Are You From The 80s?

Depeche Mode baby!

i got inspired by these guys. ang galing nila. hayun, i got into playing piano/keyboards/guitar

nang dahil sa kanila. the singing part...... sablay. hahaha!

Yeah I remember those boys. How about Rick Ocasek of the Cars? George Michael and Tear for fears. And of course our very own Gary V..Bagets..How time really flies..parang kailan lang..It's the best ever...IMHO.

• 2 months later...

the year i was born. it was also during this era that i first watched Firestarter and E.T, the era when i got addicted to Madonna and her look (lace stockings and all), the era when Maricel Soriano, William Martinez, Snooky Serna, Albert Martinez and Roderick Paulate were movie kings and queens of local cinema...miss my youth!

• 4 weeks later...

Who remembers the preppy handbook? Doon ko nabasa to put red and green electrical tapes around your boat shoes.

Also remember reading this, just not sure if it was in the said handbook:

Hilfiger Polo Tees- preppy

Polo- very preppy

Lacoste- ultimate preppy

Jeesh! :D Babaw ko dati!

i miss some of my toys: GI Joe, Transformers (Skyfire/Jetfire - my fave) , He-Man, Voltes Five na die cast, Thunder Cats, hundreds of Matchboxes, Game and Watch, Atari 5200, Family Com, those Php50 watches that transform into robots, and my ultimate toy - Tomy Omnibot2000 - this was the Grand Prize of Milo raffle when I was in Grade2 but my mom bought me one at Toys 'R Us for $1000 :thumbsupsmiley:

junk food na may free:

chikadees (free tattoo na sabi may lason daw; plastic frog that jumps when pushed down)

chuppa chups (pag may smiley sa loob ng wrapper may free sticky hands)

bazooka joe - the ultimate jaw muscle enhancer :upside: (free bazooka joe comics)

mga laro at ibang libangan namin:

pepsi 7up, dr quack quack, bahay bahayan tinda tindahan luto lutuan :thumbsupsmiley: , agawan base, patintero (patotot!), piko, monkey monkey anabel (how many da monkey did you see!), nanay tatay gusto kong tinapay..., i love you teddy bear teddy bear..., monkey in the middle, langit lupa (im im impyerno), tumbang preso, tirahan ng baby rocket, truth or consequence, bente uno, mag-bike sa buong subdivision (hutch ang bmx ko dati, gaang nito sobra :thumbsupsmiley: )

some of Prices back then:

Coke:

solo 1.25

8oz 1.50

12oz 1.75

500ml 2.50

1L 5.00

candies with sugar coatings 5 Centavos

fishball - 10C

1$=Php20

snaku - P2.50

flat tops - 50C

doublemint long gum - 25C

movie 9.50 sa baba 11.50 sa taas. nanonood pa kami sa makati cinema square ng dad ko (memorable - Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend - dinosaur movie to)

i miss those days..palaging merong "first"

gawd.... those shoulder pads AND skinny jeans!!!!!

I remember asking for a Barbie doll... but my mom chose to buy me a die cast Voltes V robot instead. Coolness, di ba? I've had a handful of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars as well but I had one and only one Barbie doll. Ay, meron din pala akong Evil-lyn. :lol:

Syempre... the 80s would always remind me of cutesy Patrick Dempsey from Can't Buy Me Love and Happy Together.

Oh but now he's so oh-so-hot-and-dreamy in Gray's Anatomy. :D

showdown of the 'sound mobiles'.

instant parties : load the sound system in the back of the pickup, find a friend whose family is out on vacation, call lotsa hot friends, short trip to cherry foodarama and voila 80's new wave parties.

used to wear loafers w/out socks, blazers over fruit of the loom shirt, Top 40s and Shambu line of shirts, 'boggart' pants, haruta shoes and the ever faithful sony walkman accesories.

the cult classic movies : pulp fiction, RAD and hackers.

hair mousse, ultra hold gels and egg whites are king !

honda prelude was a rarity back then and car phones are as big as your wenger overnighter bag now.

Edited by shrike

Saan kaya makakaabili ng mga DVD classics from the 80s?

Naalala ko noon ang original nintendo game and watch. Tapos ang arcade games noon na favorite ko sa Greenhills ay pacman, pinball and space invaders. My 1 peso will last for hours. Sulit na sulit. Then nauso ang bump car sa Harrison Plaza.

Sosi pa noon ang Dunkin Donuts, Coney Island and Pizza Hut na tumapat sa Shakey's. Favorite ko noon ang Jack's or Mother's Burger na owned by one family. Favorite din noon ang chocolate Mousse and ube cake ng Red Ribbon jan sa tapat ng Circle Theater in Quezon Ave. Mayroon pa noong Swibak owned by Swiss Inn where you could find the best black forrest and rum punch. Sugar House and Dulcinea were also sosi dating place for snacks after watching movies. Ang sarap ng chicken pie and apple pie ng sugar house and the churros and paella in Dulcinea. Then came Via Mare, the sosiest meryendahan for me in Greenbelt 1. Ubos ang baon kahit may sideline na ko noon.

There was Texas Burger owned by Aristocrat. Who remembered Al Dente pasta house in Fiesta Carnival? The 1st A&W and Pizza Hut were also in Fiesta Carnival. Wala ng A&W (sayang).

Night time naman ay sikat nang early 80s ang Velvet Slum, Queue, Stargazer, Isis na naging Louie Y. Nang mauso ang new wave came Culture Club, Route 66 and yung simpleng mobile.

I loved the 80's. yun yung makati avenue days/pasay road gimmik. andros at greenbelt was the smoothest back then.

cruising sa greenhills. ang daming gimmik those days. blue seal na marlboro was $18.00 pesos.

7-11 sa BF just opened. parang states ang dating. miss those fun times.

Edited by TodoBigay

ICEE stalls sa malls dati, sarap! May kiddie train pa dati sa gitna ng virramall and shopsville. Fiesta Carnival na may train na umiikot sa loob! Funhouse sa greenhills na bilihan ng mga fake blood at kung ano anong kalokohan. Pinanood ko pa noon yung Jedi Returns sa virramall, at may dala pa akong Yoda Tumbler galing sa jollibee 3rd floor :thumbsupsmiley: Lagi pa binibili sa aking ng parents ko Gregg na sapatos pampasok sa school. Nauso din nung grade school ako yung adidas Stan Smith, seasider, moccasin, nike air pressure, reebok pump! Nauso din nung elementary yung attache case, and dapat yung may combination para mas sikat ka - samsonite, echolac etc

then late 80s dumagsa na ang mga carnival katulad ng payanig sa pasig saka big bang sa alabang :thumbsupsmiley: