Computer Multi Monitor Setups: How To

I already tried using 2 different OEM XP installers and 1 key (I forgot which key is for which cd installer). Once you go to the activation process, it will say that the product key is not for the CD being installed (wrong serial number). Match COA stickers with CD serials.

sir, pls. PM. my problem is i have to retrieve d files from my hardisk of my PC Penthium 2. IT dept in our office said that they cannot anymore open the hardisk. do u know anyone u can recommend or open & retrieve the old files. tnx MTC & friends. More power to u

Sir, what is exactly wrong with your HD. Mechanical, electrical etc?

Edited by deus
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am using my laptop (Win XP) for product demos and presentations. But before I can run my applications, i need to enable by LAN first even without connecting to other computers, its just a requirement of the product that i am presenting. I don't have a choice but to bring along a hub and connect my LAN cable there. but the hub is quite big enough that i have to bring always and i will also have to connect it into a power supply. is there a tool/hardware that i can just plug to my LAN Card so my LAN will just enable? anyway, im dont intend to connect to other PC, just enable LAN.

Thanks..

let me see if i got it right... you want your laptop to think that it is connected to a network so that the status of your NIC is connected right? because what you want to do is to perform a loopback... i think a lan tester would suffice if all you need to do is to trick your laptop into thinking that it is connected to a network... hope this helps :thumbsupsmiley:

hi there dudes.

i've lost my windows xp pro sp1 installer of my laptop, is there a way or how can i produce a installer cd again.

i still know the product key. my concerne here is,when time comes that i have to reformat my laptop.

original po xp msa sir. sayang kasi.

thanks in advance.

dude

i think you can try to request for a replacement cd from microsoft but there are charges you have to shoulder... if you want to be cost effective go with what they are recommending, buy a "generic" (sounds nicer than pirated :rolleyes: ) and use your original product key... that should work for you... :thumbsupsmiley:

MTC members & friends, pls. help me. Pls recommend a model of portable digital voice recorder that can be use in meeetings, seminars, etc. w/c is sensitive enough. at least 1 GB in memory. Pls. PM me. thank u very much.

im using my ipod with a mic/recorder. suits me fine. malinaw ang recording.

got it for 3k at apple store. looks like this:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...;nplm=TL307LL/A.

let me see if i got it right... you want your laptop to think that it is connected to a network so that the status of your NIC is connected right? because what you want to do is to perform a loopback... i think a lan tester would suffice if all you need to do is to trick your laptop into thinking that it is connected to a network... hope this helps :thumbsupsmiley:

Yes, i just wanted my laptop to think that it is connected to a network so that the status of my NIC is connected.

Here's a scenario:

My laptop will run VMWare. When my NIC is down, the NIC inside the VMWare is also down/offline. Inside the VMWare is a WebApplication, so when I run Internet Explorer, it could not locate the server itself even if it tries to work offline. the only thing it will work is if the NIC is enabled.

Then My actual problem is on how to trick my laptop to think that it is connected to the network..

Yes, i just wanted my laptop to think that it is connected to a network so that the status of my NIC is connected.

Here's a scenario:

My laptop will run VMWare. When my NIC is down, the NIC inside the VMWare is also down/offline. Inside the VMWare is a WebApplication, so when I run Internet Explorer, it could not locate the server itself even if it tries to work offline. the only thing it will work is if the NIC is enabled.

Then My actual problem is on how to trick my laptop to think that it is connected to the network..

imho, if this is the case, why not create a script or a batch file that executes upping of the NIC? and put it in your start-up folder?

the VMWare was installed sa office ko dati pa, with network connection.

the thing is, I have a Client-Server application to run. The Client is the Laptop itself, and the server is what is running inside the VMWare. If the network in my Laptop is down, I will not be able to connect to my server (which is inside the VMWare)

tnx master google... a friend of mine told me na at 15k ok na daw mga specs

at 15k kung brand new.

AMD Sempron 3000+ Processor

ECS Motherboard Socket 970

512 MB RAM

CRT Monitor

80 GB DASD

56k Internal Modem

Use the video card integrated sa mobo. Buy na lang the cheapest PS2 Keyboard and mouse, chaka the cheapest casing. But make sure na madaming ventilation holes yung casing na makukuha mo.

-or-

you can get a second hand, high spec'ed unit at that price sa tipidpc.com. check mo na lang dun. most units there are in excellent/very good condition.

the VMWare was installed sa office ko dati pa, with network connection.

the thing is, I have a Client-Server application to run. The Client is the Laptop itself, and the server is what is running inside the VMWare. If the network in my Laptop is down, I will not be able to connect to my server (which is inside the VMWare)

This is complicated.

Even if you can get a script which will make it look like you're connected, I don't think you'll be able to make your program work. How will the server provide, generate, an IP or hosts names when there is no physical connections? How will your client applications respond to the server, if in case the server can provide what it needs (ip and host name) to make it look like it is physically connected?

But if you can get it work through a script, please feel free to share ... :thumbsupsmiley:

i'm actually also considering hardware. if there might be a device where the other end is RJ45 and the other end is a simple circuit that will make a response to the LAN Card that it is Connected; or something like that. A network hub will work, but im looking for a smaller one (like the size of a mouse, or even smaller) so it will not be so spacious. I have tried to look for network hub that are as small as these, but i can't find anything.

help po. My pc automatically shuts down. Just started recently. It says "virtual memory minimum too low"....

I did check the memory at malaki pa yung space na free. So what could be the problem?

Hay...hope somebody could help me with this.... :(

Check your PC for viruses.

Update your virus definition file.