Cellphone Reviews

i have a Motorola V6 Maxx, and i love it... only thing is i'm having problems making video calls... i already received the settings from Smart for MMS/3G/GPRS but when try to make a video call, it says "video call unsupported"... am i doing anything wrong? is there a setting i need to set in the phone itself for me to be able to make video calls?

i have a Motorola V6 Maxx, and i love it... only thing is i'm having problems making video calls... i already received the settings from Smart for MMS/3G/GPRS but when try to make a video call, it says "video call unsupported"... am i doing anything wrong? is there a setting i need to set in the phone itself for me to be able to make video calls?

Im using V6 Maxx as well! the phone is awesome!!! Complete package! Video call works great (altough im using globe settings...)

Im using V6 Maxx as well! the phone is awesome!!! Complete package! Video call works great (altough im using globe settings...)

mine works na rin :) it's a very nice fone... ang reklamo ko lang is wala ung shortcut feature where you can assign certain options to your keys (shortcut+1 etc) tulad ng nasa v3i at L7... pero aside from that, got no complaints :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a W580i phone..

its a cool phone for its price.. it can support a..almost all kinds of media files.. has a nice large lcd screen display

and its a slide up phone.. a so so camera w/ 2 megapixel. doesn't have a flashlight though.. nor has a flash.

and its sound quality is so good... and its so light to.. and sexy.. and i like the shake it function.. people in the sidewalk are always wondering why you shake your phone like that.. hahah..makes you look cool too.. it has an M2 memory card slot.. it cant make video calls though..

if you want a light sexy music phone thats has a nice keypad.. for a nice price. this the phone for you..

"For those who are bothered by the crappyness, freezing & slow response of some N-Series phones (N70, N91 or N72 or even N73)

you may try to look at the new Nokia 6120 classic.....small form factor, Micro SD, 2 MP Camera, Radio, USB port, light weight, runs on the same Series 60 Symbian 9.3 OS, fast response, has 3G and HSDPA or 3.5 G...IMHO this trumps all the handset models i mentioned (except N73's 3.2 MP Carl Zeiss Optics Camera with Autofocus)...

and best of all..its CHEAP! biggrin.gif less than 12K"

Thanks for the tip Sir orionpax, I will try to check this out.

Edited by johnlove
any reviews on the Nokia 5310 xpress music phone?

I was just about to post comment today on 5310. didnt know if it should go here or if it was ok to make a thread. Anyways.....

I got a 5310 on xmas day as a present from a relative... Dec 25... had been wanting this unit even before it came out... My mistake was not looking for user reviews prior to making my wishlist STUPID!!!!.

Bottomline is... the phone keeps restarting or rebooting when you play music on it. As I have read the reviews now... (on hindsight I should always read reviews) I am using a 4gb sandisk microSD on the unit. Bought the memory from HK. (reputable establishment BROADWAY chain of electronic stores.... kalaban ng fortress.... not the fake stuff)

First thought it was the sun sim card... changed to globe sim and still had problems... removed the sim card and played... still had the restarting problem... it does not restart on a fixed basis... basta nlng minsan after an hour minsan after a few min minsan takes 2 hours or more.... hindi ko madetermine why. I am using 6300 for my globe and a 2gb microSD no problems, hindi maread or kaya ng 6300 4gb so di ko matest.

Thought it was the memorycard... tried a 2gb... still had problems... ito ang natry ko na:

Sun sim with 4gb restarts

sun sim with 2gb restarts

sun sim with orig nokia 512mb --- not yet tried

globe sim with 4 gb restarts

globe sim with 2gb restarts

globe sim with orig nokia 512mb --- not yet tried

no sim with 4gb restarts

no sim with 2gb restarts

no sim with orig 512 mb ok for more than 2 hours

Based on the reviews ive read... it seems that the restarting problem goes away if you convert music files to aac or other format... basta wag lang mp3... hassle. I will try it pero may nabasa din ako na its useless because he tried it already.

so my advice wag muna kayo bumili nitong 5310.... go for the 6300...

post-110040-1199629766.jpg

BlingCell.jpg (300x300)

Thanks to BLAVISH.COM for all the info. & pix of this BLING CellPhone!

Direct your oooh's & ahhh's at the Peter Aloisson-designed diamond encrusted & encrypted cell phone.

This $1.3 million baby designed by the Austrian jeweler Aloisson for the Moscow-based company JSC Ancort, is the ultimate in spectacular.

With 50 diamonds, 10 of them blue, you & your other financially-endowed pals can have encrypted calls all over the place & look like high quality pimps. Choose from white or pink gold & enjoy your encrypted phone calls, as the NSA enjoys them as well.

~P.S.

Make sure when you buy this babe, don't go on dropping it. Answer you calls with both your hands ...

I was just about to post comment today on 5310. didnt know if it should go here or if it was ok to make a thread. Anyways.....

I got a 5310 on xmas day as a present from a relative... Dec 25... had been wanting this unit even before it came out... My mistake was not looking for user reviews prior to making my wishlist STUPID!!!!.

Bottomline is... the phone keeps restarting or rebooting when you play music on it. As I have read the reviews now... (on hindsight I should always read reviews) I am using a 4gb sandisk microSD on the unit. Bought the memory from HK. (reputable establishment BROADWAY chain of electronic stores.... kalaban ng fortress.... not the fake stuff)

First thought it was the sun sim card... changed to globe sim and still had problems... removed the sim card and played... still had the restarting problem... it does not restart on a fixed basis... basta nlng minsan after an hour minsan after a few min minsan takes 2 hours or more.... hindi ko madetermine why. I am using 6300 for my globe and a 2gb microSD no problems, hindi maread or kaya ng 6300 4gb so di ko matest.

Thought it was the memorycard... tried a 2gb... still had problems... ito ang natry ko na:

Sun sim with 4gb restarts

sun sim with 2gb restarts

sun sim with orig nokia 512mb --- not yet tried

globe sim with 4 gb restarts

globe sim with 2gb restarts

globe sim with orig nokia 512mb --- not yet tried

no sim with 4gb restarts

no sim with 2gb restarts

no sim with orig 512 mb ok for more than 2 hours

Based on the reviews ive read... it seems that the restarting problem goes away if you convert music files to aac or other format... basta wag lang mp3... hassle. I will try it pero may nabasa din ako na its useless because he tried it already.

so my advice wag muna kayo bumili nitong 5310.... go for the 6300...

my wife has this phone for more than 6 mos already and has not encountered any problems at all ...