Running

daDJ

Kailan ba yung start ng registrion ng Run United Philippine Marathon?

Back checking Runrio's announcements. It seems they open registration around 9 weeks prior to a race. So for RUPM, expect registration to start on the last week of July or first week of August.

Good luck sa RUPM!

Hello guys...

nagbabalik lang... hehehe

nice to see this thread active...

July schedule ko po

July 6 -- Robinson's Buddy Run -- 5km

July 13 -- Takbo.ph Runfest -- 21km

July 20 -- recovery, rest and recreation (ppdd help me here please)

July 27 -- Milo Elims Manila Leg-- 21km

Wow baka 21km lang ako sa RUPM.... sa Skyway pa rin ang marathon Debut ko.

Kayo po mga mananakbo ng MTC?

Hello guys...

July schedule ko po

ahahaha! welcome back! san mo ba gusto R&R ser? lolz

ako Runfest lang yung kaisa-isa kong takbo this July.. yung kasama ko dapat sa buddy run nagbackout eh.. hayyy

any suggestions sa upcoming runs na maganda salihan? TIA

Hello guys...

July schedule ko po

Welcome back!

Nasa plano lang tatlo:

July 27- Milo Manila Eliminations 42K

October 5- RUPM 42K

February 1, 2015- Condura 42K

OK yung July 20 "event" nyo, ah! ;-D

ahahaha! welcome back! san mo ba gusto R&R ser? lolz

ako Runfest lang yung kaisa-isa kong takbo this July.. yung kasama ko dapat sa buddy run nagbackout eh.. hayyy

any suggestions sa upcoming runs na maganda salihan? TIA

Maganda din salihan:

Aug 17- Sofitel Manila Half Marathon

January 17/18 - Corregidor Half & Full Marathon

Sa Milo elims, maganda din sana sa Baguio, kaso bukas na ito.

Edited by floppydrive

good pm, me nagmention na rin nang corregidor marathon. Anybody joined last year? Magkano po ang damage. I've been to corregidor and spent the night sa hotel nila. I think i spent less than 6,000 inclusive of ferry, tour, overnight stay in a suite, and food for 2 persons. Most probably if I join this marathon, i'll be here 1 day before and leave 1 day after. I'll also skip the tour so I expect a minimum expense of 10,000.

Is this correct? Oh baka kulang?

I'm seriously considering to make this my first marathon. Kalaban nito ay condura skyway pero lamang talaga ito sa scenery. Ang ganda kasi nang view at ang linis nang simoy nang hangin. Patay ka nga lang sa hills. At magastos.

Edited by Confusedcius

good pm, me nagmention na rin nang corregidor marathon. Anybody joined last year? Magkano po ang damage. I've been to corregidor and spent the night sa hotel nila. I think i spent less than 6,000 inclusive of ferry, tour, overnight stay in a suite, and food for 2 persons. Most probably if I join this marathon, i'll be here 1 day before and leave 1 day after. I'll also skip the tour so I expect a minimum expense of 10,000.

Is this correct? Oh baka kulang?

I'm seriously considering to make this my first marathon. Kalaban nito ay condura skyway pero lamang talaga ito sa scenery. Ang ganda kasi nang view at ang linis nang simoy nang hangin. Patay ka nga lang sa hills. At magastos.

A friend did this in January this year. Registration fee was already P6,000. The route was two loops around the island, and all the participants said it was a very difficult route because of the steep climb sections. It's not an easy course, but it's very scenic.

Aabot nga around P10,000, or maybe even more, kung kasama hotel accommodations. The ferry fee is already included in the registration fee.

A friend did this in January this year. Registration fee was already P6,000. The route was two loops around the island, and all the participants said it was a very difficult route because of the steep climb sections. It's not an easy course, but it's very scenic.

Aabot nga around P10,000, or maybe even more, kung kasama hotel accommodations. The ferry fee is already included in the registration fee.

Medyo spot on nga ang estimate ko. If I include the estimated 42k registration fee and overlap the ferry fee, remove the tour, add 2 nights accommodation (3,000) plus food 300 per meal allowance, then I'll be spending around 12,000.

I've jogged there once nung nag overnight ako. But only for an hour. I believe the drastic elevation gains will happen if you start from the outermost area and go to the middle of the island. The tail is also lower than the head portion. Kaso, even if you only take the outermost roads pahiya pa rin ung heartbreak hill nang UP at Cardiac arrest nang La Vista.

It's something to consider.

Thank you

Medyo spot on nga ang estimate ko. If I include the estimated 42k registration fee and overlap the ferry fee, remove the tour, add 2 nights accommodation (3,000) plus food 300 per meal allowance, then I'll be spending around 12,000.

I've jogged there once nung nag overnight ako. But only for an hour. I believe the drastic elevation gains will happen if you start from the outermost area and go to the middle of the island. The tail is also lower than the head portion. Kaso, even if you only take the outermost roads pahiya pa rin ung heartbreak hill nang UP at Cardiac arrest nang La Vista.

It's something to consider.

Thank you

Be prepared for the sun. Gun start was at 6am last January. They also had full marathon qualifying time requirements for registration. Baka hindi pwede mag-first time marathon run. Please check the latest requirements just be sure. They've only announced the dates, but no mechanics yet.

Be prepared for the sun. Gun start was at 6am last January. They also had full marathon qualifying time requirements for registration. Baka hindi pwede mag-first time marathon run. Please check the latest requirements just be sure. They've only announced the dates, but no mechanics yet.

yun ang problema. hindi ako mag qualify sa 3:30 hours for 42k. Tapos hindi pa ako nakakapag marathon. farthest continuous training distance ko was 30k. sayang. baka next year or next next year hahaha

salamat po. baka nga condura bagsak ko nito.

For chicks only ^_^ (nakareceive ako ng email notif about this event)

All Women Race

Dear Runner, You are invited to join Carbtrim – The Bull Runner All Woman Race on July 20, 2014. This run for womanity features 5k, 10k and 21k race distances in Filinvest City, Alabang.

Expect lots of bling, boas, and tutus on this fun-filled event! Special edition charm bracelets will be awarded to all 21k female finishers. All female finishers will receive groovy pink boas upon crossing the finish line. Prizes await the top three female finishers for each race category.

Limited slots will be open to men. Men's race kits will include a tutu, which they can run in as "honorary women of the day." 21k male finishers will receive medals.

Registration is on-going at Planet Sports - Bonifacio High Street, Planet Sports - Trinoma, and New Balance Festival Mall. Regular race fees from June 9 to 30 are 21k P1400, 10k P1000, and 5k P800 and late registration race fees from July 1 to 6 are 21k P1600, 10k P1200, and 5k P1000.

All runners will receive free CarbTrim Capsules and Carbtrim Iced Tea in their race kits to help them reach their ideal race weight by race day. Female participants will also receive an attractive dri-fit women-specific racerback All Woman Race singlet along with the race bib and ipico timing chip.

The race starts at Spectrum Midway Avenue in front of Filinvest Tent in Filinvest City. Gun start for 21k is 4:30AM, for 10k 5:30AM, and for 5k 5:45AM. Runners will be treated to shopping and pampering at the post-race area.

See you there!

post-252952-0-84599900-1404406638.jpg

Sofitel Manila Half Marathon – August 17, 2014

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sofitel-manila-half-marathon-2014-poster-540x783.jpg

Sofitel Manila Half-Marathon 2014

August 17, 2014 @ 3AM

SM Mall of Asia

5K/10K/21K

Organizer: RunRio

Registration Fees:

21K – P950

10K – P850

5K – P750

- All runners shall receive a race bib, singlet, and finishers lootbag and drinks.

- The 21km category shall also receive a finishers medal and finishers shirt.

Gun Start:

21K – 4AM

10K – 4:30AM

5K – 4:45AM

Registration Venues:

1. MOVE Store – 30th Street Bonifacio Global City

2. Toby’s Mall of Asia

3. Toby’s The Block, SM North EDSA

- In-store registration is from July 14 to August 4, 2014

Medal Design

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Sofitel-Run-Medal_20141-540x405.jpg

Singlet Design:

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sofitel-manila-half-marathon-2104-singlet-540x384.jpg

Finisher Shirt Design:

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sofitel-manila-half-marathon-2104-shirt-540x349.jpg

@PPDD

pwede naman tayo sumali sa all women's run... naka tutu nga lang tayo. hahahaha

sa Sofitel naman, hmmm sana may discount voucher of stay or buffet sa sofitel para sulit. hehehe

yung recovery week natin, sa runfest natin pagusapan... gusto sumama ni @floppy... lumipat na ko ng area, nasa Mandaluyong na ako.

lumabas na po detials for the January 17 corregidor marathon. For Jan 17 wala pong qualifynig time. Baka po ung January 18 yung meron. hiniwalay na rin nila ung registration fee sa ferry fee. Mag register na ako tapos i reserve ko na slot ko sa Suncruise! anybody here joining?

Thanks for the heads up! Ang laki ng binaba ng fees! from P6,000 last year, ngayong advance registration period P2,000 + P1,300 ferry fee na lang. Best of all no qualifying time and no cut off time for all races.

------------

Beginning this coming 2015, race participants to both Corregidor Marathon and Corregidor International Half-Marathon will only be paying for the race itself.

Team Run Corregidor is giving back to race participants the option to choose their mode of transportation to the island.

The race registration fees will have four schedules:

Advance Registration (Jul 7 – Aug 20)

42K Full Marathon = P2000 (USD 45)

5K Blitz = P900 (USD 20)

Regular (Aug 21 – Oct 31)

42K Full Marathon = P2500 (USD 55)

5K Blitz = P1000 (USD 22)

Late (Nov 1 – Dec 31)

42K Full Marathon = P3000 (USD 65)

5K Blitz = P1250 (USD 28)

Last-Minute (Jan 1-11, 2015)

42K Full Marathon = P3500 (USD 75)

5K Blitz = P1500 (USD 33)

42K Full Marathon

17 January 2015

Gun Start: 6:00am

NO qualifying time; NO race finishcut-off time

Race Registration inclusions:

• Finisher’s Medallion (0.5kg, 5-in diameter)
  • CM Dri-fit Race Shirt
  • Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
  • CM Race sling bag
  • Runners' Briefing (Jan 10 & 11, 2015)
  • CM Post-Race Party
  • CM Digital Finisher's Certificate
  • P1,000 SOLEUS Gift Voucher

*For race participants attending the Carbo-loading Dinner (Jan. 16,2015), Carbo Dinner ticket may be availed at P250.00 at the Runners’ Briefing.

5K Blitz

17 January 2015

Gun Start: 8:00am

NO qualifying time; NO race finish cut-off time

Race Registration inclusions:

• 5K Blitz Finisher’s Medal
  • CM Dri-fit Race Shirt
  • Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
  • CM Race sling bag
  • Runners' Briefing (Jan 10 & 11, 2015)
  • CM Post-Race Party
  • 5K Blitz Digital Finisher's Certificate
  • P1,000 SOLEUS Gift Voucher

*For race participants attending the Carbo-loading Dinner (Jan. 16,2015), Carbo Dinner ticket may be availed at P250.00 at the Runners’ Briefing.

Advance Registration Procedures:

1) Pay the corresponding ADVANCE RACE REGISTRATION fee by way of a bank deposit at any BDO branch using the following details:

BDO Checking Account

Account Name: Big Big Big, Inc.

Account Number: 000410417114

*For international participants, as follows are the details when depositing corresponding race registration fee through bank transfer:

BDO (Banco de Oro Unibank, Inc.)

Branch details: 041 Bel-Air

Swift Code: BNORPHMM

Acct details: Checking Account

Account Name: Big Big Big, Inc.

Account Number: 000410417114

2) Send the photo-captured copy of the deposit slip as a direct message/private message to the Corregidor Marathon FB fan page indicating your full name and chosen distance category.

3) In 24 hours, an alpha-numeric code reply to your message will be sent to you by the page moderator. This code CAN NOT be shared with another person. This code is needed for the filling up and validation of your on-line registration form.

4) Once you have received your alpha-numeric code, on the applicable FB page, complete your registration for the race by clicking the on-line registration form link.

