Running

daDJ

Hello! Hello! Hello! :lol:

How are you all runners?

As for me, have not been running much the last 2 months. Panay short uphils lang. Magpawis lang. I have been busy organizing a run here at our place so panay routecheck lang.

I forced myself to register to a tun for my bday sa june kaya i started to be back on track again. Who is running the world vision run on the 22nd? Or panay pang world class na lang ba kayo? :lol:

Tapos mag milo run din kami ng RuNurses group namin on the 27th of july. Sana makaabot ng cutoff strongly. Hahaha

Good luck to those running this weekend, specially the Mayon360 ultrarunners! Sali ka ba dito @wyette?

Hi sir.

No eh, i was out of the country then. Sayang nga r. That was one on my bucket list unticked. :wacko:

I miss doing an ultra. Kaso wala akong ,apiling iregister. Haha i actually miss the smiles of co runners doing an uktra. Ibang iba when you do runs on shorter distances. Parang deadmahan lang, hehehe

So eyeball uli? :lol:

mga idols nag sign na ako sa ru2 32k good luck to me hahaha

Good luck sir. Carboloading na po ba?

let the training begin...!!!

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/condura-skyway-marathon-2015-teaser-540x524.png

I got excited when i saw this. Sana andito pa ako nyan. :lol:

Gusto ko rin yang Condura pero before that dito muna ako. Ayos to kasi me finishers jacket sa sub2 category

http://www.pinoyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/pf-21k-challenge-2014-poster.jpg

This one is nice too. Kaso di ko pa kaya ang sub 2 for a half mary. Mapuputulan ako ng paa nun.

Yehey! Sana nga matuloy ito sa Pebrero. Iba pa rin tumakbo ng walang init ng araw. Paging @wyette....

Hoping i still am here sa pinas. If i am, i will register uli. :lol:

Im sure you will too po, di ba? Hehe

@wyette -- mag abroad ka na? sama mo kami! hehe goodluck po.. :)

oo nga parang nagkatamaran bigla.. dami runs pero parang yung pahirapan na registration eh

goodluck to everyone na tatakbo on Sunday! ^_^

ditto samin, panay 5k lang. nag popodium finish na rin ako pag walang elites. nyahahahahah :D

kaya inggit ako dyan sa manila. pinwersa ko talaga mag register sa june 22 para balik training ako. tamad na tamad ako lately eh. :lol:

Anybody here running?

My group and i will be. Ipon ipon na ng milo packs. Haha

Hi Wyette! Signed up no po! Hindi na kailangan ng Milo packs kung online registration.

RE RU2

Nice run! The straight and back route was nice. No need to think anymore, and it was easy to judge distance. The kilometer markers were good enough, but everyone was wondering why the 21km route markers were more than 100m away from the 10km and 32km route markers considering that the finish line is the same for all routes.

There was plenty of water and Gatorade available. Bananas and sponges were also available in certain stations.

The only drawback is the narrow 1.5 width lane at the Cavitex section from Uniwide to the Alabang bridge. It was very difficult to run specially when the 32km runners merged with the 21km runners. I was slow, so by the time I reached the merge point, most of the 21k participants were walking instead of running.

Weather was hot and humid even at 3am. It became tougher by 6:00am when the sun was already out. Runners were taking cover where there was shade from the tall buildings. Everyone was trying to beat the 7:30am cut-off as the organizer announced that they will sweep the runners off the streets by 7:30am. I guess they only started sweeping at7:30am from the Cavitex section so it could be opened by 8:00am. Runners were still being given medals at the finish line at 8am.

Overall, it was a great run, specially for those who plan to do the Milo Manila Eliminations leg 42km event.

• Like (+1) 1

I finished 21k with the time of 2:35 in RU2 kaya lang napansin after ngrun then relax na sa bahay, i always having a headache kahit noon pa ng start ako ng long run like 16k...ano kaya possible reason nun ? anyone have experience like this? or dehydrated lang ako..

It's possible that you were dehydrated.

FR on RU2

Venue: Luneta -- medyo olats kasi ang hirap bumyahe papunta. then pahirapan din nung pauwi. argh

Route: Roxas Blvd / Cavitex -- panalo. long straight way lang. very minimal yung likuan.

Weather: Fine / Sunny -- kahit 3am mainit. walang hangin. nung 7am na grabe kulang nalang maligo ako sa kalye sa sobrang init.

sobrang busy sa work i didnt have enough time to practice, kaya nagulat ako nung sinabi sa venue na may cut-off time (4hrs 30mins)

kala ko it was the first time na ma-sweep ako

buti nalang they still let the runners run and complete the course despite the long time (whew)

sufficient naman yung hydration stations and portalets along the way (kahit nung patapos na, may mga maiinom pa din na gatorade and water dun sa hydration stations. good job)

overall, it was still a nice, well organized event :)

Next run: Takbo.ph's RunFest on July

Any tips sa magandang running shoes for long distance running, say, full marathon? Mizuno Wave Precision gamit ko ngayon, pero nag-iisip akong mag-try ng Asics. Any tips, feedbacks or anything that will help me decide which shoe brand to buy.

Mizuno Wave Precision is a stability shoe. Try checking first the stability shoes offered by the other brands. Asics has a soft feel through all their models and is lighter than Mizuno. For Asics, try Kayano, Cumulus, DT Racer, DS Trainer, or others that the store would recommend for stability. Also even if you're not buying yet, go to a reputable store which has a treadmill that can check your stride and you can test run the shoe before you buy. The best store for this (at least in my opinion) is Second Wind. They have a wide array of brands and models to choose from, and the staff is very helpful and patient. You can also go to RUNNR or Riovana.

Hope this helps.

FR on RU2

Venue: Luneta -- medyo olats kasi ang hirap bumyahe papunta. then pahirapan din nung pauwi. argh

Route: Roxas Blvd / Cavitex -- panalo. long straight way lang. very minimal yung likuan.

Weather: Fine / Sunny -- kahit 3am mainit. walang hangin. nung 7am na grabe kulang nalang maligo ako sa kalye sa sobrang init.

sobrang busy sa work i didnt have enough time to practice, kaya nagulat ako nung sinabi sa venue na may cut-off time (4hrs 30mins)

kala ko it was the first time na ma-sweep ako

buti nalang they still let the runners run and complete the course despite the long time (whew)

sufficient naman yung hydration stations and portalets along the way (kahit nung patapos na, may mga maiinom pa din na gatorade and water dun sa hydration stations. good job)

overall, it was still a nice, well organized event :)

Next run: Takbo.ph's RunFest on July

Congrats ppdd! Bilib nga ako sa dami ng supply ng tubig at Gatorade. Yung cut-off time para lang yata sa Cavitex section. Hangang 8:30am may mga tumatakbo ba sa Roxas blvd.

Congrats ppdd! Bilib nga ako sa dami ng supply ng tubig at Gatorade. Yung cut-off time para lang yata sa Cavitex section. Hangang 8:30am may mga tumatakbo ba sa Roxas blvd.

thanks papi

isa ata ako jan sa tumatakbo pa ng 8:30 haha

upon the prodding of my three sons, i joined the run united 10K.....without any practice and being sedentary for several months....buti na lang natapos ko (and to think naunahan ko pa yung mga anak ko sa finish line)..not bad for a 57 year old without practice....pero masarap talaga tumakbo ng malayo, may challenge...pero next time dapat may practice na...when is the next good run mga bro?

upon the prodding of my three sons, i joined the run united 10K.....without any practice and being sedentary for several months....buti na lang natapos ko (and to think naunahan ko pa yung mga anak ko sa finish line)..not bad for a 57 year old without practice....pero masarap talaga tumakbo ng malayo, may challenge...pero next time dapat may practice na...when is the next good run mga bro?

punta ka sa website nang www.pinoyfitness.com at www.takbo.ph

Kaso sa www.takbo.ph madami silang pinopost na unconfirmed fun runs.

My next run will be at the world vision run on the 22nd. BGC uli. :blink:

I am not sure If I will enter this run, baka scheudling conflict. Last minute ako mag register if ever, preferably 21k distance. I'll use this as my baseline to determine my current 21k time. If ever kitakits po.

congrats sa mga successful RU2 runners. I was looking at the pics and discussion thread at naawa ako dun sa babaeng na cyber bully dahil me dalang isang piling nang saging. Paki ba nila!

