Cellphone Reviews

Its not bad, but being Nokia's first Touchscreen (actually they had a touchscreen model several years before but it used a different OS), it has its share of growth pains.

The first major firmware revision v20/v21 brought performance improvement by raising the clock speed of the ARM processor.

The next major firmware revision v30/v31 brought stability fixes.

The next major revision v40 (and later on v41) brings kinetic scrolling as well as more performance and stability improvement.

Any Nokia N97 review here?

n97 is ok! i had it for about 6 months, its like using 5800! the best here is havin a 1gb memory and expandable memory, wide screen, faster internet and good camera! downside is naghahang kahit di naman madami nkadownload, pero maybe its my phone lng, all in all its an ok phone!

fyi, may lumabas na n97 mini, smaller, with diff colors, same specs

I just downloaded the Ovi Maps 3 with the free navigation. So far it's been excellent. It just makes a great phone even better.

for those who have problems installing garmin xt (really rather tedious to do so), you may opt to use ovi maps. ovi maps provide decent maps for metro manila, metro cebu and baguio. can't say the same thing about the other cities (bacolod, naga, etc. were sparcely plotted at best, though i expect improvements in future versions of ovi maps). the provincial major roads were present so it's rather helpful to casual tourists. since most of our travelling is done in metro manila, you'd appreciate its well-drawn street maps.

Edited by remoteworld

http://zomgitscj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nokia-5530-xpressmusic.jpg

The Nokia 5530 is a smartphone and an entertainment device by Nokia. It shares the same platform as the Nokia 5800. It is part of the XpressMusic series of phones, which emphasizes music and multimedia playback. It is the 3-rd S60-based touch device after the Nokia 5800 and N 97 with the same operating system (S60-V5).

POST AWAY GUYS!

Edited by tempest21
http://zomgitscj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nokia-5530-xpressmusic.jpg

The Nokia 5530 is a smartphone and an entertainment device by Nokia. It shares the same platform as the Nokia 5800. It is part of the XpressMusic series of phones, which emphasizes music and multimedia playback. It is the 3-rd S60-based touch device after the Nokia 5800 and N 97 with the same operating system (S60-V5).

POST AWAY GUYS!

well, it looks like a winner judging from reviews. everything i like except the most important one, hmp!, built-in gps hardware.

well, it looks like a winner judging from reviews. everything i like except the most important one, hmp!, built-in gps hardware.

i tried to install the garmin gps, but unfortunately, it was not responding well, when i try to push the "accept" button, there was no response , could this mean that the 5530 is not compatible with garmin?