396 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Internet Access?

• Internet Prepaid Card
    • Office
    • Computer Rentals
    • your Own PC at home

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Love prepaid cards with FREE INTERNET on offpeak hours! been using them for 2 years now.. I do lots of downloading and since I dont have to be there, I dl during offpeak hours. Heck, 2 years ago, they werent even free.. just at a reduced rate. I even subscribed with Compass-Unlimited Offpeak (from 1:00am or is that 2:00am?? P600 pesos a month! can ya believe it??! Now its FREE!)

Had used several since then.. some starts at 1:00am and even 2:00 am end ends at 7:00am. My favorite was Infocom.. 12-7:00am. Good speed, no disconnections.

But recently, been using Evolve.. it starts at 11:00pm and ends at 8:00 am.. 2 extra hours. I can even get in a few hours chat (till 1 or 2:00am) while dling . Typically, I can dl 80-100 mb a day. Multiply that by 30 days and thats almost 3 gigs a month of goodies for FREE (or P100, which is the value of the card .. with 9 hours regular internet) NOT A BAD DEAL AT ALL. (plus phone line is not tied up during the daytime).

Sometimes Im thinking of getting Destiny's cable internet (esp the P 800+(?) for 60 hours package.. but since im quite happy with my downloading pace (I cant even keep up burning them on CD so i can regain HD space) Ive been putting it off for a while...

One more thing.. (I had to think long and hard about this before posting.. it could ruin a good thing for me... :-)

I normally use software to autoconnect and disconnect (especially needed for cards that automatically charges you once you're past their offpeak hour , eg., past 8:00am). Recently I forgot to run this software and I discovered sometimes the connection doesnt drop after 8:00am and continues for the rest of the day!! Like on a Sunday. (I thought maybe theres nobody in the ISPs office on Sunday or they were lax? But isnt that supposed to be automatic..like programmed in the software already? Not that Im complaining mind you!!!) Doesnt happen everyday, but it happened maybe 4 times now. FREE 24 HOURS INTERNET!!!!

I even got worried that somehow I could be charged for this, like a long-distance call maybe. But its a local no. and theres no warning on their website (in fact it says connection will be AUTOMATICALLY cut on 8:00am.) Even considerd maybe my PC disconnected and somehow reconnected to some other ISP (I have

Bayantel internet pay-per-use) But no, i checked that. What do you guys think is happening here?

Like I said, Im not complaining! (I hope no one from Evolve is reading this.. hehehe) I know sharing this here may lead to this unexpected freebie being noticed and cut-off, But I know its not gonna last forever anyway.... (/me crossing fingers...)

• 1 month later...