I am not sure If I will enter this run, baka scheudling conflict. Last minute ako mag register if ever, preferably 21k distance. I'll use this as my baseline to determine my current 21k time. If ever kitakits po.

congrats sa mga successful RU2 runners. I was looking at the pics and discussion thread at naawa ako dun sa babaeng na cyber bully dahil me dalang isang piling nang saging. Paki ba nila!

Ooopss.. Isa ako sa nag comment at nag share nung photo na yun. B)

I admit natawa ko sa kanya. At the same time naawa ako. Her companions if she had any should have oriented her about runs like the RU2 if it was her first time.

Naawa ako kasi ang sakit sa kamay hanggang braso nung isang piling na saging ha. Pati leeg nya malamang nanakit sa dami nakasabit. And she was running a 10k distance, not merely the 3k or 5k fun runs.

Sana lang maynag clarify nung photo na yun. Di ko na nasugaybayan e. It was taken down the other day.

B)

Ooopss.. Isa ako sa nag comment at nag share nung photo na yun. B)

I admit natawa ko sa kanya. At the same time naawa ako. Her companions if she had any should have oriented her about runs like the RU2 if it was her first time.

Naawa ako kasi ang sakit sa kamay hanggang braso nung isang piling na saging ha. Pati leeg nya malamang nanakit sa dami nakasabit. And she was running a 10k distance, not merely the 3k or 5k fun runs.

Sana lang maynag clarify nung photo na yun. Di ko na nasugaybayan e. It was taken down the other day.

B)

naku nde ata ako updated jan sa pic na yan ah

so 10k runner sya.. tapos nagbaon sya ng madaming saging? baka naman nagti-trip lang sya :lol:

anyone running sa takbo.ph runfest???

may kopya ako ng pix mi banana girl hehe.. actually nakita ko na sya sa may baggage area may kasma rin mga chix. anyways, i had a good run in recently concluded RU2. although i didn't achieve my target but still i was able to beat my pr for afroman distance last year.

There are plenty of fun runs nowadays, but these are the ones that people are watching out for:

Milo Manila elimination leg- July 27, 2014 42K, 21K, 10K, 5K, 3K

Milo regional qualifying legs (various cities and dates, kindly check their website for more details http://www.milo.com.ph/) - 21K, 10K, 5K, 3K

Run United Philippine Marathon - Oct 5, 2014, 42K, 21k, 10K

Condura Skyway Marathon - Feb 2, 2014 42K, 21K, no announcement yet on shorter distances

Other popular fun runs:

Robinson's Buddy Run 10k & 5K (have to run as a buddy, main draw is the grocery bags as loot bags) July 6, 2014

Nike We Run Manila- no date yet

Takbo.ph Runfest - kindly check their website for more details

Pinoy Fitness RUn - kindly check their website for more details

Hope this helps

Edited by floppydrive

Mizuno Wave Precision is a stability shoe. Try checking first the stability shoes offered by the other brands. Asics has a soft feel through all their models and is lighter than Mizuno. For Asics, try Kayano, Cumulus, DT Racer, DS Trainer, or others that the store would recommend for stability. Also even if you're not buying yet, go to a reputable store which has a treadmill that can check your stride and you can test run the shoe before you buy. The best store for this (at least in my opinion) is Second Wind. They have a wide array of brands and models to choose from, and the staff is very helpful and patient. You can also go to RUNNR or Riovana.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the rep, sir. I know where to find RUNNR and Riovana stores, but I wonder where Second Wind is.

naku nde ata ako updated jan sa pic na yan ah

so 10k runner sya.. tapos nagbaon sya ng madaming saging? baka naman nagti-trip lang sya :lol:

anyone running sa takbo.ph runfest???

Baka. Wala naman kasi nag explain na. or baka sinadyang kinuhanan nung photographer. Ewan. :)

isang piling na saging yung dala nya. as in 12 pieces. nahirapan akong Makita sya kasi feeling ko unang mag cramps yung braso ko kesa sa mga legs ko. hihihihi

inggit ako sa sasali sa takbo runfest. hmph.