5) Once race registration is validated, you will receive in 48 hours your race inclusion confirmation via email. On the confirmation email, you will be notified when you may claim your race registration kit. It will coincide with the Runners’ Briefing. The venue will be announced via personal email and blog posts at a later date.

SPECIAL BONUS for CM & CIHM Advance Registrants:

Running the full and half-marathon distances in Corregidor is no easy feat. Serious preparations must be undertaken.

To all advance registrants, Team Run Corregidor is providing a free monthly training on the actual race course, beginning August 13. For more information, visit the FB fan pages of Corregidor Marathon and Corregidor International Half-Marathon.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Sun Cruises as our event partner is generously giving special rates for race participants of both the 2nd Corregidor Marathon and 5th Corregidor International Half-Marathon:

P1300/person EXCLUSIVE to race participants ONLY (inclusive of round-trip ferry, lunch buffet, and entrance fee to the island).

Room accommodations are limited. In consideration of this, Sun Cruises will be offering Camping Tents for rent (P500 flat rate).

Sun Cruises will start accepting ferry and accommodations booking for CM & CIHM participants beginning August 21, 2014.

For booking concerns, please contact Sun Cruises (8am to 5pm – Mon to Fri; 8am to 12nn Sat) at 5275555 loc 4511 and4512, 0917-5459917, 0917-8084641, 0922-8475418.

Mag register na ako. I don't care about P.R. I'm going to run to enjoy

i think the event organizers want more participants and publicity for corregidor. They are even providing you the option of pitching tents. For rent ang isang maliit na tent for 500 petots.

Meron pang free monthly training sa race course for advanced registrants pero sagot mo yung ferry hahaha. Galing nang marketing nila! It is very tempting.

I have my own big ass tent so I don't even need to rent one. Kung on a budget kakayanin mo na 5,000 all in, pero bringing 6 thou is probably better! Enjoy pa kasi camping .

I think one of the ideal camp site is at the back of the inn, near the beach shore at ATV track. Kaso kelangan disiplina sa pagtapon basura. I love corregidor and how clean it is, so sana adequate yung trash bins. yahoooo

Edited by Confusedcius

Nice seeing you again papi @PPDD...

Nilakad ko yung 18-19 km, para majog ko yung 19-21km. pero umatake ang init ng panahon.

First time ko natakbuhan yung pababa ng C5 kaya nadrain ang lakas ko nung final KM. hahaha

It was a nice, challenging event... nagkaubusan lang ng hyration dun sa pababa ng C5.

Nice seeing you again papi @PPDD...

Nilakad ko yung 18-19 km, para majog ko yung 19-21km. pero umatake ang init ng panahon.

First time ko natakbuhan yung pababa ng C5 kaya nadrain ang lakas ko nung final KM. hahaha

It was a nice, challenging event... nagkaubusan lang ng hyration dun sa pababa ng C5.

haha. ako straight from shift.. nde ko na ata kaya tumakbo galing ng work, without enough sleep

2km palang tumutukod na ako. then by 4km, parang pumipitik na yung binti ko

i was talking to myself (to my calves): "guys, itawid nyo lang ako sa 10km na walang pulikat, ok na ako"

ayun ok naman. natapos yung event na walang pulikat, pero i was so exhausted.

halos kasabay mo yung asawa ng boss ko. parang more or less 1km agwat nyo sakin. tinatry ko kayo habulin kaso wala nde na talaga kaya

bawi nalang next run :)

Congrats ppdd and spirit220!

thanks papi :)

need to recover na @ppdd... sama ka na @floppy... prep para sa Milo. hahaha

ahaha.. after run, sumabak pa ako sa bball. sunday and monday

kaya ngayon sobra sakit ng katawan ko.. san ba ok ngayon ser? :rolleyes:

hehehe! Recover well, guys!

Backing out of Milo - worn meniscus. Pinapa-therapy muna ng duktor. Nasobrahan ng training, tapos mahina pala supporting muscles sa tuhod. Ang meniscus ang tinamaan.

awww sayang naman pafs

get well soon!

less run, more ESpa therapy daw sabi ng doctor :lol: :P