Cellphone Reviews

There are 2 cellphones of Nokia that capture the essence of the Communicator.. The QWERTY BOARD.. These are the E75 and the the N97.. As we all know, the N-series is the flag-ship division of Nokia and the N97 is its best phone to-date.. (Picture below).. The E75 is the newest phone in the E series and it seeks to emulate the E90.. (Picture also below)

The N97 is packed with I-Phone/Xperia & Communicator features.. Touch Screen and Qwerty board.. I believe the memory is at 32GB internal.. And it really is not bulky as compared to the Communicator line.. The only setback for me? There is no keypad.. But I guess that would compromise the big screen that it has..

The E75 is the closest phone to the Communicator.. It features a keypad and a QWERTY Board, but its smaller than the E90.. Smaller talaga.. hahaha.. 50MB internal but has a free 4GB in the package.. Expandable yata up to 16GB (just like the Omnia).. The setback? Mahirap mag-type dahil maliit ang keyboard kung nasanay ka sa mga Communicators.. But as they say, it takes a little time to get used to a new thing..

Just like you, sir, I have been using my 9500 for over 5 years na din.. I did not buy the e90 coz it did not satisfy my cravings for a smaller Communicator-esque phone.. I bought the e75 because it did satisfy my Communicator needs without compromising my need for a smaller phone..

Someone in Memo Express said that Nokia might just phase out the Communicator-line, because of the N97 and the E90.. The brick phone might be a thing of the past daw.. Sinabi daw ito sa seminars nila..

FYI, I am currently using an Omnia too as my other network phone..

Here are the pictures..

Thanks for posting, very good analysis!

Edited by johnlove
  • 2 weeks later...
I have this model of Phone and love it ... although it at times can be frustrating in being a bit complicated.

same here, parati kong natatapon ung fon ko kasi nag ha-hang...

but the feature are good, pag marunong ka nga lang ng apps.

madali lang din makasagap ng connection

i like it

you can make letters and spreadsheets in quickoffice so it helps me at work

there's also wifi

what i don't like about it is that it doesn't recognize numbers. for example when someone texts you, and you save his/her number. when you return to the inbox, his/her name will not show, it's still just a telephone number.

or when you have multiple contact entries of the same number, the phone won't recognize any of them, it'll just display a number.

oh, and you can't edit pictures, unlike the N series.

other than that, it's a satisfactory phone for work or business.

that's what it was designed for anyway.

i like it

you can make letters and spreadsheets in quickoffice so it helps me at work

there's also wifi

what i don't like about it is that it doesn't recognize numbers. for example when someone texts you, and you save his/her number. when you return to the inbox, his/her name will not show, it's still just a telephone number.

or when you have multiple contact entries of the same number, the phone won't recognize any of them, it'll just display a number.

oh, and you can't edit pictures, unlike the N series.

other than that, it's a satisfactory phone for work or business.

that's what it was designed for anyway.

the E-series was meant for business purposes, i also like the phone so much that im willing to trade my previous phone (5800) to this one (thanks sis) hehe

regarding this one, this kind of error already exists ever since nokia 7650, dont worry sir since you have saved your friends number, the next time he texts you, his name will appear.

what you can do is just add an another detail to the contact info

just go to options and add details and thats it

regarding the edit pictures option, yes i was also dissapointed with this one, but we can always download a software for editings and etc.

same here, parati kong natatapon ung fon ko kasi nag ha-hang...

but the feature are good, pag marunong ka nga lang ng apps.

madali lang din makasagap ng connection

a lot of friends sold their 5800 a days after buying. it seems all of those defective units were from arab countries. i remember someone who came from dubai trying to sell me a brand new 5800 (sealed at that!) for only 7k bucks

to everyone:

i've read through this thread

so in the end, would you recommend still 5800?

i'm not too sold with the N97...i find the screen awkward when you open the qwerty keypad, pangit ang angle along with tiny space bar; besides parang outrageous ang price

however, looking at screenshots of 5800, parang awkward din naman ung size ng text screen with the qwerty keypad on, meron bang vertical view options ang 5800 with the qwerty keypad activated (ala I-phone)?

am planning to get this with a contract from smart, have you heard anything about them passing on defective units from the middle east?

however, looking at screenshots of 5800, parang awkward din naman ung size ng text screen with the qwerty keypad on, meron bang vertical view options ang 5800 with the qwerty keypad activated (ala I-phone)?

FULL SCREEN QWERTY yan naka landscape mode.

try mo yung mini-QWERTY, parang iPhone style sya (vertical). although mas maliit ang size ng buttons nun compared sa iPhone.