then, build a house. But still considering all the factors, seling it by the lot itself is so much more hassle free. Cheers, mate n good luck.

post-25839-1231696430.jpg

bro, what i couldn't wait for was your follow-up. did end your 2nd to last post with "more on this to follow". he, he. i guess you misundertood me.

selling the lot would be easy. when i hinted that i was thinking of selling it to the village office, they gave my contact number to both real estate brokers and private individuals alike who have called me regularly inquiring about the lot "for sale."

however, given that i am semi-retired, i am looking for ways to earn extra. that's why i thought of building a house and sell it hoping to make more than i would just selling the land by itself. and that's why i initially wanted to know what was the mark-up on houses and lots (e.g. is it 20% of the construction cost + land)- to see if it is feasible for me to dip my hands in such an endeavor.

hope you can still help. :)

Edited by kanski
  • 4 weeks later...
bro, what i couldn't wait for was your follow-up. did end your 2nd to last post with "more on this to follow". he, he. i guess you misundertood me.

selling the lot would be easy. when i hinted that i was thinking of selling it to the village office, they gave my contact number to both real estate brokers and private individuals alike who have called me regularly inquiring about the lot "for sale."

however, given that i am semi-retired, i am looking for ways to earn extra. that's why i thought of building a house and sell it hoping to make more than i would just selling the land by itself. and that's why i initially wanted to know what was the mark-up on houses and lots (e.g. is it 20% of the construction cost + land)- to see if it is feasible for me to dip my hands in such an endeavor.

hope you can still help. :)

GREETINGS!!

THE BOSS IS BACK...

CURRENTLY ENJOYING THE WEATHER UP HERE IN PAMPANGA..AT CLARK...OVERSEEING SOME PORTIONS OF THE TEXAS

INSTRUMENTS PROJECT HERE...CANNOT COMMENT MUCH ON THE CONDITION..ITS CONFIDENTIAL.

ANYWAY...

Q: however, given that i am semi-retired, i am looking for ways to earn extra. that's why i thought of building a house and sell it hoping to make more than i would just selling the land by itself. and that's why i initially wanted to know what was the mark-up on houses and lots (e.g. is it 20% of the construction cost + land)- to see if it is feasible for me to dip my hands in such an endeavor.

A: madalas kasi depende kung saan yung lupa mo..pwede mong ibenta ng base sa benta kada squaremeter nung mga katabi mo...halimbawa kung malapit ka sa highway..pwede mong ibenta ng mga 20T / sqm tapos mula dun..mag presyo ka ng pagpagwa mo..halimbawa..12T / sqm para sa structure...di kung gano kalaki yung structure mo..say..40sqm tapos up & down eh di 80sqm na yon..multiply mo sa 12T tapos idagdag mo yung presyo ng lupa..yun ang suma..pag-ibebenta mo patungan mo na lang ng 10% kasi dun sa naunang figure may patong pa yon..pag may nag negotiate dun mo na subukan kung pwede pang babaan.

so as it says here..

http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/hl/hl108264.htm

http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/Display_news....09020383349.xml

IN THIS MESSAGE BOARD..MOST HAVE READ THAT I HAVE BEEN VERY CRITICAL OF THOSE BEING UNDER THE ENGINEERING PROFESSION, AND MIND YOU...I ACTUALLY SPEAK MY MIND WHEN PEOPLE OF MY SAME TRADE EXCHANGE BARBS WITH ME..AND AT TIMES GO OVER THEIR HEAD NOT REALIZING THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD...

SO AS THIS SO CALLED PROFESSIONALS ARE TRYING TO SALVAGE THEIR SO-CALLED REPUTATION...LET ME JUST REMIND THE READERS WHAT THEY OUGHT TO REMEMBER.

SO LET ME JUST LOOK AT THE HEADLINE...

World Bank links officials, politicians to road projects scam

Web posted at: 2/3/2009 8:33:49

Source ::: Philippine star

Manila: The World Bank (WB) not only indicted seven contractors for allegedly manipulating three biddings for road projects worth $33m it had offered to finance; it also linked politicians and government officials to the manipulation. In its four-page decision on the case of the seven contractors, the WB accused them of engaging in “fraudulent practices,” including “misrepresentation of facts to influence the procurement (bidding) process for one or more procurement packages.” < LIKE WHAT I HAVE NOTED IN MY PAST POSTINGS HERE...BIDS CAN BE EASILY MANIPULATED..THATS WHY THE QUANTITY SURVEYOR IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THE ESTIMATOR TOO. >

