one cold and rainy friday night (last friday, actually), i went to hap Chan baclaran at 2am for some comfort food: a steaming order of hakaw, salted fish and chicken fried rice, hototay, and siomai. now, that is what i call COMFORT FOOD! :P there was no salted fish and chicken anymore so i ordered yang chow instead. the hototay came first, and its hot and runny soup really made me warm all over =) then the hakaw, fried rice and siomai came. the siomai was passable, but i was really disappointed with the hakaw and the yang chow. the hakaw wrapper was not cooked throughly as it looked like gelatin to me, buti na lang madami yung shrimps sa loob. the yang chow was so-so, mabibilang mo yung green peas, meat bits and shrimps. frankly, mas sulit pa yung yang chow sa luk yuen, at 100pesos/platter, pwede ka nang di umorder ng ulam cuz sobrang dami ng sahog. the one i ordered sa hap chan cost me 150/platter and i was so disappointed :sick:

la lang, share lang po...

Hahaha!

Arroz Caldo is good comfort food.

Anong laman? Chicken or Tuwalya?

Hehehe.....

shredded chicken thighs po.

on a related note... comfort food din pala ang ginataang halo halo... yun coconut milk na may cubed purple yam, banana, kamote, langka and sago...

had some last saturday and it was a treat :)

shredded chicken thighs po.

on a related note... comfort food din pala ang ginataang halo halo... yun coconut milk na may cubed purple yam, banana, kamote, langka and sago...

had some last saturday and it was a treat :)

MmmHmm, I like Ginataang Halo-halo, too.

Especially iyung mainit-init pa.

Best iyun during rainy days to Comfort urself while in the arms of ur baby. :blush:

MmmHmm, I like Ginataang Halo-halo, too.

Especially iyung mainit-init pa.

Best iyun during rainy days to Comfort urself while in the arms of ur baby. :blush:

hehe... ingat lang po sa pagkain ng guinatan ... bka matapunan kyo ng baby mo :boo:

nachos -- yan ang comfort food of the day ko. yun mdami cheese sauce at me salsa and ground meat...

sarap nyan while watching tv or reading... :)

hehe... ingat lang po sa pagkain ng guinatan ... bka matapunan kyo ng baby mo :boo:

nachos -- yan ang comfort food of the day ko. yun mdami cheese sauce at me salsa and ground meat...

sarap nyan while watching tv or reading... :)

Yum, Nachos.

Best Nachos I've tasted so far is the one at BoraBar in The Fort.

That will comfort my day anytime. :)