Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

@Courtmaster: Grabe! Ang taas natapos nung pinakitang mong autograph piece ng Spurs 2004-05 Championship Squad.. :cool:

Medyo sobrang tahimik sa thread na ito nowadays.. We need some pictures of cards to perk things up.. Once I get to visit Vertu's place, I promise to post some pics of the Triple Threads cases he has opened.. :cool:

The Dallas Mavericks was a team picked by a lot of crtics to win it all this season.. But guess what? Baron Davis and the rest of the 8th seeded Warriors made the Mavs look like sissies.. Baron Davis' cards do not have much value.. But I have kept several cards of his in my collection.. Here are three of the best ones.. (but still not that valuable.. puros sentimental value lamang, hehehe!!!)

Ultimate Collection 2005-06 Autograph

UD Ionix RC Autograph

Apex RC

I know that these cards won't hold up against a hardcore Baron collector.. But I am glad to have kept these stuff.. Hay naku! Don't have any Matt Barnes and S-Jax in my personal collection though.. Here are the cards..

post-75683-1178290406.jpg

hi there! our thread has been quiet lately. so, i'm here to share a very good experience i got in buying cards from ebay.

a few weeks ago, i checked on the cards being sold on ebay. i saw this auction for a 04-05 Fleer Genuine Gold Parallel #2/10 with a starting bid of $2.50 and it was ending with less than a minute but nobody placed a bid. so i tried bidding on it but time ran out. so what i did was, i sent a PM to the seller asking if he was willing to sell me the card at a lower price since no one was made a bid on his card and i also told him that i was going to give it to my brother for his birthday. and he replied by saying "what about $2.25+shipping?". then i replied "what about $1.25+shipping?(okay ba mang-barat ang pinoy?) then he replied, "HEY I GOT A GREAT IDEA..SINCE ITS A BIRTHDAY GIFT HOW ABOUT FREE SHIPPING AND THE CARD FOR SAY....50¢ ??"...i was surprised with his reaction. i though i had offended him so i said sorry and that i didnt mean to offend him...then he replied, "hey U DID NOT OFFEND ME...THE CARD IS YOURS FOR 50¢ SEND ME YOUR SHIPPING INFO....".. so idid what i was told...i was thinking if this guy was joking then by all means take my $0.50 (di naman ganun kalaki ang mawawala sa akin pag di nya isend sa akin dahil .50 or P23.50 lang naman)... then yesterday after 11 days since our transaction, he sent me a PM asking if my brother like the card he sent. i said i haven't received any (then i knew that he indeed sent me the card as agreed for only $0.50)...so i said maybe it will arrive in a couple of days just in time for my brother's birthday. then this morning, it came here at our office. i quickly went down to our lobby to get the package myself (i couldn't wait for our messenger to route it to me). when i got the sealed bubble envelope i was surpised that it was rather thick! i said to myself, he might have protected the card with alot of boards to make it sturdy. but when i opened it, i was shocked! he placed the Marion card in a top loader and then taped it with some other cards! I told myself, wow he gave me some bonus cards and most of them were common looking. until i looked at them slowly one by one. i almost cried in disbelief.

Here's the list of cards he included in the package:

1. Shawn Marion 04-05 Fleer Genuine Gold Parallel #'d 2/10

2. Yao Ming 02-03 Topps RC #185

3. Dwayne Wade 03-04 Rookie Exclusives RC #5

4. Magic Johnson 88-89 Fleer All-Stars Sticker #5

5. Larry Bird 88-89 Fleer All-Stars Sticker #10

6. Emeka Okafor 04-05 Fleer Throwbacks RC #'d 26/50

7. Chris Paul 06-07 Topps Full Court Photographer's Proof #'d 100/199

8. Dwayne Wade 04-05 Fleer Genuine Big Time Jersey BT/DW

9. Dwayne Wade 04-05 Fleer Genuine At Large Jersey AL/DW

10. Wilt Chamberlain 04-05 Flee Genuine Heritage Parallel #'d 039/100

11. Josh Smith 04-05 Flee Genuine Upside RC #'d 310/500

12. Magic Johnson 04-05 Flee Genuine Heritage #'d 198/500

13. Delonte West 04-05 Skybox Premium RC Ruby #'d 35/75

14. Dirk Nowitzki 04-05 Fleer Throwbacks Parallel #'d 25/25 (1 of 1)

15. Allen Iverson 05-06 Topps Finest Uncirculated AI11 #'d 365/399

I got 15 very good cards all in all. each in a penny sleeve and top loader. All for $0.50 or P23.50!

Anyway, i think my post is too long already. Maybe one of you guys here who have an access to Beckett Online can help me check the values of these cards. That would mean alot.

Hope you guys would meet someone as nice as the one i met on ebay.

hi there! our thread has been quiet lately. so, i'm here to share a very good experience i got in buying cards from ebay.

I got 15 very good cards all in all. each in a penny sleeve and top loader. All for $0.50 or P23.50!

Anyway, i think my post is too long already. Maybe one of you guys here who have an access to Beckett Online can help me check the values of these cards. That would mean alot.

Hope you guys would meet someone as nice as the one i met on ebay.

Nice story styx.. Its sure is nice to find a person who would do a good deed to a person he/she does not even know personally.. I do not have access to Beckett Online, but one thing is for sure, the prices of those cards would definitely cover the $.50 you paid.. haha!!!

The Emeka Okafor Fleer Throwback RC alone is valued at $20.. Kinda sleepy tonight.. I will try to do some price searchings on your cards via a Beckett Plus Issue dated January 2007 tomorrow..

BTW.. Your post is not at all too long, coz it was a good read.. :thumbsupsmiley: