• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Cellphone Reviews

Guest Dobermaxx
so far i haven't come across any that plays divx, so i contented myself to playing .mp4 only

btw, has anyone successfully installed the gprs settings of globe so that 5800 can use globe internet?

I have, i just used the built in settings wizard and it set up fine.

Has anyone managed to find a working Divx player for the 5800 that doesn't require the virtual keypad hack?

bro try the smartmovie

funny, i couldn't get into the web unless i'm in a wifi area. better back to tweak it again

sir remote, do you know how to hack the 5800?

Edited by tempest21

sir remote, do you know how to hack the 5800?

nope, but i can always push this and that buttons, right? until i get the system right.

in my early years, i used to 'hack' apple and ibm xt. computer architecture was much simpler then. i used to program with basic (learned the language by the book, then found a company to made me do its inventory program, lakas ng loob lang), dbase, and c. just when i thought i gotten myself comfortable with c++, the software houses introduced a never-ending stream of upgrades. i gave up. it's been a long time i haven't program anything.

oh, going back to basic, one of my old friends, ted, was the 'inventor' of microsoft quickbasic. but microsoft kept sharing that honor/distinction to ted's bosses as well. anyway, he retired very rich! our programming group recently had a reunion last monday at trinoma. many were still active in programming, but they're already top brasses at smart, globe, etc.

sir tempest21, this is a very helpful information. i see you researched around well before buying your unit. a well-paid research indeed.

i always compare the brand new units from the second hand units, i bought my unit for 11000

as you can see, there's only a small difference when it comes to the prices, but my budget wont permit me

so had no choice but to buy the 2nd hand <_<

choices kind of wide and may be too hard to compare ... for example xpressmusic 5800 maybe the top of the line now and they also have lower end like the 5000. Same as with the N and E series.

But in general, these series caters to a selective market ...

the xpressmusic is nokia's music phone and supposedly have the best sound quality. E for business use speacially if one is into heavy emailing. the N series I guess is their top of the line ... business w/ pleasure