Running

daDJ

@ Floppydrive...

True... malaki mag patong sa atin... even sa shoes...

Are you using GPS? Well, I have Timex Ironman... ok siya cause 4screen muliti display... but regarding GPS... Talo sya ng Garminlaugh.gif

And Running lang ako... di ko nagaamit un features sa swim and bike...

Any feedback on other GPS Brand? Cheers!

I'm using Garmin.

When I was canvassing, the only GPS plus Heart Rate Monitor watches available at that time were Garmin (various models) and Polar. Wala pa yung Soleus nun at hindi pa lumalabas yung GPS Ironman dito sa Pinas. Didn't consider Nike bacuase they dont really make it and would probably have problems getting support.

Polar requires a separate GPS pod to be strapped on with an armband. Garmin got good reviews and since GPS technology is it's main business, I went with it despite the high price. I got a Forerunner 210 since it's designed for running.

E ngayong napapasabak na sa swim at bike, hindi ko pa alam kung dapat mag-upgrade sa Garmin 310 o 910. Laking gastos na naman. Maganda din yung Timex Ironman Global Trainer (your watch) at ang presyo sa Riovana ay masmura ng kaunti sa Garmin 310XT.

You mentioned talo ng Garmin ang GPS ng Timex? How so? Accuracy?

@ Turk, nakakainis talaga ang patong sa presyo dito. my Asics were half the price of the pairs sold here, same with my Nikes, except they were a season or two behind. but who cares if you're not in the latest color, right? on the upside, i've found that NB is about the same or cheaper here. i love my NB 310s, even for dancing the weight and the cushioning feel great.

nahiya naman ako bigla.. kakabili ko lng nike+ sportsband.. got it at a marked down price na, may discounted rate pa (1.7k+) sa sports warehouse near puregold/sta lucia

gusto ko lang makita yung pace ko during practice run. may times kasi na tinatamad ako tumakbo, nagiging slacker hehe

registered my next run: 10k @ RFR on Nov18

Edited by ppdd

@ Floppydrive... Timex is good because you can customize display, and good for muliti sport... the downside is mahirap kumuha ng signal for gps.... it may take 15-30mins with off and on reset pa para maka sagap... but the price is a bit cheap... its around 18k when I bought it last year... 3mos to pay

Garmin - My wife is using it Forerunner 110... ang bilis sa GPS signal... and almost lahat ng races swak sa sukat yun garmin... cost 11k last year got it from Runnr BGC installment din...

Polar... nak ng tokwa ang gps nakahiwalay pa... not interested

Suunto... medyo mahal eh... 26k

@Ppdd... I have that kind of sportsband... downside kailangan nike shoes ka for the foot pod sensor... accurate din yan basta calibrayted... run 400m with constant pace...

I miss the nike challenges sa site, and may mga program din dun on how you will be able to improve running

@Spirit220... half marathon na lang.... laugh.gif

@dungeonbaby hope we can finally meet you...

Sana nga mag meet up tayo! Meet up run or Post race meet up.... Sa dating gawi Ppdd and Spirit... pag Moa (Army Navy)

@spirit220

May official announcement na Condura Skyway Marathon! Buy a pair of Asics shoes during the registration period, get to register for free in any category! Kanina lang lumabas announcement so kindly read thru all the comments in the FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/conduraskywaymarathon

May nabanggit na kahit sa Zalora bumili during the registration period considered din para sa free reg. Pakibasa na lang sa comments para makasigurado.

Will run the full marathon sa Condura. Kailangan na mag-buildup ng mileage - min 21K every week, with at least 2 mid-week runs. Dapat by Dec makaabot ng 32K in one LSD. Tamang-tama din timing ng Asics offer. By the time umabot ng Feb, upod na current rubber shoes ko.

Edited by floppydrive

mga bro pasama sa EB after nang run sa nike we run MNL. or maybe we can set a practice run in preparation for that event.

yun oh. nice. san nyo ba balak mag practice run? ako kasi baka dun sa 2 runs lang (rfr and run bgc) makatakbo, plus bball every sunday.. so yun na yung pinaka practice ko going to Nike Run

sablay kasi sched sa work sched (panggabi)

anyway, has anyone seen the pics for NB Power Run last sunday? participant pala yung mga ex ko.. hahaha

anne curtis, bianca king at karylle... syet!

602509_449011968494745_908551262_n.jpg

575242_449011738494768_165870550_n.jpg

Condura Skyway 2013, Asics Promo. Participating Asics stores are GB3, solenad, and zalora.com.

Rave: neat promo. a different take on the usual post-run discounts at the Asics on-site kiosk.

Rant: the free registration (about 1k) barely covers the premium on most Asics shoes here. the styles are limited esp. on zalora, only 3 styles for women as of today, and only the gel 1170 is for running. am not exactly bowled over.

New Balance Power Run results are out:

http://runrio.com/2012/11/new-balance-power-run-race-results/

Pros: Weather was nice, lots of water and powerade at the hydration stations, lots of bananas too! The KM markers were spot on as per my GPS.

Cons: The route was a bit confusing and tiring with all twists inside BGC. Good thing there were plenty of directional signs.

Lots of celebs (Solenn Huessaf, Anne Curtis, Karylle, Bianca King, Miriam Quiambao, Will DeVaugn, Rovilson, et. al.)

Was able to finish 10K @ sub- 1hr (57 minutes). Kaya lang mali name na nakalagay buti na lang I knew my tag number and I actually monitored my time.

Lots of celebs (Solenn Huessaf, Anne Curtis, Karylle, Bianca King, Miriam Quiambao, Will DeVaugn, Rovilson, et. al.)

Was able to finish 10K @ sub- 1hr (57 minutes). Kaya lang mali name na nakalagay buti na lang I knew my tag number and I actually monitored my time.

Wow! Sub-1hr 10K! Galing!

Dami ngang celebs. Pero talagang napatingin ako kay Monica Torres, 2nd place finisher sa 25K female.

Wow.. monica torres.. may bago na naman ako i-stalk haha

congrats sa mga NB power run finishers

ppdd,

Para sa akin, yung pictures niya sa FB does not do her justice. Somehow, she looked prettier in person. Either that o groggy pa ako sa starting line at bangag na ako nung nasalubong ko siya sa Buendia flyover (papunta pa lang ako sa Makati, pabalik na siya sa BGC).

More reason to stalk? hehehe

post-95519-0-78895100-1352941617.jpgpost-95519-0-97221800-1352941682.jpg

ppdd,

Para sa akin, yung pictures niya sa FB does not do her justice. Somehow, she looked prettier in person. Either that o groggy pa ako sa starting line at bangag na ako nung nasalubong ko siya sa Buendia flyover (papunta pa lang ako sa Makati, pabalik na siya sa BGC).

More reason to stalk? hehehe

MORE OF HER: