Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

used to live in a condo after i got married, it was actually owned by my dad. spacious i might say as it was 2 floors, had a kitchen, dining area, sala, maids quarters on the 1st floor and on the 2nd floor it had 3 bedrooms. it is easier to maintain than living in a house inside a village....catch was, my dad bought me a house and lot after living in the condo for a few years....it was a no brainer and left condo living.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd still prefer the house and lot. I can't do DIY things in a condo like repainting furniture, doing repairs on my van, etc. Too many condo rules also. Have to make note to admin office just to bring up my OWN furniture from my other house. Have to make note again in case I decide to take said furniture or appliance home again. Also hate waiting for the elevator.

I'd rather have a house an hour's drive away from work than a condo which is walking distance from my place of work.