• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Smoking And Weightlifting

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i tried smoking before going to the gym, hinihingal ako agad, naghahabol ng hininga. kaya mula nun 1hr before gym no to smoking ako.

tpos after gym nagtry ako nagsmoke, parang pumapasok lahat ng usok sa baga ko, mahirap huminga at hinahabol mo yun hininga mo, kaya stop smoking na din after gym. irelax muna ang katawan after gym before smoking.

or not to smoke at all. :)

• 7 months later...

Lifting requires you to have a strong lungs.

I just also see you to defeat the purpose of getting a healthy body without switching to healthy lifestyle.

Its a habit to break, yes.

But is it possible to break, yes.

Just like with lifting. You have to start to lighter weights before increasing it.

Quit smoking gradually.

Lifting requires you to have a strong lungs.

I just also see you to defeat the purpose of getting a healthy body without switching to healthy lifestyle.

Its a habit to break, yes.

But is it possible to break, yes.

Just like with lifting. You have to start to lighter weights before increasing it.

Quit smoking gradually.

What she said...

I was a smoker for 15+ years (Marlboro red) consuming abt 1 pack a day.

Then 7 years ago i quit cold turkey.

Now im a gym addict.

But yeah to quote ms gwen, it defeats the purpose of smoking and working out. U have to decide which one u stop, which one u cant live without and which one you would like to continue doing till the day u die... simple as that

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

smoking rarely has any good benefits in the long run. But there are documented cases of addiction switching from smoking to sports. Some believe that they can "neutralize" harmful effects of smoking with exercise. Weightlifting causes microinjury to your muscles and good bloodflow is needed for these injuries to heal. Smoking lowers blood flow, low blood flow means less healing = increases chances for injury. So if you plan to beef up or to have some "gainz" quit smoking altogether.