Pba Mvp Dapat

adriane888

http://samboylim.itgo.com/images/samboy_03.jpg

http://robbiesconfectionery.com.au/products_files/samboy.jpg

Yes, he is arguably the best player not to win an MVP, not so because the other players are much better, but he just could not complete an entire season because of injuries

- he is perhaps the 2nd most popular PBA player of all time, behind Jaworski; Samboy mentioned that at one point in his career, he wanted to play for Ginebra - if this happened, then he would would have been hands down the most popular player ever

- apart from Samboy, I can't remember a player who gets a loud applause and standing ovation even from opposing fans when entering a game

- one of the most tragic accidents I've seen in the basket ball court was when Samboy drove hard to the basket and was clothslined by Lastimosa; he went flying upside down and hit the floor head first (there were blood spills); after the game, Lastimosa visited Samboy at the hospital, and Samboy's first words to him were: "Who won the game?"

- in 1993, the PBA gave the very 1st sportsmanship award to Samboy; many believed that the PBA gave this because Samboy could not qualify for an MVP award because of his many injuries - this is his MVP award

dagdag ko lang

Mon Fernandez's 5th MVP plum, lamang sya sa lahat ng categories, except that he didnt have Nap Guttierez.

Alvin Patrimonio won via media votes.

Peace sa Alvin fans

natumbok mo!

si Nap Gutierrez ang difference maker ni Patrimonio pagdating sa media votes...

earl sonnt alvarado..

Sonny Alvarado doesn't deserve an MVP award, he's not a Filipino...

Best import siguro pwede...

Yes, he is arguably the best player not to win an MVP, not so because the other players are much better, but he just could not complete an entire season because of injuries

- he is perhaps the 2nd most popular PBA player of all time, behind Jaworski; Samboy mentioned that at one point in his career, he wanted to play for Ginebra - if this happened, then he would would have been hands down the most popular player ever

- apart from Samboy, I can't remember a player who gets a loud applause and standing ovation even from opposing fans when entering a game

- one of the most tragic accidents I've seen in the basket ball court was when Samboy drove hard to the basket and was clothslined by Lastimosa; he went flying upside down and hit the floor head first (there were blood spills); after the game, Lastimosa visited Samboy at the hospital, and Samboy's first words to him were: "Who won the game?"

- in 1993, the PBA gave the very 1st sportsmanship award to Samboy; many believed that the PBA gave this because Samboy could not qualify for an MVP award because of his many injuries - this is his MVP award

I completely agree. Samboy would be my choice for MVP, hands down. He had talent, he had heart. He just didn't have luck on his side.

marlou aquino

Quite agree of this one. Naalala ko nung rookie year nya 1st match up

nila ni Benjie Paras. Supalpal si Paras d lang 1 ata 2 or 3 then the

crowd is cheering "butata". Dun na magsimula si Paras maglaro ng

perimeter dati puro inside.

Another one is Nelson Asaytono statistics talagang pang MVP san ka nakakita

na 1 player na buhat sa team. Take note Alaska kalaban nila...

I think Benjie Paras beat Fernandez when he was gunning for his 5th mvp not Alvin Patrimonio

Yes this was in 1989. SMB won a grand slam with Don Ramon spearheading the team.

But Benjie won both ROY and MVP. Benjie's manager then was Ronnie Nathanielsz.

I remember that he threw a party for the sportswriters before the MVP voting. <_<

Paras' statistics were very good, but Fernandez was the best player on the best team that year.

They really forced the "historic" situation of a rookie also winning an MVP.

There were also some questions on Benjie's second MVP in 1999, but I think he deserved that one.

• 2 weeks later...
[Sonny Alvarado doesn't deserve an MVP award, he's not a Filipino...

Best import siguro pwede...

Make that the best Fil-Sham ever, hehehe

If only he was a legitimate Fil-Am, he might have equalled or surpassed the 4 MVPs by Patrimonio and Fernandez by now. In 1999, the first time Menk saw Alvarado in practice, Alfrancis Chua (Tanduay coach at that time) told Menk that he now has a backup. Menk's reply to Chua was, "No coach, I will be his back up"

Alvarado's "kevin garnett-like" averages in his short-lived PBA career (65 games) were: 23.2 ppg, 13.2 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.16 spg, 1.1 bpg

Alvarado's ethnicity was Puerto Rican.

• 2 weeks later...
pa check nga po, if i remember it right. rookie pa lang si danny s when danny i got a mvp award(dont know if 1st or 2nd na nya iyon). pero naaalala ko si benjie paras pa nag introduced ng mvp awards at akala nga ng most of the audience may panibagong roy/mvp awardee na.

i think benjie paras grab the mvp award that season! <_<

if im not mistaken he won the award when gordons gin won the title w/ cris king!

You must be referring to the 1997 season, when Gordon's Gin won the Commisioner's Cup with Chris King as import. Nope, Patrimonio won the MVP award that season. Aquino had a good season as well, as he was named to the mythical 1st team, together with Patrimonio, Asaytono, Abbarientos, and Hizon.