Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

Hi! May balita ba when 06-07 Trilogy cards will be available at Vertu's shop/s? Thanks!:)

Good question, wink.. The new UD Trilogy would be available today.. afternoon siguro in Vertu's shop in Virra Mall.. Happy hunting, guys.. :thumbsupsmiley:

rookie card i have

grant hill topps embossed and skybox emotion

allen iverson, eddie jones, anfernee hardaway, shao, many more di ko na maalala eh

yung pinaka precious ko sophomore card ni MAGIC JOHNSON retro pa talaga at matanda pa sakin yung cards gawa ng TOPPS free lang daw yun sa bubbe gum noon... in Mint condition pa sya mga sirs...

Good question, wink.. The new UD Trilogy would be available today.. afternoon siguro in Vertu's shop in Virra Mall.. Happy hunting, guys.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks Revi! I was fortunate enough to go to Vertu's shop this morning and managed to still get a few good auto focus cards (Rip Hamilton, Paul Pierce) at a very good price imo. Thanks for the head's up! :)

Thanks Revi! I was fortunate enough to go to Vertu's shop this morning and managed to still get a few good auto focus cards (Rip Hamilton, Paul Pierce) at a very good price imo. Thanks for the head's up! :)

around how much did you pay for the auto focus cards?

Oden paired with Russell in marketing deal

Greg Oden has been drafted by a trading card company, and will be on the same team as Bill Russell.

A possible No. 1 draft pick, Oden signed a multiyear deal Tuesday to become a spokesman for Topps Co. His first deal? A card featuring him and Russell, the Boston Celtics Hall of Famer, on the 50th anniversary of the company's first basketball set.

"Certainly there's been a lot of comparisons to Bill Russell, which we don't run away from," said Bill Sanders, a vice president for BDA Sports Management, which represents Oden.

Greg Oden is fast developing the style and persona to make him a marketer's dream. (Jae C. Hong / Associated Press)

"I think that Greg has got a lot of that in him, but he's also got other skills in him that people don't necessarily associate with Bill Russell. Certainly he's honored to be mentioned in that kind of company. I think one of his goals is to accomplish a little bit of what Bill Russell did."

Topps will also help create Oden's official Web site.

Still to be determined is what team Oden will be on when his card is issued in August.

Wherever he lands, Oden hopes longtime teammate Mike Conley Jr. will be with him.

Oden and Conley won titles at Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis before leading Ohio State to the national championship game. They were back home over the weekend for the Indianapolis 500 before heading to Orlando, Fla., for the predraft camp.

"I mean two kids that won in summer basketball, won in junior high school, won in high school, won and were successful in college and then go pro together, that's probably never happened before in the history of the game," said Conley's father, Mike Conley Sr., who works for BDA Sports Management. "And if they were successful at the NBA level, that would be a marketer's dream."

It would be difficult, however, to get the on the same team because Conley Jr. is perhaps the top point guard in the draft and figures to be off the board quickly. He could go as high as No. 3 to Atlanta, which is desperate for a point guard after passing over Deron Williams and Chris Paul with the second pick two years ago.

Though Oden would be the top pick of many teams because franchise centers are rare, the Blazers, with Zach Randolph and LaMarcus Aldridge on the roster, could be one of the few in position to consider Durant.

Durant, the freshman who starred at Texas, beat Oden in the card contract race when he signed with Upper Deck earlier this month.Oden paired with Russell in marketing deal

Guys,

just got word that after Greg Oden, in a few days, his friend Ohio State PG Mike Conley Jr. will also sign with Topps. This year's Chronology (released after Exquisite, last week of July) will be the last auto of Bill Russell with Upper Deck.

Topps Finest which will come out in less that a month will feature the 1st auto of Greg Oden, Topps will come out with an auto version of the rookie cards for the 07-08 draft. These will be redemption cards and will be available October or November of this year.

For Duncan collectors, his autograph will now be available with Upper Deck as his contract with Topps has already expired.

Got these news just a few minutes ago straight from a call from my contact within Topps.

Pau, to answer your question, lahat ng Oden, from autographs to jersey cards will be exclusive only to Topps. Tulad ni Lebron and Jordan for Upper Deck.

wow!! Duncan is UD na!! Duncan Manu Parker triple auto or Duncan exquisite auto would be nice!

That would be sooo nice, that is, if I could afford one.. :wacko: As of now, Duncan's autographed cards command premiums because of their scarcity.. To make matters worse, TD has not signed any cardboard for over a year now (his last is the 05-06 Topps Big Game)..

I am so excited about UD Chronology.. Its a hyped up (and expensive) product from Upper Deck that would feature cut autographs from basketball HOFers/figures/icons/players.. I can't wait to see what great stuff would Vertu's group be pulling out of these Chronology packs this coming July.. :cool:

Vertu's Virra Mall store would be displaying more UD Trilogy today.. 7 cases of Trilogy to be exact.. So, for those looking for more Auto Focus (Autographed on Glass cards), better scoot down VMall today..

:thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Heheh

Ei peeps ask ko lng lahat ba ng numbered na card mahal?

Nope.. In the late 90's, numbered cards usually command premiums because of their scarcity.. Especially, those who are numbered 100 or below.. I still vividly remember the Vince Carter rookie card from SP Authentic.. That card was numbered to 3500, but was considered scarce.. Everybody wanted that card because of the potential Carter showed in his early years.. If my memory serves me right, that card was valued at a high of $1000 at one point.. (now its at a high of $150..) <_< .. Dami nasunog sa card na ito..

But nowadays, with the emergence of many numbered cards, collectors seem to have lost interest on numbered cards.. Even parallel cards numbered to 10 or 25 do not really command top dollar.. Still 1 of 1's do command top dollar.. Iba pa rin ang 1 of 1.. It also depends on the product (say an Exquisite low numbered card) and the player involved (say a Lebron or MJ)..

Edited by revi

Finally, I was able to take some pictures of the big time cards Vertu recently pulled..

First..

Here are some 1 of 1 cards from Topps Triple Threads.. These cards are also called White Whales..

Dwyane Wade

Carmelo Anthony

and Larry Bird..

The Wade is just sick.. Look at those patches.. Ganda!!! :cool:

post-75683-1180800384.jpg

post-75683-1180800449.jpg

Edited by revi

More of Vertu's recent big time pulls.....

Also Pulled from Topps Triple Threads.. These are triple autographed jersey cards..

Nique, Josh Smith, Carter

Bird, Magic, Rick Barry

Bird, Morrison, Stockton

Bird, Magic, Zeke

Wade, Magic, Bird - a redemption..

IMO, the best is the Nique, Josh Smith and VC combination.. High Flyers.. Slam Dunk Winners.. :cool:

post-75683-1180801151.jpg

Edited by revi

More of Vertu's Jordan and Lebron autographed cards..

His most recent pull is the dual UD Trilogy autographed of MJ and Carmelo Anthony #d to 33....

I have shown some of these cards here before, but because this thread has been awfully quiet lately, I took pictures of some of the Jordan autos once again..

Enjoy!!!

post-75683-1180802619.jpg

post-75683-1180802655.jpg

Edited by revi

This is my favorite of all the cards I have seen from Vertu's collection this week..

Its a Sweet Spot Autographed card of Jordan #d to 10.. This came from last year's UD Sweet Shot.. This card was a redemption.. It was pulled last year pa.. And it only came May of this year.. But the waiting is well-worth it..

This card is just the bomb... If envy can k*ll, it would've killed me already when my eyes laid on this wonderful piece of cardboard.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1180803056.jpg

Edited by revi