Cellphone Reviews

choices kind of wide and may be too hard to compare ... for example xpressmusic 5800 maybe the top of the line now and they also have lower end like the 5000. Same as with the N and E series.

But in general, these series caters to a selective market ...

the xpressmusic is nokia's music phone and supposedly have the best sound quality. E for business use speacially if one is into heavy emailing. the N series I guess is their top of the line ... business w/ pleasure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
to my dismay, andami setback ng 5800 para sa kin, madalas magloko music player plagi searching uulitin mo ulit download ng music, you need to restart madalas kasi minsan ayaw mag send ng message lumalabas sa send pero hindi ka nabawasan at hindi nakarating yung txt.you need to upgrade po

About this matter... I know its an old concern but I just read this topic now.

The same happened to my phone (5800 XM). I found out that the problem here is the Memory Card. Nako corrupt palagi yung mga files kaya paulit ulit ka maglalagay ng music and other content. The worst part is that it still taked the same space as before. kung 4 Gigs ang free space mo before corruption, 4 gigs pa rin ang free space after.

The solution I found was to reformat the memory card. I reformatted it on my phone and it has stopped acting up since then.

Just my share of experience using this phone.

After that ordeal, ang ganda na ng performance niya. Anlakas din ng hatak sa opposite sex. Made me instantly interesting. Hehehe. Di ko naman sinasadya pero ganon nangyari.

This phone has changed my life in more ways than one. Hehehe.

if you're going to buy it in a nokia center (there's one in t. morato ave), might as well ask them right there and then to upgrade its firmware to v21.

but if you plan to buy it elsewhere, your next step is to go to nokia center to upgrade its firmware from v11 to v21.

then after the upgrade, surf the net like hell for free apps that are applicable to you. hahaha

some safe apps can be downloaded from nokia: press 'menu' (white bottom center key), 'applications', 'downloads' if you happen to be in a free wifi spot

heck, why not drop by at remoteworld (call me for appointment at 410-0010, it's open from 9am to 9pm) when you've got the 5800. i'll be glad to show you the ropes. i'm an amateur myself in 5800, but i dig the machine so i tweak its "buttons" and features pagka ginaganahan

sir san po ba yung remote world? update: san po ba pinakamurang brand new 5800? ung may warranty po. saka wala. tnx

Has anyone experienced sudden battery draining in their N5800's especially when kept in air tight cases or pouches?

I replaced the packaged carrying case with a fabric carrying case and the battery gets hot after some time and gets drained faster than normal. Another thing is when i place the phone under a pillow, the same "battery drain" occurs overnight (no internet on or other applications on)

I had Nokia phones eversince 1997, this is the first time i have experienced this

Im not sure if the phone needs "ventilation", but phones are tested and designed to work normally even in enclosed areas

Edited by orionpax
About this matter... I know its an old concern but I just read this topic now.

The same happened to my phone (5800 XM). I found out that the problem here is the Memory Card. Nako corrupt palagi yung mga files kaya paulit ulit ka maglalagay ng music and other content. The worst part is that it still taked the same space as before. kung 4 Gigs ang free space mo before corruption, 4 gigs pa rin ang free space after.

The solution I found was to reformat the memory card. I reformatted it on my phone and it has stopped acting up since then.

Just my share of experience using this phone.

After that ordeal, ang ganda na ng performance niya. Anlakas din ng hatak sa opposite sex. Made me instantly interesting. Hehehe. Di ko naman sinasadya pero ganon nangyari.

This phone has changed my life in more ways than one. Hehehe.

wow..san ka pmwesto nun sir alloy at naka hatak ka ng chix :goatee:

anyways back to the topic, are you sure that your mmc is original? kasi pag peke madalas magtopak

this issue never (and hopefully) happened to my unit.

Has anyone experienced sudden battery draining in their N5800's especially when kept in air tight cases or pouches?

I replaced the packaged carrying case with a fabric carrying case and the battery gets hot after some time and gets drained faster than normal. Another thing is when i place the phone under a pillow, the same "battery drain" occurs overnight (no internet on or other applications on)

I had Nokia phones eversince 1997, this is the first time i have experienced this

Im not sure if the phone needs "ventilation", but phones are tested and designed to work normally even in enclosed areas

now thats odd, minsan akin din ganon, naka stand-by lang akin then after waking up in the morning, pansin bawas na kagad ng 1-2 bars un bat ko...

either of these things are happening when the phone is under your pillow:

1. your phone lost its carrier signal and is constantly looking for one thus draining the battery faster

2. it experiences extreme heat while under the pillow (since you put it in a fabric carrying case AND under a pillow)

I'm thinking of buying this model for my wife since she likes a music phone with a decent camera. Would this be a good buy? If so do you guys know of any reputable stores to get this? Ideal if they accept card payments also.

buying 5800 because of music is :thumbsupsmiley: , but buying this one coz of good camera..think not...if budget permits..why not go for nokia n97