• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Restaurant Complaints

Guest BDC0425

Haven't food service restaurants in the Philippines used individually wrapped straws yet? Dito sa US, it's a basic service specially for fastfood where the straw dispenser is out in the counter area. To use it you'll have to remove the paper/plastic packaging. Unwrapped straws are frowned upon. I hope the food industry in the Philippines becomes more food safety conscious.

The straws in Chowking are in plastic packaging ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When I eat at restaurants I'm very meticulous with their softdrink straws. That is why when I get one or they gave me a straw I always see to it that the inside is clean otherwise I won't use it at all. Some of the restaurants with dirty straws are:

Kenny Rogers Megamall

Kenny Rogers Greenhills

Wendy's Shopwise Cubao

Tokyo Tokyo Alimall

i read in an article somewhere advising not to use straws, there are plastic 'dusts' that will be carried on inside your body. don't drink from plastic cups either.

• 3 weeks later...

masyado nang deteriorated and service ng jollibee. sobra na. just the other day yung service crew who was taking our order ay NGO-NGO!!!

me ay tahayk yo oder?

pambihira..

Hmm, I don't think we should take that against them, after all tao rin naman sila and katulad rin lang natin na naghahanap buhay.

'Yun Pancake House sa Trinoma, ang bagal mag serve. Antagal na namin nakatayo sa harap, walang lumalapit, eh nagchichikahan lang naman. Kung hindi ko pa papalakpakan walang lalapit para iseat kami. Ayun, puro sorry naman nun pinatawag ko 'yun manager.

Hmm, I don't think we should take that against them, after all tao rin naman sila and katulad rin lang natin na naghahanap buhay.

'Yun Pancake House sa Trinoma, ang bagal mag serve. Antagal na namin nakatayo sa harap, walang lumalapit, eh nagchichikahan lang naman. Kung hindi ko pa papalakpakan walang lalapit para iseat kami. Ayun, puro sorry naman nun pinatawag ko 'yun manager.

not take that against them dahil ngo-ngo ang nasa counter and taking my order? how about sa restaurant tapos ang taga-serve sa iyo ay pilay ang kamay? how about a cashier na mali mali ang i-compute na bill mo?

not take that against them-- sure tao rin naman sila and naghahanap buhay pero ILAGAY NAMAN NILA SA TAMA.

ngo-ngo na taga-kuha ng order mo. kung mali or hindi mo naintindihan ang pag-confirm ng order mo (lalo na ngayon na halos automatic ang pag-upgrade sa order mo), you won't take that against them?

sir, upgrade ng drinks? upgrade ng fries? upgrade to juice or ice tea? kung hindi mo naintindihan at umoo ka-- dagdag sa bill mo.

you do not and should not put someone with a speaking disability/handicap behind the counter. i-assign mo sa kitchen or sa dining area where speaking to the customer is not essential.

• Like (+1) 1

chowking sa may sm bicutan...bukod na ginawang tambayan ng mga skwater ung labas ang panget pa ng service at food nila

minsan umorder misis ko ng beef wanton noodle. pagdating nung mami, amoy panis tlga..napakaasim...

tinawag ko ung isa sa mga tao nila tapos pinaamoy ko ung mami.

sabi ba naman sa amen na "sir, ganyan tlga yan dahil sa ingredients"

footah! may maasim ba na ingredient sa beef mami?

di na kami kumain dun ulet kahit kailan...pakshet na resto yan

i hate restos who have bottomless drinks of this, bottomless drinks of that, but in the end, kulang na lang magmakaawa ka para i-refill yung glass mo. somehow, they have this attitude not to look at you when your glass is almost empty. on the other hand, meron din naman prompt ang service pero kakaunti lang ang mga ito. nuf said.

• 2 weeks later...

that is why I get sodas in cans whenever possible. when it comes to fastfood places naman I always tell them not to put ice.

I do the same thing. Although I'm always obliged by fastfood crews, there was this one time in Wendy's Robinson's Place Malate where the order-taker filled my Biggie Iced Tea about 1.5 inches below the rim of the cup. When I complained, she said, "Sir, kasi walang ice, so hanggang diyan lang talaga. Puno yan pag may ice." I just stood there and glared at her like I was gonna wring her neck. Hindi gumagalaw ang pila. When the manager noticed, I stated my case. Ayun, pinuno din. Kasimple-simpleng bagay bibigyan ka pa ng B.S. na palusot eh.

This happened somewhere in our province almost a year ago.

I decided to have dinner in a restaurant where they serve the tastiest Lechon Manok and Lechon Kawali in town. I was with few relatives and househelps. 15 minutes passed after they took my order, they served their warm rice wrapped in banana leaves. Naturally, you'd prepare your sawsawan and would assume, malapit na ang ulam i-serve. Another 10 minutes passed, I started to get annoyed waiting for our food. I asked them nicely to check our order. Malamig na ang kanin. But still, tuloy ang kwento with them. After few minutes, they served the dessert! That was when I reacted.

me: "Excuse me. Ano yan?"

waitress: "Mam, dessert nyo po."

me: "Can't you even notice? Wala pang ulam... bakit na kami magdedessert? San ang manager nyo?"

waitress: "Wait lang mam"

Nah.. di ako galit. I swear. :P

Biglang bumilis ang kanilang service. I think two minutes or less nun, they served our ulam. By then, di ko pa nakausap ang manager. After we had our meal, I asked for the bill... and their manager again.

Lumapit si Manager. Handed me the bill and I talked to her. I noticed mababa ang bill as I expected so I asked.

me: "Baka miscomputed, kasi I ordered for two whole chickens. Please check, kayo din ang malulugi."

manager: "Mam, sabi nila kasi hindi pa luto ang whole chickens so they served two "half" chickens."

me: "This is the problem. No one ever informed me about the status of our order.... (blah blah blah)"

Remembering that now, natatawa na lang ako. Ganon kami kagutom yata na we didn't even notice na half chickens ang niserve. :lol:

Some people sometimes really have to be reminded. And if you have complaints, always ask to speak to the Manager. S/He's the best person to improve their staff performance. And only them has the authority to give exceptions to their customers.

• 1 month later...

mango bistro in trinoma: :angry:

!. rice was not hot

2. chicken was half cooked

3. No apology from staff about chicken

4. Was given 5% discount (i asked for it) for the trouble although an apology would have been better.

5. not going back ever.

6. for a semi high priced resto, waiter were comparable to jollibee staff in terms of service and experience.

7. no restroom inside the place, buti pa mcdo.

• 8 months later...

This incident didn't happened to me, I only saw this. One Saturday last month, I was dining on KFC @ SM Southmall when 3 middle-aged customers passed on my seat while eating. As they passed while carrying their orders, I smelled something wrong I thought one of them farted. After a while one of them stormed at the counter summoning their manager. Pagkatapos makiusyoso, nalaman ko kung anong kinagagalit nila. Panis ang chicken na sinerve nila! Inamoy ko kung totoo nga and yes, panis talaga at hindi lang nakulob. Walang maibigay na maayos na explanation ang manager nila so I guess totoo ang kwento sa 'kin ng kapatid ko na nagr-recycle sila ng mga food. Grabe parang nawalan ako ng gana kumain ulit sa mga KFC branches.