• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Cellphone Reviews

Guest Dobermaxx

I updated to v21 a little over a week ago via software updater, no hassles no issues. The touchscreen response is a lot better now which is a good enough reason to do the update. The music player is still crappy though, so i'm using Mobifactor PowerMP3 which is an excellent player. Still no DivX support though. :(

Depende kasi sa gamit mo ng phone kung puros surfing and using itunes ka ay go for the iphone. E71 is a busines phone, i cant save lots of my documents here, pwede din ang power point presentation. :headsetsmiley:

sorry sir centrino, nagkamali sa typing, CAN save lots of my ducuments. :hypocritesmiley:

I updated to v21 a little over a week ago via software updater, no hassles no issues. The touchscreen response is a lot better now which is a good enough reason to do the update. The music player is still crappy though, so i'm using Mobifactor PowerMP3 which is an excellent player. Still no DivX support though. :(

although firmware v21 was available since april (some of my gps friends immediately updated v20 and their units got bricked), nokia released it in their sites only recently after making series of tests to prove its worth.

sir tempest21, nokia t.morato is not knowledgeable how to add chinese or any other language than english and pilipino in our locally-bought 5800. after upgrading to v21, i noticed there's now a dictionary in the 'applications'. the dictionary will further permit you to download chinese and other language dictionaries. i downloaded the chinese, but on the place of characters, i get rectangles of the translations. you can hear a native speaker reading those rectangles though. i think we lack 'one more level to be there'! no problems with french and other latin-based languages.

Edited by remoteworld

iphone is one great phone.

try browsing iphonestore and you'll bewildered by its quantity of quality software, the forte of apple.

5800 is one great phone too. i have lauded its features since i started posting in this forum. but software is still wanting.

now here's a page from SMARTPHONE & PDA (British Ed.), issue 88 (June '09):

post-149034-1245494876.jpg

Edited by remoteworld
i think that red circle is only the light sensor not a camera

just be careful using chrome/metal casing of nokia.. ive had experiences wherein metal parts had rust. used N3230 and currently using E90.

yung naka re circle sir ay camera, however you can only use it during video calls only. The light sensor is the one on the left side, near sa earpiece.

punta ka sa isang wifi location. in your phone, i-download mo ang pdf reader thru 'downloads' sa 'applications'

they'll charge you P 15 para maactivate!

sad to say, after upgrading the firmware to v21, tapos na ang early-buy promo for pdf reader lite. so i ended up paying

P 714.50 using mastercard. on the positive side, [microsoft] quickoffice is still free - that makes my word, excel and powerpoint files readable in 5800

as promised by v21, some gps functions improved (aside from my overmentioning of added 'geotagging' in your pictures taken with it). notably, the speed of picking up the satellites. paired with sirfstart bluetooth, my unit when cold-started (tunrned on in a place far from the last opened location) is easily located by satellites in 5 seconds flat!

and there were more applications available for download in 'download'. clap clap clap clap clap :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by remoteworld

Just wondering ... the N5800 comes in 3 colors namely: black, red and blue. is there any major difference between the 3 aside from the physical appearance?

Would there be a difference in the display (ie. if red then your lcd background is also red, if black then also black)?

Just wondering ... the N5800 comes in 3 colors namely: black, red and blue. is there any major difference between the 3 aside from the physical appearance?

Would there be a difference in the display (ie. if red then your lcd background is also red, if black then also black)?

according to nokia centers, these models have differences. that's why the firmware upgrade for the blue came before the red, and the black/gray is still not available (daw)

according to nokia centers, these models have differences. that's why the firmware upgrade for the blue came before the red, and the black/gray is still not available (daw)

would appreciate to know what the main difference would be ... Am in the process of getting one. I don't like to appearance of the blue unit. My choices boils down to the red or black unit.