What Is Your Internet Access?

396 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Internet Access?

• Internet Prepaid Card
    • Office
    • Computer Rentals
    • your Own PC at home

Yes, I use a Moto V3xx via Smart. 114 kbps daw but I doubt if I get much more than 56 kbps. But okay na rin because it is as cheap as an Icafe (P20 per hour) Its not for sustained connections. Pulling emails or sending emails. Browsing too. But if you are looking to do sensitive online stuff like banking better get a more stable connection first.

Bayan DSL will still be better unless you need the mobility.

Pare hindi OT:

At Home: 2 mbps DSL from Bayantel

At Work : 10 mbps fibre plus 4 x E1s from PT&T for backup into two Cisco routers and Allied Telesyn switches plus

BPO kaya negosyo ko. But since I use mostly outgoing, I can download all I want without affecting the business.

thanks for the info. i'm using v3xx now. too slow. i get around 100 to 200 kbps. it's supposed to be doing 1.3mbps to 1.8mbps as what their ads are saying. complained to smart to check if there's a 3.5g coverage in my area since my unit indicates a strong 3g, HSDPA signal but i'm getting a weak reception.

• 2 months later...
thanks for the info. i'm using v3xx now. too slow. i get around 100 to 200 kbps. it's supposed to be doing 1.3mbps to 1.8mbps as what their ads are saying. complained to smart to check if there's a 3.5g coverage in my area since my unit indicates a strong 3g, HSDPA signal but i'm getting a weak reception.

If you conect through Smart as I do when on the road, you're out of luck. smart is not HSDPA. They are just 3G gprs/EDGE and that maxes at 384 kbps. If you want real 3.5G HSDPA you will have to subscribe to Globe's Visibility plan which I am also looking at. If I decide to sign up for one, I will post an FR here. But I'm still trying to decide whether to use a mobile phone or a card on my laptop...

5 x E1s in the office into one Mikrotik router with extended range WiFi for laptops and 4 x 48 port Allied Telesyn switch

At home: 2 mbps DSL from Bayantel connecting via a Linksys XRG router and Linksys VOIP router and one 48 port Allied Telesyn switch

Both connections running off static IPs from my /21 IP allocation from APNIC.

I also use Smart Internet through their 3G service off my Moto Razor V3x. Yes, parang land line ang speed as in 1993 era pero okay na rin because:

1. Mobile, you have internet even while stuck in traffic

2. cheap, P10 for every 30 minutes. Parang mumurahin na internet cafe

But when doing this, it is best to connect via USB cable to your G3 phone so that the battery does not ran down. The phone will charge off your laptop's USB port. Just make sure you have enough power on your laptop. It is also faster than using bluetooth.

At work I have 5 IAS E1-class leased lines from Bayantel and they work fine. My Bayantel-supplied 2 mbps DSL at home does drop its speed around 5 pm to about 11 pm each day where you only get 800 kbps. At other times, I can hit 1.4 to 1.7 mbps actual throughput.

Just to make an update/correction...

This setup is no more. I moved to Makati and now connect via optical fiber and fast thernet from PT&T using a virtual BGP router also supplied by PT&T. Simpler setup, lower manpower requirement, better throughput, and easier bandwidth management.

Verizon :thumbsdownsmiley: Cable Guy from Time Warner will be here in 10 minutes to switch me back to Time Warners Road Runner Blazing Fast and now cheaper too!!! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: