• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Cellphone Reviews

mga gurus sir san maganda magload po ng nokia 5800 compatible games na free? thanks po

um, subjective kasi, kung ano ang 'maganda' sa akin, possible na 'pangit' naman sa iba.

try www.store.ovi.com or nokia.com.hk, both of them offer free applications for download ... to name a few. part of the fun in having is finding. kaya surf ka lang ng surf !

what app do you use to convert vids to mp4?

i just noticed you're a moderator. hahaha. anyway, we must have met in one of bizman's pakulo wherein he invited wii games to be played.

how to 'videograb' youtube videos and convert them to .mp4? hmmm, are you familiar with video codecs? if not, you have to ask someone who knows, probably someone who studied in sti, that sort of guy. i'm not that sort of guy, my computer education was limited to apple then, when an apple is either II or IIc. yeah, i'm that old.

run your video grabber (surf for free ones) before running youtube, play the video you want before pressing the grabber's hotkey ... after you saved the video (which are in .flv formats), you look for a converter (probably in greenhills) of .flv to .mp4

now, there's about 8 kinds of .mp4 so i play safe by using 450kbps (medium quality). oh, there are also avi/mp4 types which you should avoid ... hmmm, i'm not really the mentor type. hehehe. but if you have the time, why don't we spend drinking somewhere in the quezon avenue area. i don't want to be bribed with a drink to give away secrets but somehow it always work! hahaha

kidding aside, there's a thread in mtc's lifestyle forums about 'saving a youtube video to ipod or iphone'. pls read that. i have a different method than theirs though ...

Edited by remoteworld
um, subjective kasi, kung ano ang 'maganda' sa akin, possible na 'pangit' naman sa iba.

try www.store.ovi.com or nokia.com.hk, both of them offer free applications for download ... to name a few. part of the fun in having is finding. kaya surf ka lang ng surf !

Thank you sir! na overwhelm ako sa dami ng libre iba na syempre referred ng mga tulad nyo na gurus para virus free thanks again sir!

i bought my nokia n82 for only 9500, without box manual etc

lahat ng phone ko galing sa mom ko ,

ive been wanting to buy myself a brand new phone ever since..

so if ever im gonna buy one..its nokia 5800

hehehe

if you ever buy one, upgrade it to the latest firmware first (v21) before saving your phone list, etc.

then you activate your umobile account, add software and songs, etc.

good luck, young sir. for me 5800 fits in my lifestyle, i hope it suits you too

wow 15,000 gran nalang? i bought mine last feb, for 19,000. v.11.. sucks no updates coming out yet for my phones version. can't use the front camera, and install latest app. like light saber. but its a good phone. web browsing, it has rss feeds.. camera isn't that big of a deal though.

firmware v21 is now available for download from www.nokia.com.ph

they will warn you to backup everything in your cellphone and memory card before updating. now this is something i want to do but i haven't tried yet. if any of you guys know how to backup the phonelist (almost 500 names), etc. pls post it here

should i remove my memory card before updating the firmware? how can i transfer my phonelist to a temporary card (?) then put them back again after the update? safe kaya? hmmm....

one of the best features of v21 is geotagging. turn on your gps, take a shot, and voila! your picture's exif file will contain the geophysical coordinates, making it easily plottable in googlemaps, etc. v21 is supposed to fix some bugs of the earlier versions. but as an oldhand in programming, i'd say a new version might fix old bugs, but it might also create new ones. hehehe

they will warn you to backup everything in your cellphone and memory card before updating. now this is something i want to do but i haven't tried yet. if any of you guys know how to backup the phonelist (almost 500 names), etc. pls post it here

should i remove my memory card before updating the firmware? how can i transfer my phonelist to a temporary card (?) then put them back again after the update? safe kaya? hmmm....

one of the best features of v21 is geotagging. turn on your gps, take a shot, and voila! your picture's exif file will contain the geophysical coordinates, making it easily plottable in googlemaps, etc. v21 is supposed to fix some bugs of the earlier versions. but as an oldhand in programming, i'd say a new version might fix old bugs, but it might also create new ones. hehehe

sir RW

can your phone read and write chinese characters?

sir RW

can your phone read and write chinese characters?

i haven't tried installing any language pack that will support languages other than english. so the chinese title in my mahjong game are simply 2 upright rectangles. it never occurred to me to improve it.

i'll check nokia.com.hk how to install chinese. libre lang naman mga yan.

Thank you sir! na overwhelm ako sa dami ng libre iba na syempre referred ng mga tulad nyo na gurus para virus free thanks again sir!

try also www.globe.com.ph but they charge 30 to 50 pesos per game. if you happen to like the game, sulit na!

caveat emptor: www.globe.com.ph is like other websites that sell software. some of the programs may not work with symbian 60 5th edition series. but for the ridiculously priced P 30 to P 50 per, those applications maybe worth risking to buy!

at the other end of the competition, itunes store sells their software at $ 0.99 which is comparable! hmm, mukhang masarap din mag-iphone. nope, 5800 pa rin ako

Edited by remoteworld

hehehe, i'm replying again to my own post. anyway, i've been to a nokia center and i was told the v21 is only available for the blue units, i've to wait another week for my red to be upgraded. and yes, their place is willing to upgrade it for me. now that's a relief, they'll do the backing up and restoring. i'm in no hurry for the upgrade, even the geotagging has to wait. right now playing aveyond is my top priority!