For me. This would follow this order 1. Tatoy' Manokan in Iloilo (Ihaw, Sugba) 2. Country Chicken (Roasted) 3. Popeye (Fast food)

country chicken follows the oriental route to roasted chicken. the life of the taste is in the blending of the taste of the slightly hot sauce and the chicken. i personally prefer it to kenny rogers fiesta chicken. when i want herbed roast chicken, thats when i go to kenny's.

popeye's chicken( not the fastfood) in binondo and sta mesa was competing head to head with savory for oriental style fried chicken in the 80's. IMO, it was better than savory. one could easily smell the fresh aroma of the chickwen frying when pssing thru ongpin. sadly, it was mismanaged has never been the same again. they now have only one branch in t. pinpin under the name mutsarap. the flavor is still there but somewhat the aroma, which was the selling point, is gone.

popeye(the fastfood) chicken, has a oily taste due to the heavy flour coating. the taste is very common and gets to you after a piece. their gravy is the common msg and chicken essence powder used by many, and most probably came from mccormick or some spice blending company.

savory still tastes the same only if you eat it there. forget about takeout. the original owners have supposedly left for the states after kidnapping incidents and left it under care of relatives. such a waste, it was THE chicken during the 70's

the only chicken that has been consistent so far has been terry's chicken in bambang or golden ribbon in n. domingo. im not sure but i think they have branches under different names. the owners still handle daily operations personally. i love their buttered chicken. its a flour and sesame seed coated fried chicken. they deliver in binondo and san juan area. you have to live nearby or just take out and eat the chicken in your car. trust me, its chicken haven when you eat it piping hot in your car. no gravy needed though they provide a sauce.

my vote goes for KFC. pero bat ganun, im currently here at the US pero iba ang timpla ng KFC dito. mas masarap yung nasa pinas. asar! e considering dito nanggaling yun. <_<

kfc (and other foreign fastfood chains) had to "modify" their recipe kasi iba talaga ang panglasa ng pinoy. especially since chickenjoy became such a hit, kfc had to find ways to compete.

for me, hot and crispy ng kfc is the best (fastfood) fried chicken

KFC(Kentucky) Philippine version. i dont like their KFC here in the US. <_< ganun din sa Chickenjoy ng Jollibee. bakit iba ang lasa dito sa states?!

i tasted the Savory chicken way back in 80s. sarap talaga with garlic rice.

masarap din yung fried chicken sa dating Ma Mon Luk sa may Quiapo.

and of course, sariling atin Max fried chicken well done. :P

kfc (and other foreign fastfood chains) had to "modify" their recipe kasi iba talaga ang panglasa ng pinoy. especially since chickenjoy became such a hit, kfc had to find ways to compete.

for me, hot and crispy ng kfc is the best (fastfood) fried chicken

its definitely true, in taiwan its very salty and the chicken breading is fried brownly. in hongkong, very much similar to manila but not as spicy(not referring to hot but spicy as in herbs and spices) and breading is very minimal

KFC(Kentucky) Philippine version. i dont like their KFC here in the US. :P

the breed of chicken itself has something to do with it, next, the kind of oil used. and another factor is the spices and seasonings used. most western countries would prefer bland taste compared to asians who are accustomed to flavorful cuisine