“In addition, they include participation in a collusive scheme, also involving politicians and government officials, whereby awards were directed to particular contractors in exchange for bribes, kickbacks and payments to designated losing bidders,” the WB said. Three of the seven contractors are Filipino companies, while four are Chinese firms. < NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS ONE..KAYA LANG SABIT TALAGA YUNG PINOY..HEHE!!! >

The Filipino contractors are E. C de Luna Construction Corp, owned by Eduardo de Luna, which the World Bank blacklisted permanently; and Cavite Ideal International Construction and Development Corp and CM Pancho Construction, Inc, which were each barred from participating in WB projects for four years. < AS FAR AS I HAVE HEARD..ONE OF THIS FIRMS WAS ACTUALLY CAUGHT IN A RAID BY BSA - BUSINESS SOFTWARE ALLIANCE, FOR USING PIRATED COPIES OF AUTODESK..IM JUST NOT SURE WHO...BUT ANYWAY..AS YOU CAN SEE...THEY HAVE HUGE PROFITS AND YET THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO USE THE SOFTWARE...IM NOT BEING A HYPOCRITE HERE..BUT THE BOTTOMLINE IS THAT THIS SO CALLED TRIPLE A COMPANIES SHOULD TOW THE LINE IN TERMS OF SHOWCASING TO THE WORLD OF THEIR CREDENTIALS...IT IS A SHAME REALLY..AND I HOPE THE DEPT. OF LABOR IS LOOKING INTO THEM IN CASE THEY MIGHT BE LABOR VIOLATORS TOO.. >

The Chinese contractors are China Geo-Engineering Corp, China Road and Bridge Corp, China State Construction Engineering Corp, and China Wuyi Co Ltd. Unlike construction firms participating in biddings for its projects which it can identify and sanction, the WB did not name the politicians and government officials it linked to bid manipulation and who it said were taking bribes and kickbacks.

The officials are presumably from the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), the agency implementing WB-financed projects that conducted the three failed biddings for the $33m worth of roads between 2002 and 2006.

< OF COURSE..THE USUAL SUSPECT..ITS A FACT THAT ITS THE DPWH THAT HANDLES IT..BUT MIND YOU, NOT EVERYONE HAS A DIRTY NOSE...I KNOW OF RESPECTABLE PEOPLE THERE TOO WHO ARE ACTUALLY REAL PROFESSIONALS IN THEIR OWN RIGHT >

The WB withdrew its funding offer after discovering evidence of bid manipulation. During the second hearing of the House committee on public works on the blacklisting of the seven contractors last Wednesday, Nueva Vizcaya Representative Carlos Padilla suggested that the Philippine government should ask the World Bank for the names of politicians and government officials and its evidence against them. < IS THERE REALLY SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO..IF THE ONE WITH THE MONEY GETS IT BACK BECAUSE IT KNOWS THE MONEY IS NOT BEING USED WISELY..SIGE NGA..SINONG MATINONG TAO ANG MAGPAPAUTANG KUNG ALAM NIYANG DI NMAN GAGAMITIN NG MAAYOS YUNG PERA >

“We should be interested in finding out who these people are. In fact, we must prosecute them,” he said. Padilla said it is reports about corruption from international agencies like the WB that give the Philippines the reputation as one of the most corrupt countries in the world. < TAKE NOTE..EVEN AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL SAYS SO.. >

Less than two hours after Padilla made the appeal, the hearing panel chaired by Leyte Representative Roger Mercado cleared the seven blacklisted contractors. < OH WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED..CLEARED ALREADY? >

Mercado said his committee found no evidence that the contractors were engaged in fraudulent and collusive practices as the WB had accused them of doing. Over the weekend, Senator Aquilino Pimentel Jr said a WB official in Washington D C has told him that they are willing to furnish the government the evidence they have against the contractors. < SO THIS PERSON THINKS THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO POINT OR PIN ON THE CONTRACTORS...TAKE NOTE THAT "CONNIVANCE" OR IN FILIPINO "PAKIKIPAGSABWATAN" WAS THE REASON THE WB HAS CORRUPTION ON ITS REPORT..SO HOW CAN YOU PROVE IT IF THE PAPER TRAIL ITSELF IS CONTAMINATED...SO THATS WHY THIS PARTICULAR PROVINCE IS HAVING LANDSLIDE PROBLEMS...MAHIRAP MAGABSUWELTO NG GANUN LANG AH..TAPOS GANUN LANG YON...KULANG SA RESEARCH..DAPAT ITO MAG-COLLEGE MUNA ULIT...BUTI PA YUNG ISA..NAGHINTAY MUNA NG PAPEL BAGO MAG-DESISYON...HINDI SAYNG ANG BOTO KO SA YO SIR!! >

“According to him, we can have access to all these pieces of evidence for the purpose of prosecution. At this point, I cannot elaborate, but there is an ongoing process for the World Bank to provide our country with solid and concrete evidence enough for prosecution,” Pimentel said. < HINDI NGA SAYANG ANG BOTO KO SA YO SIR >

The contractors claimed that the bank punished them without giving them a fair hearing. The WB, however, insisted that it followed due process in deciding to blacklist the seven companies. < ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES...THE ONE ASKING FOR THE LOAN IS THE ONE COMPLAINING TO THE ONE WHO WILL GIVE THE LOAN...KUNG DITO YAN SA SIMPLENG LENGGUA FRANCA..SA TINDAHAN KUNG AYAW MO..WAG MO..WALANG UTANG!! >

In 2006, after the three failed biddings for the WB-financed road projects, President Arroyo approved the recommendation of DPWH Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane for his department to take over the projects and to pursue them using its own funds. In the succeeding biddings, E C De Luna Construction, one of the seven WB-blacklisted firms, won a 100m pesos contract for a road in the Negros provinces. < CAN SOMEBODY TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SO CALLED PROJECT IN NEGROS? >

SO MANY POSSIBLE CONTRACTORS..HOW COME WE CAN'T GET ANY GOOD ONES?

YOU'RE GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE.

• 4 months later...

Good Day

We are thinking of rebuilding our parents house / build a new house. I am currently inquiring about financing this project (READ: PAG IBIG... He he he).

Went to the seminar and trying to complete our requirememts, etc. etc.

One problem that we have is, should we start this project. We need it to finish it quickly and within budget. What I imagine is a rough finish but we can work it out later. What I want it for it to be built to last (like my old grand parents / parents house) and divide it into 2 to 3 separate separate house (me and my sibling and my living parents). Did I mention that we are currently living in the said house?

I've notice that alot of new building todays are built using the steel frame. (please correct if Im wrong). I also notice that they finished rather quickly.

My question is: Which is better? Steel Frame house or tradition construction. in terms of cost, quality, etc. etc.

Also, my house is not readily accessbile from the main road. (READ: Nasa looban kami at masikip and eskinita)

Comments and suggestions please.

Good Day

We are thinking of rebuilding our parents house / build a new house. I am currently inquiring about financing this project (READ: PAG IBIG... He he he).

Went to the seminar and trying to complete our requirememts, etc. etc.

One problem that we have is, should we start this project. We need it to finish it quickly and within budget. What I imagine is a rough finish but we can work it out later. What I want it for it to be built to last (like my old grand parents / parents house) and divide it into 2 to 3 separate separate house (me and my sibling and my living parents). Did I mention that we are currently living in the said house?

I've notice that alot of new building todays are built using the steel frame. (please correct if Im wrong). I also notice that they finished rather quickly.

My question is: Which is better? Steel Frame house or tradition construction. in terms of cost, quality, etc. etc.

Also, my house is not readily accessbile from the main road. (READ: Nasa looban kami at masikip and eskinita)

Comments and suggestions please.

1. kung PAGIBIG loan house mo, baka di matapos ng maayos at sa oras kasi mabagal mag release ng pera.

2. Kung steel frame roof, concrete wall yan ang ok. remember may kalawang sa steel kaya di dapat buong bahay ay yari sa steel.

Was wondering if you could provide more details. i.e. Construction that specialize on Steel Frame. Are you recommending steel frame houses. Pricing issue (mas mahal b ang steel frame house compared to traditional construction method) so on and so forth...

• 3 months later...
Was wondering if you could provide more details. i.e. Construction that specialize on Steel Frame. Are you recommending steel frame houses. Pricing issue (mas mahal b ang steel frame house compared to traditional construction method) so on and so forth...

SORRY FOR THE LONG ABSENCE..BEIN SLAYING DEMONS LATELY SO TO SPEAK...

MAS MAHAL TALAGA PA STEEL..PERO HINDI NAMN LAHAT KAILANGAN STEEL..KAYA NGA MAY TERM SA CIVIL ENGINEERING NA "COMPOSITE STRUCTURE" MAY HALO NA KAHOY AT BATO (KONKRETO).

MAHAL PERO MAS MATAGAL MASIRA KAYSA SA KAHOY, AT BASTA TREATED AND MADE AS PER STANDARD.

AT MEDYO MAHAL KASI YUNG LABOR NA KASAMA HINDI BASTA KARPENTERO LANG..WELDER TALAGA..

MORE QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!