Compound Vs Isolation

• 2 weeks later...

Compound exercises specifically squats, shoulder press, bench press, barbell row, deadlifts, pull-ups, planks etc. target several muscle groups and are good for building a strong base. For beginners, or for those opting for a full body workout, I suggest doing each of these exercises. For more intermediate to advanced gym rats, they already have a strong base and prefer to workout by muscle groups. This is when you can add isolation exercises to your routine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

BAkit kino-comapre un isolation sa compound? it serves different purpose, as we all know isolation movements promotes definition and building up your weak points (Aesthetically Speaking), or a specific muscle and compound movements are for building overall mass for a certain muscle group, siguro ang mas tamang tanong eh, High Reps-Light Weight or Low Reps-Heavy Weight

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Avid weightlifter/college wrestler here. for peope who are just starting to lift weights, They should do compound exercises such as squats, clean and jerk press, barbell row, deadlifts. Nothing packs muscles like compound exercises. after 6 months then they can start to experiment with training splits which targets specific muscle groups , this is the time for them to experiment with isolation exercises.

Isolation exercise on a skinny physique is a waste of time with my experience.

Depends upon the muscle being targeted, there is no full isolation exercise for a particular muscle since muscles act antagonistic to each other to maintain stability. While one is a prime mover, anoyher muscle will counteract to perform an action.

unless you use machines and other platform that really isolates the muscles. Isolation exercises are also good for variety or if you want to increase the poundage of a certain exercise. ex. I got stuck with a bench press of 270lbs for 5 reps. I can not increase the weight no matter what, we tried negative phase training with increased weight, nothing happened. my coach then recommended that I train my rear delt, front delt and triceps individualy. He asked me to do 120 push ups every other day regularly . then he made isolation exercise regimen for my rear aand front delt and triceps. after 6 weeks I did 7 reps of 270lbs. My poundage lifts are really not that impressive but I just weigh 150lbs back then

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...