• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Cellphone Reviews

recently i downloaded and installed a nifty file screensnap. what it does is take a snap shot of your 5800 screen by pressing the camera buttton then save it in images/screensnap in .jpg format so you can easily share it. here's a sample taken from my games directory:

post-149034-1242879881.jpg

here's my menu directory:

post-149034-1242879966.jpg

and here's the first page from my 3-page applications directory:

post-149034-1242880044.jpg

if you're a pocket pc veteran, it's likely you're familiar with 'spb mobile', a software which places your favorite applications on the homescreen. nokia 5800 borrowed this idea to give the user ease and flexibility by putting your 4 favorite applications on your homescreen. thus, from the standard 4 shortcuts ...

post-149034-1243060909.jpg

i changed them to my favorite applications:

post-149034-1243060962.jpg

the icon at the top left is 'torchlight' to convert your 2 camera lights into a strong flashlight; next is 'calculator', followed by 'speeddial' (where i put up the faces of my 9 most frequently contacts), then 'messaging'.

here's a snapshot of an amazing game, 'marble maze', which takes advantage of 5800's motion sensor:

post-149034-1243061093.jpg

note that i used 'screensnapper' for the above pictures to show my point.

Edited by remoteworld

somewhere inside the 'settings' menu is 'backup'. i would recommend that everyone should use that once a week. not that an unusual bad luck happened to me during the installation of a funny-sounding game, but it's good practice to avoid repopulating your cellphone with contacts the hard way.

and just when i thought i've exhausted the net of free applications for 5800, i found a loadful and installed these readily:

15 (the 15 numbers sliding game)

solitaire board (a peg jumps on top of another to eliminate the latter, u win if only 1 peg is left in your last move)

breakout (slide a puck horizontally to bounce back a metal ball back to a wall of bricks)

blackjack (oversimplified: no money, no scoring system, only 1 hand against the banker)

5 language packs (hear common travelling phrases in german, french, etc. )

all of the above programs work in my unit in spite of the warning my phone is not compatible!

you bet, i 'backup'ed my files before i installed the new ones.

Edited by remoteworld

before i use to have problems with the phone, i suggest updating the phone t oits new version most of the problems were solved already.... so it turns out a good phone after all specially the new photo viewer for me its better than viewing pic in i phone

Thanks a lot, sir. I already bought one coz I really want to change my old Communicator (the 9500).. The e90 ain't cut out for me, coz its another expensive phone and I am tired of carrying a "brick" all the time.. The e75 is not something to salivate for as the n97 will come out for this June.. But comparing the e75 to the n97, I'd still get the e75 because it has a keypad, the n97's key pad is touch screen based and I have that in my Omnia (I use two phones kasi).. And I really don't like it.. Hard to use if you have big fingers, IMO.. And sometimes, I also use the keypad rather than the QWERTY.. So having a keypad like the Communicator is a necessity..

If its camera is crappy at night, I really would not mind coz I have the Omnia's beautiful camera..

I also don't feel that its expensive if compared to my phones before - i.e., N9500 (48K) and the N93 (42K).. I have vowed that I won't exceed the 30K mark after I bought the Omnia for 34K.. So, the e75 is perfect for me, specs-wise (because of its ala-Communicator specs) and price-wise..

The only set-back? Yep the D-pad.. But its manageable..

n97 has a keypad. a side-slide keypad.

no plans of buying new phone..

super kuntento na ako sa N95 8g

helps me during dire needs..

and matibay pa 1 1/2 years nang nasa akin di pa rin sha nag exhibit ng any damages...kahit ilang beses ko nang nabagsak.. at low height nga lang...and kahit dami ng laman ng memory mabilis pa rin loading ng pics...

Thanks a lot, sir. I already bought one coz I really want to change my old Communicator (the 9500).. The e90 ain't cut out for me, coz its another expensive phone and I am tired of carrying a "brick" all the time.. The e75 is not something to salivate for as the n97 will come out for this June.. But comparing the e75 to the n97, I'd still get the e75 because it has a keypad, the n97's key pad is touch screen based and I have that in my Omnia (I use two phones kasi).. And I really don't like it.. Hard to use if you have big fingers, IMO.. And sometimes, I also use the keypad rather than the QWERTY.. So having a keypad like the Communicator is a necessity..

If its camera is crappy at night, I really would not mind coz I have the Omnia's beautiful camera..

I also don't feel that its expensive if compared to my phones before - i.e., N9500 (48K) and the N93 (42K).. I have vowed that I won't exceed the 30K mark after I bought the Omnia for 34K.. So, the e75 is perfect for me, specs-wise (because of its ala-Communicator specs) and price-wise..

The only set-back? Yep the D-pad.. But its manageable..

Sir if you are going to sell your Nokia 9500 how will you going to sell it? :unsure: